**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you think of the new featured 6 star crystal?

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
edited September 2020 in General Discussion
Not toi bad of a crystal. Would any of you go for it or stick to basics?

What do you think of the new featured 6 star crystal? 46 votes

Yes- it's worth 15,000 shards
15%
Jim0172Sw0rdMasterBulmktMaldroit2ArsozTP33Chewie420 7 votes
No- I am sticking to basics
76%
FallencircusSungjJohnyzeroSiddhantKwatraImranGmonkeyBrokenadknight27Manav_preet0808AdvGustavo20RookiieDarth_SaintSbkruebDart1981Deadpool87StevieManWonderEtjamaDeaconErosenseiog 35 votes
Can't say yet
8%
ShadowstrikeCtuchikDnegrin6969Crcrcrc 4 votes

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Basic 6* has a 1/7 chance at a good champion. This featured has a nearly 1/3 chance. I would rather 2 good 6*s than 3 trash ones.

It’s down to personal preference. Some will need Doom/Sufer for prestige, some like me would like just anything good. If we’re looking at raw value though, the featured is better.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Actually love the new featured crystal but 15k that's one crystal and half of another!! My luck I'll still pull Mrs MArvel, Doc Strange or Angela. Heck the way my luck been I'll even pull a Groot from that crystal! Still just to iffy for me, kind of like the incursion crystal yoohoo joe fix-it !!
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Im still gonna be going for them just because ive gotten way too many bad champs from basics, im taking the risk
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    No- I am sticking to basics
    TP33 said:

Basic 6* has a 1/7 chance at a good champion. This featured has a nearly 1/3 chance. I would rather 2 good 6*s than 3 trash ones.

It’s down to personal preference. Some will need Doom/Sufer for prestige, some like me would like just anything good. If we’re looking at raw value though, the featured is better.

Yea...but the most likely outcome is 2/2 bad champs with featured crystals compared to 3/3 bad champs with standard crystals. 100% rate either way for multiple bad champions, but with the standard crystals you get one more chance to at least dupe that bad champ to make him a little more useful or add a new bad champ for arena points.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    @Deadpool87 its Pascal’s wager my friend. There’s a 1/3 chance to getting a good chance so using the laws of averages it takes 3 crystals to get a good champion. The basic takes 7.

Featured takes 15k x 3 which is 45k

Basic takes 10k x 7 which is 70k

Of course in the worst and best case scenarios you’re better off taking the basic. But talking mathematics and averages the featured is better value. Of course if you’re hunting a champ only in basics you’d go for a basic and vice versa. However talking pure statistics and assuming perfect average RNG (which, contrary to popular belief it mostly is) the featured is nearly 2X better value for money.

Edit: this is the investigation I made into the 6* basic which is where I’m getting these numbers from. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/199634/the-6-basic-crystal-problem-in-numbers/p1
  • No- I am sticking to basics
    For supposedly buffing the features they have fallen short this time IMO. The 5* featured is awesome, this one not so much.

Outside of the featured champs themselves there’s very few I’d pay 15k for - AA and Magneto, both of whom I already have at R5. There’s a lot of misses in there and if I’m getting a miss I’d rather pay 10k. There’s not enough spice to make me risk a 15k dud