**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So, Magneto ended up not being an Omega level mutant

2»

Comments

• Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I was also disappointed at first, but it was because I hoped he was always great, hoping him to be more of a cap IW type deal, when in reality he is and always was meant to be more of a Human Torch but for metals, gainign infinite prowess like infinite Heat charges, heal reversal, energy based damage, shutting them down and dealing massive damage.

Once I saw him as more of a Mutant HT, the differences didnt really mean too much. Human torch's heavy charge was buffed, arguably making him stronger against non-mystics by a tiny bit, but it doesnt matter. You bring HT for mystic and energy matches, and sometimes when you have to use him, you accept he wont be as great there.

Same with Magneto. For endgame players and for players with good or great mutants, he'll be the #Metal guy. If you don't have good or great mutants, he'll be your everything guy, and he'll still crit sp2s ridiculously strong and deal like 30K bleed from the sp3.
  • Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 849 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Lol I like how everyone is focusing on the bad but no one mentioned how Kabam actually buffed the shrapnel bleed damage. He's only slightly worse against non bleed metals. If you don't think he's beyond god tier, then I don't know if you've been playing the game. IMHO, I think he's at or even better than colossus for a lot of matchups.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    The only aspect of the game the tuned down hurts him is long LOL AOL type fights. Everyday questing, AQ, AW he will still be beyond God tier mainly due to his abilities outside of his damage. Those annoying Doom, annihilus, g2099, warlock, mojo fights in AW just got a whole lot easier
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    Imran said:

Little bit disappointed. He will be not as good as omega red, colossus. But against metal champ he will be monster I think. Still below omega red colossus, because we can use omega red against almost every champ of the game except some robots. But with magneto, only metal champ. That's a great limitation I think for mag to become beyond god tier champ like quake, corvus, doom etc. Where omega red, colossus not even omega level mutant character. Still I have some hope, waiting to see how he will be now after this tuning.

Sounds like someone is upset they dont have OR.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    He got buffed from a meme to a beast, well worth r3 and his prestige is nice, worth r3 as a 6* also, quit whining.
  • Options
    Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48

The only aspect of the game the tuned down hurts him is long LOL AOL type fights. Everyday questing, AQ, AW he will still be beyond God tier mainly due to his abilities outside of his damage. Those annoying Doom, annihilus, g2099, warlock, mojo fights in AW just got a whole lot easier

Not really, as these long fights have damage caps - the damage is well beyond the damage cap. Have a look at karatemike’s last video where he solos abyss OML - he’s going to be brilliant for these long #metal fights.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Another thing to consider is that he’s only seen as a solid champ against #metal tag opponent. They could easily release less metal champs and he could end up becoming irrelevant a year or two from now like Blade did since both depend on tag. Just a speculation
  • Options
    HelluvaPullHelluvaPull Posts: 83
    GagoH said:

Another thing to consider is that he’s only seen as a solid champ against #metal tag opponent. They could easily release less metal champs and he could end up becoming irrelevant a year or two from now like Blade did since both depend on tag. Just a speculation

Doesn’t matter, even if they stop coming out with metal champions, which is impossible. Magneto will still be good for at least 50 matchups. Magneto is definitely at or even better than colossus level. He’s basically human torch except with metals
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    But i wanted what ccp showed mommy *stomps right foot*
  • Options
    Summoner006Summoner006 Posts: 28
    I am hyped for this buff, cause if you look at two pain points in Act 6, 6.3.4, and 6.3.5, the bosses are both #Metal champions. I'm looking at that IMIW and hoping that my Magneto will be able to wipe out that last 15% in 1 sp3. And that Mysterio should be a cake walk with such massive damage, and the stacking bleeds. I'm hoping that my Magneto will serve me well in the continuation of my Act 6 journey, and despite the massive nerf to the armour break, well done to Kabam, for making one of the least desired champs, one of the best and most useful in the game.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,729 ★★★★
    Imran said:

Little bit disappointed. He will be not as good as omega red, colossus. But against metal champ he will be monster I think. Still below omega red colossus, because we can use omega red against almost every champ of the game except some robots. But with magneto, only metal champ. That's a great limitation I think for mag to become beyond god tier champ like quake, corvus, doom etc. Where omega red, colossus not even omega level mutant character. Still I have some hope, waiting to see how he will be now after this tuning.

Not sure why you're disappointed?

Kabam never said you can use him against every champ nor did they said he will be the best mutant?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Imran said:

Lormif said:

He lost like 1/7th damage on specials to non metal champions, how is that going to drop him so much?

Well, everything we saw in ccp was against mostly metal. I don't think this nerf will affect metal champions. We also saw some gameplay against hero champ. That was also look great. But the nerf hurt there mostly. U can't say that nerf will not hurt him. Wait and see. When his gameplay available. I did some math, that's why I'm telling he will have lots of limitation outside of metal fight..
    I mean those 30k bleeds on CM were ok right?
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    He is still a above average and usable but if the ccp beta version came it would be broken
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    He is not just above average, he will be a broken god tier champ vs Metal champs. and god tier vs non-metal champs.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

He is not just above average, he will be a broken god tier champ vs Metal champs. and god tier vs non-metal champs.

Not sure if he'a god tier against non-metals yet. He does only have a max prowess equal to Storm Pyramid X at 6 Prowess, who is not god tier, but does also have crazy bleeds on sp3. I think we'll have to wait and see about non-metals.