**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Metal Champs

In looking over the changes- it looks like champions wearing metal have been added as #metal.

So why hasn't Mr Sinister been added as #metal? It seems that he is wearing metal armor...

Drax also seems be wearing some metal - but not #metal.

Arguably, I don't see why Hulk Rag would be metal - I think if someone tugged on his metal should pad - it would just rip off before actually moving him. I think that would be the case for Drax as well...

Anyway, Sinister is the big one here.

Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    No opinion.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Sinister is a shapeshifter. I don’t think it’s truly metal.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Mxylplk said:

In looking over the changes- it looks like champions wearing metal have been added as #metal.

So why hasn't Mr Sinister been added as #metal? It seems that he is wearing metal armor...

I suspect the criteria is slightly more than "wearing metal" because if it was, that would include a majority of the champions that have belt buckles or zippers, much less more important gear. I'm pretty sure Punisher, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury have metal on them somewhere for example.

If you want to ponder on a puzzling one, consider Black Bolt. The tuning fork is metal, and it focuses his powers.
  • Options
    MxylplkMxylplk Posts: 29
    Got it - so he isn't wearing metal armor - he just makes it look that way when he is naked. Thank you Mister Sinister ;)
  • Options
    RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Cable is #Metal with a large gun but Bishop isnt despite also having guns.

Stealth Spidey is wearing a mostly fabric suit from the looks of it but he's #Metal.

Yet Agent Venom has armor but it could be argued it comes from the Symbiote, but e also has several guns that he fires with his sp3 but not #Metal apparently.

Colossus is #Metal despite his bio saying its "Organic Metal" that one is fair.

Juggernaut has a massive helmet, with the same properties as the one Magneto wears to keep Xavier out, Juggz also has what appear to be brass knuckles and other armor plating it looks like, unless someone argues those are leather straps and his helmet is some kind of composite plastic, Juggz should also have the #Metal

Blade and Psylocke have swords.

Domino carries 2 handguns and an assault rifle, but not Metal

I'm sure there are more examples, granted i dont mind any of this since i dont rely on Tech/Metal champs to fight Magneto but Corvus is used often, i also personally have used Proxima for some annoying Masochism fights against Magneto and now she wont work against him, the logic or reasoning isnt very clear here.

i understand Kabam runs the game as they please, but personally i just cant make sense of the criteria used for adding the #Metal
  • Options
    BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Just checked my Goldpool.. he is not metal

He is #Mercenary #Devilishly Handsome #1000% Awesome
  • Options
    jmo254jmo254 Posts: 18
    Adding more # metal champs huh??one question.why are their so many villains that are not # villain???it would be nice and proper for blade synergy
  • Options
    MxylplkMxylplk Posts: 29
    Seems to me that the criteria may be wearing metal armor or have parts of the champ be metal.

I guess stealth spidey's stealth suit must be substantially metal despite looking like a ski mask.

Ghulk doesnt make sense to me. If Ghulk is metal, so should be Drax. IMO, neither should be. Maybe Juggy too then...Googling his helmet I found:
    "The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the Crimson Cosmos dimension of Cyttorak. The Juggernaut subsequently fashioned a skullcap from scraps of the metal used to construct the helmet."
  • Options
    Mxylplk said:

Seems to me that the criteria may be wearing metal armor or have parts of the champ be metal.

I guess stealth spidey's stealth suit must be substantially metal despite looking like a ski mask.

Ghulk doesnt make sense to me. If Ghulk is metal, so should be Drax. IMO, neither should be. Maybe Juggy too then...Googling his helmet I found:
    "The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the Crimson Cosmos dimension of Cyttorak. The Juggernaut subsequently fashioned a skullcap from scraps of the metal used to construct the helmet."

Yea Ghulk kinda confused me a bit.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Stealth Spidey is wearing a mostly fabric suit from the looks of it but he's #Metal.

Yet Agent Venom has armor but it could be argued it comes from the Symbiote, but e also has several guns that he fires with his sp3 but not #Metal apparently.

