**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Boss rush silver surfer

124»

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

• BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    VDM said:

Jestress said:

Archangel....

How does AA work? Lifecycle says immune to damage from debuffs.
    If defender has got neurotoxins applied on him, he will not regen if knocked out while shield is active because neurotoxins block healing. When defender is knocked down and shield disables, defender will be open to damage over time debuffs and thus knocked out after getting up.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I've done life cycle I knock him down multiple times and then use special 3 and he still gets up

There’s a brief delay on it going down
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Joker1976 said:

I did it with one l2 solo revive,...but I won’t attack you like a lot of these other dudes that responded to you,..cause that’s just a common thing they like to do.,...instead I will completely agree with you 100% it’s a total BS fight. First you have to knock him down,..then you have to wait til he gets up so the timer rests,..then you have to wait til he dusts himself off,...waxes his surfboard, does his stretches,...then the hokey pokey ,.. then when he turns himself around .....that’s when you knock him out!! ,...just a all around super dumb node/ idea in general

You won't have to wait for all that if you save your SP3. Knock him down, wait for him to get up and just as he begins waxing his board, detonate your SP3.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    this is a pointless thread
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★

What a joke I knocked down 20 plus times took sheild off and it still didn't knock silver surfer out that's some BS and it doesn't say theirs no other node stopping me knocking out

Done with Ghost.

https://youtu.be/sG65j0w7UIU
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    Very easy boss rush it was just too much easy how much easy that I had to use 100 units
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Took me several attempts, too. Hadn't planned sufficiently for Lifecycle: had the wrong champs who didn't reliably inflict DoT. I also kept getting caught out by Surfer's slow stand after being knocked down - I'd dash in, swing at the air and then get countered and wrecked by a Special.

My bad!

I've done life cycle I knock him down multiple times and then use special 3 and he still gets up

There's a delay between the knock down and the shield falling off
    Yes there is - at least once I hit him with an SP3 immediately after being knocked down and he survived - presumably this was because the Lifecycle timer hadn't started immediately. I can accept this is the 'right' explanation, but it seems manifestly unfair that you can do exactly what it says to do in order to beat the node, but you fail to actually beat it because the node doesn't do exactly what it says it does.

Still, I was happy enough to use a few free 20% revives rather than slog through the other fights again; and a decent investment in pulling 6000 5* shards.

• Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Surprised there isn't a thread about Man Thing, thought he was more annoying than SS. Used AA for SS, he was barely an issue. Man Thing and his damn immunity & passive phase.

There is, they said she-hulk is the counter.
    But my rosters are limited, so i went in with quake and i did it wrong, i should have quake and parry but instead i went quake and dex, the accuracy buff triggered his powergain alot. But i took his 80% of health before my quake died, so i finished him with other champ.

I agree, the Man-thing is the hardest node in this boss rush, because i don't have any counter for it.
    Ah must have missed it lol I used CapIW with skill and tech synergy and took dexterity off since I forgot he applies his own buffs. I made the same mistake with Quake!
  • JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    My alliance member used Claire for that, if you want to video, he have it.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Friend, this would be the time to take a long break from the game. Nothing is worth that much frustration.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Quake and baked him down with like 30% health left on Quake then wrapped it up with Hood. I'm not that great a player so nice to see my last 2 r5 rankups handle that bossrush.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Just use Ronan and chainstun no need for anything special lol
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

My alliance member used Claire for that, if you want to video, he have it.

despite you seeming to have a, well you know, for claire, she will work fine, but does not have anything special to get around lifecyle.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★

I may need to borrow this :D