**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where does Longshot fit in?

In a world where there is Doctor Doom, CV, Sym Supreme, Sorcerer Supreme... For what purpose would one want to rank up Longshot? I get that he has some of the most insane dps in the game (where conditions are perfect), but so far I have my 5* on the bench awaiting orders.

Comments

• MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    He works well in Variant 5 with the Karma DPS so far and I have the others except Sorcerer Supreme
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I wouldn’t rank one if I had him unless I was missing other mystic champs in my roster. For example, I just pulled a 5* Longshot as my first mystic 4 or 5 star on my alt account

I’ll rank him up on that because I need a nullifier. On my main I wouldn’t touch him. DPS is important, but it’s utility that you need to get used in high content. Longshot lacks utility. His buff control is weak compared to other mystics and he has really nothing else going for him aside from increased ability accuracy for incursions

People see big red numbers and assume they’re amazing. If that made a champion viable Proxima would be the best in the game, or Cull
    Miyagi said:

I wouldn’t rank one if I had him unless I was missing other mystic champs in my roster. For example, I just pulled a 5* Longshot as my first mystic 4 or 5 star on my alt account

I’ll rank him up on that because I need a nullifier. On my main I wouldn’t touch him. DPS is important, but it’s utility that you need to get used in high content. Longshot lacks utility. His buff control is weak compared to other mystics and he has really nothing else going for him aside from increased ability accuracy for incursions

People see big red numbers and assume they’re amazing. If that made a champion viable Proxima would be the best in the game, or Cull

Yeah I'm sitting at a place where I already have a Sym Supreme and CV at 5/65... just not sure what I'd do with him if I ranked him.
    That’s the issue, he just doesn’t bring anything to a developed roster. For newer players he’s great, but he doesn’t have a ‘niche’. If there is ever a quest where you just need nullification and nothing else, he’ll be great, but I doubt that will be coming anytime soon
  • blurblotblurblot Posts: 39

All I hear is people talking Longshot down. It feels like he was overhyped when he came out, and there was a backlash. He punishes buffs with excessive damage, but he doesn't need buffs - he can do it to any champ who isn't incinerate immune, which is most of them.

I've used him to clear cosmic herald difficulty, and not one mystic champ can clear those fights faster than him - and with zero risk. The only fight he's not great for is the Vision boss.

I can only assume that most of the people talking him down haven't got him or haven't used him. People are sleeping on Longshot. If you've already got Doom/BWCV for their utility, why would you NOT rank up Longshot?

totally agree with this. i have a 5/65 BWCV and a 4/55 Sym Supreme, as well as a 4/55 Longshot. granted, the other two have much more utility - but Longshot can end fights VERY quickly. run him against Hela in 6.2.5 to see how he can perform.

he’s not the BEST mystic but he is a VERY GOOD mystic champ, and also has super-high Ability Accuracy that is almost impossible to reduce. def wish he had a bit more utility, but he’s a lot of fun to use.
  • Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    He’s got a weird space in the mystic class. He’s a high damage dealer without a ton of utility. He has a few extra quirks: increased power gain per bad karma, and the ability to bypass auto-block or Miss with his sp1.

He’s not going to necessarily beat out SS in most buff-heavy scenarios, but in certain lanes (looking at you, resistor path) he is absolutely devastating.

He isn’t the best mystic, but I like running him with my Domino/Rulk questing team when BWCV is hung up in AQ. He’s a ton of fun to use, and he can end most fights with a single sp2
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    edited August 2020
    I just pulled him. Have him and voodoo sitting at r1.Haven't even put iso in yet. Trying to decide which one for v5 but plenty of time for that
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Longshot is amazing he fits in at the top
  • Adamb208Adamb208 Posts: 152
    My 6* R2 domino is a beast in pretty much every part of the game. Watch some of the gameplay out there for her in LOL. Her damage potential is crazy. She bypasses so much with the AA reduction and her critical bleed melts champs. Still one of my favorites and I bring her to every AW. I don’t run suicides and I don’t use her synergy. It isn’t necessary. I recently pulled long shot but haven’t ranked him up. I have a 6* BWCV at R2 and 5* Sym Sup and 5* Sorcerer Sup both at R5. Personally I am going to bring up my 5* BWCV to R5 before I rank Longshot.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Miyagi said:

Yeah I'm sitting at a place where I already have a Sym Supreme and CV at 5/65... just not sure what I'd do with him if I ranked him.
    You will use him at arena higher ranked for more points. That’s the plain truth.
    Realistically you will never use him over your SS or BWCV, cause they can do the job better 😉
  • JerkobsonJerkobson Posts: 163 ★★
    I have a r5 Longshot and love him. I definitely agree with the critiques above but he’s just tons of fun to play. One of the champs I have the most fun playing.

He was an MVP for variant 5. And he’s on my main EQ questing team all the time cause his synergies and crazy damage.

I also have a r5 doom and Sorcerer supreme and a r2 6* SS. Longshot get used more than all of them but doom.

Agree , play style wise he suits me and it's weirdly satisfying watching there health drop on an SP2 , I actually hate dooms play style (to many sp3's) but he is so effective and what he does. Pretty much steamed rolled variant 5 for me with bwcv and venom . Longshot sits in the Emma frost bracket for me . I really enjoy playing her ,but for some reason I can not press the button on R5 her and I end up ranking to champs I do not enjoy as much , but they just do better in the overall content of the game . Domino I need more play time , not sure where I sit with her yet

Take up that Emma, she’s crazy good. I think she’s a lot better than Longshot. Damage isn’t as high, but it’s very respectable and she has an absolute boatload of utility that I find myself using frequently, even with 24 other R5’s. Trust me, she’s worth it.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★

I use my longshot all the time.

Fair point rocky , I am the same , I always find a use for her , I think I will go ahead with it . One of problem's with this game is getting sucked into the bull YouTube videos about who is god tier and who is not, (me been one of them ) so you end up holding of based on someone's personal opinion

Those videos can be useful, and can teach you things about champs that you haven’t considered, but at the end of the day, it comes down to what you need in your roster and how you feel about a champ. It’s a game. Enjoy it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    I’m always amazed when the discussion shifts to mystics and Voodoo gets left out. Still one of the most useful and dominant champs if you know how to use him.

Dr. Zola
  • Lucky7LucianoLucky7Luciano Posts: 76
    He fits on the bench, collecting dust, until you’re bored.