**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summoner Showdown- Symbiote supreme sp2 trigger coldsnap

WascomWascom Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Using his sp2 still triggers the coldsnap even though it’s a non contact attack

Comments

• Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Huh that’s not how it works it has a 50% chance to trigger
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    "The Defender has a 50% chance to inflict the Attacker with Coldsnap on contact".
  • WascomWascom Posts: 5
    Same with Hyperion’s breath portion of sp2.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    "CONTACT"

"CONTACT"

Your one word answer was very helpful. As well as the other people who quoted the in game prompt.

Am I understanding it wrong. I take it as any attack where the champion makes contact with Silver Surfer, there is a 50% chance to get the debuff. That means attacks that the champion doesn’t make contact with shouldn’t have a chance to trigger the debuff.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Either the node is wrongly worded, or it's not working as intended.
    By the wording only, someone would assume that projectiles wouldn't trigger it, which is not the case here
    Just to round everything out I tested this with Nova. One of his passive reads “Nova’s Medium Attacks do not make Contact and deal Energy Damage”.
    Either Nova’s medium attacks are bugged or the “Energy Adoption: Ice -2” buff isn’t working correctly. @Kabam Lyra

• jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 22
    Just tested with Ebony Maw using only medium attacks and had the same experience. It appears that non-contact attacks still have the chance to trigger coldsnap, so I'm guessing the node is improperly worded and should read "The defender has a 50% chance to inflict the attacker with Coldsnap on every attack." @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit can someone weigh in on this? The current wording definitely makes it sound like champions with non-contact attacks should still be a viable solution to this challenge.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Doom’s attacks are all non-contact, but he still gets coldsnap. I think it is just worded wrong