**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dramatic A.I. Behavior Changes.

I was just wondering on what grounds does your company feel like it was acceptable to dramatically change the A.I. behavior without mentioning it to the player base at all? In case you haven't experienced it, the A.I. at highest difficulty is now very hesitant, the timing for all actions is extremely different. I don't particularly mind the change, I understand it was done to add a challenge to the game, which is fine. I've heard quite a few people are having problems with it, but it hasn't been hard enough to change my performance. However, this becomes a GIANT problem when you dramatically change things people have payed a lot of money for over night without mentioning it at all. The absolute least you could do is say "Hey guys, A.I change inc.." It's the lack of disclosure that makes it seem like you leave it out on purpose. You would think, especially after 12.0, the 5* Punisher scandal etc. that you would step into the light a bit, but the fact that you are so quiet makes it impossible to pretend that you have good intentions.

Comments

• FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    Oh wow, thank you. I tried search for posts concerning this before hand, but missed that.
  • In aq a.i now has instant recovery after heavies and specials, but that's an obvious change that anyone with skill has already noticed.
  • Sometimes you wonder if you're crazy and then you see posts like this. Pretty sure anyone who's put time into the game noticed this too. Just the same, you question whether it's just you, or has there been a definitive change in Ai behavior. Like so many other things, helps to have another individual experience the same things as you do. Validates your suspicions. No one is asking for blood here, just a bit of a heads up is all.
  • Iv also noticed that SW triggers regen a lot less and a lot of times it's on the last hit before the opponent dies. On wolverine there seems to be a lot less regen too, anywhere else my wolv is always at full health from getting so much regen but not in aq...
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Its you only OR they are not aware that game team has made the changes, kabam mike has specifically mentioned time and again
    If there are any changes that are made, as long as we are aware, we will announce.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    0pTimus wrote: »
    Its you only OR they are not aware that game team has made the changes, kabam mike has specifically mentioned time and again
    If there are any changes that are made, as long as we are aware, we will announce.

So it's another bug that's gonna be around for 2 years.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    I've also noticed the AI just sit there once u have blocking up. Then if u try to do anything like dash back you get smacked. Such cheats
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    They also intercept allot more also.....
    Like the OP has mentioned, I don't really care that they have increased/changed the A.I. behavior, just a bit of forewarning would've been appreciated.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    AI has changed. On "attack" they are very hesitant. It's often: jab.....jab.....jab..........jab (just often enough you can't attack without getting intercepted or evade without getting hit).

Then they crawl into their shell and hide behind a block. They stay there until the split-second you try to activate a heavy, then it's a 4- or 5-hit combo.

They can never seem to miss on their specials either. Almost unblockable with how fast you're hit from when the screen goes dark.

The symbiotes in AQ are even worse. I hate fighting those.
  • Ive noticed the lag spikes right before im tryin to evade a special or potential combo to the face the mini lag long enough to hit me in the face..definitely costing me
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Anyone notice Nightcrawler is 2-3x more squirmy and hard to get a hold of in general?

And punching him into swashbuckling mode is a lot harder because he evades when you're about to get it a lot more.

How can I suddenly start sucking skillwise in the past 3 months, with each month it getting worse and worse. Not possible!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    DD2 wrote: »
    Anyone notice Nightcrawler is 2-3x more squirmy and hard to get a hold of in general?

And punching him into swashbuckling mode is a lot harder because he evades when you're about to get it a lot more.

How can I suddenly start sucking skillwise in the past 3 months, with each month it getting worse and worse. Not possible!

Despite the thread, the answer to everything is Iceman.
  • SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Noticed the changes too, in the harder content, the AI acts like speed freaks, all twitchy and ****. I've learned to fight them, but a heads up would have been appreciated
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, it's very noticeable, the amount of times you get the parry at the start of the fight has been cut in half. The amount of time they spend blocking has been reduced to something more random... they will stand there and look at you, then attack immediately before you hit them. Attacking them while blocking will much less frequently cause them to immediately attack back. It's a very obvious attempt to make the A.I less predictable to fight. I'm not necessarily referring to the bugs, but the obvious different fighting style that the A.I is now using.