Options

How to use Warlock

I watched Dork Lesson's video on Warlock and I'm still confused about how to use him for power control. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Get some infections on the opponent and use sp1.
    You can also use sp3 it will inflict a passive power burn.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    in addition to the above, if you're in aw or arena, or anywhere where they have willpower, you can just parry and occasionally heavy. @Karatemike415 does a lot of war fights like this and it's very effective. his videos are on youtube
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 557 ★★★
    There's a trade off a with SP1 - you get a moderate power drain, but lose infections...so you also lose heal block and regen on your SP3s.

So the easy answer is to use SP3 for power control, regen and maintaining incections. This will be fine for the vast majority of fights. But against someone like Hype he's going to hit SP3 before Warlock does so you have to throw the SP1.

Warlock is all about multiple utilities & balance. He's a good power control champ, but not the best in the game. For just that just need power control I go with Doom and he melts them. But add in a biohazard node and warlock becomes the answer.
  • Options

in addition to the above, if you're in aw or arena, or anywhere where they have willpower, you can just parry and occasionally heavy. @Karatemike415 does a lot of war fights like this and it's very effective. his videos are on youtube

aw