Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

No variants [Back issues]

Hey guys I am new to this game and have seen couple of gameplay video of this game and wanted to play variants in classic version to get stony cores to build up my mastery. But i cannot find variants tab in my game . I am at level 17 and got almost every modes of games (arena, wars, quests, special quests etc), but cannot find variants. Here are some pics

So if this is because of my level. Can you please tell what is the level I have to reach to unlock variants at classic version. Thank you in advance. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You’re not a high enough level
  • Options
    I made a new account 2 days ago, I just got to level 26. I closed the game and reopened and I still don't have access to back issues
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    you have to be level 40. here is the original variant 1 release info

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/637186
  • Options
    Hmm @TimeGenesis , link says just the harder Variant Difficulty is locked to Level 40.
    But Classic Difficulty (and thus the Back Issues panel overall) should be available to everyone, even new players.

Looks like when they redesigned the new layout, they inadvertently added the Level 40 lock to the whole Back Issues panel instead. And should be fixed.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★

Hmm @TimeGenesis , link says just the harder Variant Difficulty is locked to Level 40.
    But Classic Difficulty (and thus the Back Issues panel overall) should be available to everyone, even new players.

Looks like when they redesigned the new layout, they inadvertently added the Level 40 lock to the whole Back Issues panel instead. And should be fixed.

yeah, that’s a definite bug
  • Options
    FYI, latest Blood and Venom specified Level 45 (but again, ONLY for Variant), see latest Announcement thread, so not sure when Variants changed from 40 to 45.

And whether than means the older Variants now follow the 45 condition too, or are still 40, and (once GUI Panels get fixed) whether different amount of Variants will available for those who are between 40-45 ??
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,824 ★★★★★

FYI, latest Blood and Venom specified Level 45 (but again, ONLY for Variant), see latest Announcement thread, so not sure when Variants changed from 40 to 45.

And whether than means the older Variants now follow the 45 condition too, or are still 40, and (once GUI Panels get fixed) whether different amount of Variants will available for those who are between 40-45 ??

the big problem with the level lock is classic difficulty is super useful for newer players
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    maybe repost in bugs section? does anyone remember if the cap was 25 previouslt before the GUI change?
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

Could may well be a bug. idr exactly at what level / stage I was at when Classic /Variant was first released.

But ye I agree, classic is helpful for new players to see what it was like back then
  • Options
    Gonna copy latest response from elsewhere into this bigger thread about the issue...

Update: Logging out and in doesn't work. Thanks to the message about Variant 5 I can access the page by finding the email and using the link, but I can't access it any other way. @MCOC Team is there a reason for this or just a bug?

So according to that, looks like even though the “Back Issues” panel is not available from Fight Menu, you can still get to them (or at least for running Classic difficulty ?) by going through either the in-game Advertisement (scrolling window “ads”) or in-game Mail Message (If either of them have Link buttons in there).

Curious if those under Level 40 (or 45, depending on “which” Back Issue you want to run) are able to actually get into the VARIANT Difficulty that way (as if the Level Lock was only on the overall display of Back Issues Panel from Fight menu), or if Variant is still locked if you got to the Panel from Mail/Ad Msgs (which should be the case, Variant should still be locked although you should be able to do Classic) ??
  • Options
    Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    It used to be under the event quests panel and since "beginner" EQ and most "classic" back issues have a lvl 6 gate, it probably wouldn't have been an issue before. They need to fix it so the "Back Issue" panel appears at level 6. That would allow Back Issue 2-5 to be played. Only #1 has the lvl 10 requirement. Variants 2-5 require lvl 45 while V1 requires lvl 40.