**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CASE: Proxima's block offensive ability reduction [Inconsistency]

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
Here is how her block works: "Opponents have 200% Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction when Proxima Midnight Blocks an attack".

So I tested Doom's Unblockable SP1 against her. Not happening.
However, there was one time it did happen but did record the fight.

Now when you use Proxima against Doom's Unblockable SP1, Doom gets the Unblockable.

If that is not inconsistency, I don't know what is.
Is the Unblockable registered as defensive ability accuracy when you're the attacker? Doesn't sound right.

Same thing happened when fighting Hulkbuster.

Here are the pics.

Comments

• Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Maybe you're supposed to hold block before the point doom throws his sp1. But I don't play proxima so I don't know
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think the aar triggers when she actually blocks the attack, not when holding block. so if you parry, you blocked an attack and then the aar is applied. in your case, you never block an attack because your block is broken by unblockable. I don't play proxima, but that makes sens to me
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    So, I think I got it.
    Proxima's block Offensive Ability Accuracy reduction works when:

1) You are attacking her while she is blocking.

2) If you chain your specials after combo, that special is considered 'hit into her block' which will reduce 200% Offensive Ability Accuracy.

Quite a niche mechanic tbh.

In up against an Unblockable specials, it favours the AI more because the AI rarely chain combo with special.