Juggernaut has a massive helmet, with the same properties as the one Magneto wears to keep Xavier out, Juggz also has what appear to be brass knuckles and other armor plating it looks like, unless someone argues those are leather straps and his helmet is some kind of composite plastic, Juggz should also have the #Metal

I'm sure there are more examples, granted i dont mind any of this since i dont rely on Tech/Metal champs to fight Magneto but Corvus is used often, i also personally have used Proxima for some annoying Masochism fights against Magneto and now she wont work against him, the logic or reasoning isnt very clear here.

i understand Kabam runs the game as they please, but personally i just cant make sense of the criteria used for adding the #Metal

Cable has a giant metal arm.

How Stealthy is metal is beyond me
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Gulk is also using a massive metal hammer
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I can see why they made some changes. I know that they have to make decisions as to how they select those champs.

I really don't agree with them changing champs that already existed prior to the rework happening to now have the tag because it "benefits" the reworked champs.

Adding new tags to existing characters, which fundamentally changes how they work in certain scenarios is not a good move, as they had been established in such a way since their release. And considering that Kabam have stated in the past that Champion tags are "determined by people at Marvel" previously, why is Marvel now okay with a sudden tag addition to many champs now, considering that Magneto has ALWAYS had some sort of interaction with Metal champs in the past.

It really does seem a bit shady to not have implemented the metal tag to the champs that are now being changed to have it, when the two champs that have major interactivity with the tag are being releases in the reworked state.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Game balance so they say
  • Options
    YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    You could argue for giving the metal tag to 90% of the champs in the game but a line has to be drawn somewhere, at the end of the day game balance is more important than being realistic.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 493 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I can see why they made some changes. I know that they have to make decisions as to how they select those champs.

Adding new tags to existing characters, which fundamentally changes how they work in certain scenarios is not a good move, as they had been established in such a way since their release.

It really does seem a bit shady to not have implemented the metal tag to the champs that are now being changed to have it, when the two champs that have major interactivity with the tag are being releases in the reworked state.

To the first point, I see where you are coming from, but there have been numerous changes to champs in the past with synergy buffs, regular buffs, tweaks, and adjustments. Would that perspective hold true in those cases as well? (I know some frown upon synergy buffing old champs. So I was wondering did you share that opinion)

To the second point, I think that adding #metal may be the first of many updates. Someone mentioned Blade earlier. Now that we are able to sort basted on the #hashtag of the champs, I wonder will we see new dimensional beings pop up at a later time. There have been no changes to Blade so I would not expect any changes for that particular category. I see the addition of #metal as another part to the Magneto buff.

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    GMAX77 said:

ItsDamien said:

Adding new tags to existing characters, which fundamentally changes how they work in certain scenarios is not a good move, as they had been established in such a way since their release.

To the first point, I see where you are coming from, but there have been numerous changes to champs in the past with synergy buffs, regular buffs, tweaks, and adjustments. Would that perspective hold true in those cases as well? (I know some frown upon synergy buffing old champs. So I was wondering did you share that opinion)

To the second point, I think that adding #metal may be the first of many updates. Someone mentioned Blade earlier. Now that we are able to sort basted on the #hashtag of the champs, I wonder will we see new dimensional beings pop up at a later time. There have been no changes to Blade so I would not expect any changes for that particular category. I see the addition of #metal as another part to the Magneto buff.

When it comes to buffing champs, I personally think it should be done directly to the champ to make them better, without directly causing existing champs to become worse. I'm fine with new champs giving synergies to old champs to enhance how they work (look at Red Guardian and Abomination for example) as that doesn’t directly target other champs to make them worse in the process. The same holds true with nerfing a champion, as long as it's targeted at the champ in question, and not doing it indirectly like they have done in the past (The Black Order not being villains so Blade doesn't get Danger Sense against them being the prime example of an indirect nerf).

Rather than changing existing tags on existing champs to further buff a champion that for all intents and purposes will be a high tier champ going forward, they could have and should in my opinion simply started adding new champs that would be #metal rather than tweaking the existing roster to add more.

It also strikes me odd with their selection of Champs they added the tag to.

