**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I r5 Corvus or Hyperion?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
A few minutes ago, I opened up a cosmic/tech crystal and got Hyperion! I got Corvus a week ago. I don’t run suicides. Who to rank up?

Should I r5 Corvus or Hyperion? 83 votes

R5 Corvus
40%
PantherusNZTensioLvernon15Sw0rdMasterBrokenadknight27manveertherealdoctorbAnthinhoAmazing_Demon05Hector_1475Iron_Patriot_is_litGrandmaster007Superfighter101BLACKMILKTEA_88Thicco_ModeBasslineZombieTripleBAozerPřìņče01 34 votes
R5 Hyperion
59%
Haji_SaabErza_ScarletTheManMythLegendMagrailothosTeddersarsjumJBC89NojokejaymJmd82NiteAndDae10or_StrongMitriaxRakeYoungspaceoctopusZombieZeddRookiieRockypantherxMeebletongfan_13strongmandible 49 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Dnegrin6969Dnegrin6969 Posts: 253 ★★
    R5 Hyperion
    I have hype as r5 and he is carrying my team through act 6.2 completion as well as for getting cav. He’s much better awakened but corvus is better with suicides
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    R5 Hyperion
    The general consensus is Corvus damage is lackluster without suicides or cosmic boosts, except for things like AQ/AW
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Anyone dup ?
  • Options
    MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    R5 Hyperion
    If Hyperion is duped and your 1st R5 cosmic surly him else Corvus, Hyp needs Dup to be amazing and has far better utility compared to CG, but with suicide, Corvus is much better.
  • Options
    Ciciliato said:

Anyone dup ?

both
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    They are both incredibly useful for the majority of content.

Best you work it out for yourself really as they have different play styles and utility.
  • Options
    Can anyone give their reasoning for Corvus? Everyone who's commented has said Hyperion and I appreciate it, but I would like to hear the other argument as well.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    R5 Hyperion
    The argument for Corvus is his burst damage and utility. He’s arguably one of the best AQ options and he’s had a revival in AW.

I personally find him a bit tedious to use in later Act 6 without suicides which is why I voted Hyperion.
  • Options
    Thanks @Mauled and @Haji_Saab ! Hyperion it is!
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    R5 Corvus
    I R5'ed Corvus before Hyperion even though I'd had Hyperion for a long time previously - Hype carried me through a lot of content but I started to struggle more and more to have him be effective, while Corvus has carried me through endless content since taking him up, even without suicides, including getting Cavalier, Uncollected events, and multiple side quests. No regrets.
  • Options
    BaddOne67BaddOne67 Posts: 116
    I understand most of the mastery but what does SUICIDE do?? And when is best to use it??
  • Options
    Oh and I did Hype first
  • Options
    BaddOne67 said:

I understand most of the mastery but what does SUICIDE do?? And when is best to use it??

Suicides increase the damage of your champions significantly at the cost of getting bled and poisoned the entire match and taking damage whenever you launch a special attack.
  • Options
    Well then why use it if its gonna drain all that??????
  • Options
    Oh thanks flash10
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 463 ★★★
    R5 Hyperion
    I voted for hyperion coz i love free sps, but I have a corvus r5 and he took me to cavalier with one shot act 5 boss, and cavalier sentinel boss. Damn, he’s good for short fights
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Hyperion, no question
  • Options

Both are great options. Preferably you want the dupe on both. More so on hyperion tho. With that said. Suicides or not i prefer Hypes

I had 2 cosmic awakening gems so I ended up awakening them both. I don't run suicides so I'm probably going to r5 Hype.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    R5 Corvus
    Both r pretty good, depends on situation and ur play style. Corvus good if fight not too long and great with suicides. Problem is when he uses up crit hits, he needs time to recharge. Hype is good cause easy to pile on furies and great power gain plus hes poison immune so u can run that suicide.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    R5 Corvus
    I have both R5. Since both are unduped, Corvus is the clear choice, there is no debate.
  • Options

I have both R5. Since both are unduped, Corvus is the clear choice, there is no debate.

Both are duped
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    R5 Corvus

Both are duped
    That's amazing, for starters. So the only acceptable reply is... both eventually. You can't really go wrong.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    R5 Corvus
    Corvus is the best cosmic