Annihilus, an annoying defender.
    Corvus Glaive, still one of the top 10 champs for EQ and AQ
    Heimdall, synergy use
    Hulk (Ragnarok), best for fun interactive damage Nova, an annoying defender
    Proxima Midnight, a damage dealer and synergy for Corvus
    Ronan, stun cheese against buff heavy opponents (such as forcing new Mags to heavy and baiting him so he gains a lot of prowess perhaps?)
    Taskmaster, an okay champ with some potential
    Thanos, a trophy champ and occasional Boss
    Thor, a still semi useful armour break champ
    Thor (Jane Foster), a stagger champ

Out of those, 7 are either relatively good/useful/great, for either attack or defense, and are also the most affected by the tag change when Magneto fights them (again either as an attacker or defender depending on the champ)

But the thing that strikes me odd about their selection... why Thor, and Jane Foster on there, but not Thor Rags who is considered pretty low on both an Attacker and Defender tier, yet has metal weapons and shield, but both other Thors and his Ragnarok Hulk companion are?

It really does make me question whether Kabam was simply "Trying to add more favourable match ups for the new Mags" or indirectly nerf some champions to make them less viable in either an attacking or defensive manner.

EDIT: I forgot to add, to further explain my gripe with the new additions. All of those champs COULD have been #metal from the moment they entered the game with the exception of Thor (I don't remember if the metal tag was there when the game was released or when tags were originally introduced). It's only now when 2 champs who benefit from the Metal tag are available, that they decided to add the tag to the listed champs.
  • Options
    Eaj222Eaj222 Posts: 32
    Everyone is forgetting that all these new champs also benefit from white mags synergies now. Hero and metal champs give a nice boost. So as many that get metal tags hurt vs red mags, they also benefit with white. Especially those who have both hero and metal.
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    All I'm gonna say is, it was fun to destroy magentos with corvus. I'll miss that. Over to Archangel (and god knows who for white mags) now
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    So Ronan has metal (hummer, I assume?), but gp swords and gun and bullets are not?
    Sad, but typical
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    It was never going to make 100% sense. Ghulk, Ronan and both Thor's have giant metal hammers. Ok makes sense. Corvus is reliant on his metal Glaive. Ok makes sense. But if you follow the logic and tag every sword or gun wielding champ you end up tagging Medusa and Psyloke as #metal and that makes no sense. A line had to be drawn somewhere and while I respect the logic many people are pointing to I think they did as good a job as they could. I mean no one is really arguing that magnetic powers stopping bleeding or reversing "healing" doesn't make sense. Because to balance the game there has to be rules that don't really make sense in terms of reality or even the world of comic books. I mean Squirrel Girl can apply shock with a synergy. It's cool but it makes no sense.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Cable has the techno organic virus so metal in his body
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Magneto, as we all know, has the ability of controlling non-metal champs just by placing metal shrapnels on their body, armor or anywhere...hence, instead of adding more #metal tagged champions...y not..

Sp1 and Sp2 successful hit, has a 100% chance of opponent suffering from magnetism for x seconds...
    Sp1 and Sp2, if successfully block, reduces the chance of magnetism by 50%

Also, how is magneto, an omega level mutant does not have his magnetic shield or bubble? Yes, he is given bleed resistance/immunity and shock resistance.. yet to me, an active magnetic bubble would have jus reduced the chance of offensive ability accuracy or chance of triggering debuff on him by 100%..

• Options

Magneto, as we all know, has the ability of controlling non-metal champs just by placing metal shrapnels on their body, armor or anywhere...hence, instead of adding more #metal tagged champions...y not..

Sp1 and Sp2 successful hit, has a 100% chance of opponent suffering from magnetism for x seconds...
    Sp1 and Sp2, if successfully block, reduces the chance of magnetism by 50%

Also, how is magneto, an omega level mutant does not have his magnetic shield or bubble? Yes, he is given bleed resistance/immunity and shock resistance.. yet to me, an active magnetic bubble would have jus reduced the chance of offensive ability accuracy or chance of triggering debuff on him by 100%..

His magnetic shield causes the unstoppable buff when heavy charging, and his magnetic shield causes most of his signature abilities.