Options

Cav difficultly should not be nerfed. Change my mind.

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,515 ★★★★★
    Increase the difficulty. Buff the rewards. This game has become so repetitive between monthly EQ, AQ and AW, I want something I have to work for every month.
  • Options
    Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    difficulty is fine...its cavalier difficulty for god's sake...rewards are where it gets frustrating....no completion rewards are a joke...mid tier average players who would only do a completion run are completely shafted...the completion rewards vs the effort and time for completion run are completely out of sync....
  • Options
    People are asking for the difficulty to be nerfed? Honestly, I keep seeing threads asking for it to not be nerfed, but almost none that are actually asking for it to be nerfed in the first place.

My *first* run through Cavalier was with a 4* team to get the challenge objective. Wasn't easy for me, but doable. I'm not the typical player. I have a strong roster and above average skills. I'm also not the best player in the world. But if I can do my first completion run with 4* champs, the difficulty is not too high.

As to the rewards. The rewards got shuffled around in part to respond to players who argued that having no substantive rewards between first completion and full exploration created a problem in that players who progressed past being able to do the easy path but were not strong enough to do a full completion run basically were stuck: they couldn't increase their rewards from the content until they got all the way to exploration. So some of the rewards from completion and exploration were shifted to path rewards on the map so there was a more graceful increase in rewards as the players got stronger. This was in fact a response to player feedback, not something Kabam just made up randomly.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

People are asking for the difficulty to be nerfed? Honestly, I keep seeing threads asking for it to not be nerfed, but almost none that are actually asking for it to be nerfed in the first place.

My *first* run through Cavalier was with a 4* team to get the challenge objective. Wasn't easy for me, but doable. I'm not the typical player. I have a strong roster and above average skills. I'm also not the best player in the world. But if I can do my first completion run with 4* champs, the difficulty is not too high.

As to the rewards. The rewards got shuffled around in part to respond to players who argued that having no substantive rewards between first completion and full exploration created a problem in that players who progressed past being able to do the easy path but were not strong enough to do a full completion run basically were stuck: they couldn't increase their rewards from the content until they got all the way to exploration. So some of the rewards from completion and exploration were shifted to path rewards on the map so there was a more graceful increase in rewards as the players got stronger. This was in fact a response to player feedback, not something Kabam just made up randomly.

Well that is the dumbest feedback that anyone could've given Kabam and I was commenting all the time during the last "boycott" and didn't see people initial saying completion rewards was a problem Kabam needed to fix. That isn't pro player so I need to see that thread to take your word for that one.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Kabams really dug themselves into a hole with the rewards. They boost the rewards too much and the gap between players increases which isn’t in itself even a real problem worth addressing anymore, but the real problem then is how do you design content for players that want and benefit from said increased rewards.

How are they suppose to design content for r3 6* plus when they had to nerf act 6 to begin with. I’ll admit I’m not as far into the end game where I’m jonesing for that next r3 6* so I don’t understand it. I just want more resources and sig stones for more quirky r5 rank ups, but then again the prestige race doesn’t mean much to me anymore. I can see them flooding the rewards with more 5/6* crystals and r5/r2 rank up resources, but I still don’t think that will be enough for the top end gamers unfortunately, I’m just glad it’s not my job lol.
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Boost the rewards a little bit and put the completion rewards and units back in. I'll be happy, initial clear wasn't that difficult. I only used revives on the Medusa boss because I played like a scrub and the Magik boss
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Well that is the dumbest feedback that anyone could've given Kabam and I was commenting all the time during the last "boycott" and didn't see people initial saying completion rewards was a problem Kabam needed to fix. That isn't pro player so I need to see that thread to take your word for that one.
    No one said "take rewards away from completion." But asking for rewards in between completion and exploration can have that side effect, because the reward budget for the content is more or less fixed: adding rewards anywhere generally removes them from somewhere else, unless Kabam decides to globally boost rewards across the board which is not the norm.

Also, part of the reason why I recall this feedback is that I was one of the idiots making this suggestion, although I was not alone. I can't point to a thread, because I've made this suggestion in multiple threads. Most recently in the original book 2 beta, but those threads appear to have been wiped when they reset for the second beta.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    In all fairness I haven't seen anyone ask for it to be nerfed.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,865 ★★★★★
    Its not just difficulty that should reflect rewards, the effort and length should also play a role. With how large the healthpools were it felt like exploring a chapter in act 6, and as such the rewards should be increased to reflect this
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Event quest not hard just too long? Lol. It's a dump excuse because if it's easy for you you won't find it long. I did it in two days, full time job, no boost, for god sake.

It doesn't have more paths than uncollected. If you are ready, you won't say it is too much because it's really not. Anyone saying it's too long isn't ready yet, and stop complaining for something you suck.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    I think what some are failing to take into account with people calling on it to be nerfed is in regards to what kabam has said regarding the level prior to it coming out....they said anyone that just became cavalier could do completion. That’s not actually the case....with a global node covering every path not all have the champs for diss track yet....now before anyone slams me regarding that. 2nd point on this is in regards to restrictions on act 6 of only 5/6* champs....a lot when that came out stopped ranking 4*s. Then kabam comes out with an objective for rank materials for 6*s with using 4s. It’s more about keeping kabam to their word then the difficulty in the level...if we as a player base don’t keep kabam to word on issues we be back to where we was before the road map
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

I think what some are failing to take into account with people calling on it to be nerfed is in regards to what kabam has said regarding the level prior to it coming out....they said anyone that just became cavalier could do completion. That’s not actually the case....with a global node covering every path not all have the champs for diss track yet....now before anyone slams me regarding that. 2nd point on this is in regards to restrictions on act 6 of only 5/6* champs....a lot when that came out stopped ranking 4*s. Then kabam comes out with an objective for rank materials for 6*s with using 4s. It’s more about keeping kabam to their word then the difficulty in the level...if we as a player base don’t keep kabam to word on issues we be back to where we was before the road map

The road map aims to nerf everything is the most bs Kabam has ever done in their history and they were forced to do it.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

No one said "take rewards away from completion." But asking for rewards in between completion and exploration can have that side effect, because the reward budget for the content is more or less fixed: adding rewards anywhere generally removes them from somewhere else, unless Kabam decides to globally boost rewards across the board which is not the norm.

Also, part of the reason why I recall this feedback is that I was one of the idiots making this suggestion, although I was not alone. I can't point to a thread, because I've made this suggestion in multiple threads. Most recently in the original book 2 beta, but those threads appear to have been wiped when they reset for the second beta.
    I apologize because I didn't know you personally suggested it. I heard you on the podcast and you're quite intelligent. I will try to be more careful in the future with my words on the forums.

I think my issue with this is Kabam's execution of your feedback, you probably we're thinking that we get completion type rewards per chapter. Instead it was interpreted as holding back rewards until the very end which I don't get and hurts progress for those who first become Cavalier and can't steamroll the content.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

Event quest not hard just too long? Lol. It's a dump excuse because if it's easy for you you won't find it long. I did it in two days, full time job, no boost, for god sake.

It doesn't have more paths than uncollected. If you are ready, you won't say it is too much because it's really not. Anyone saying it's too long isn't ready yet, and stop complaining for something you suck.

Not everyone has the same time as you. There's nothing wrong with wanting less paths, I was saying previously that the health pools should be shorter but I retract that. The amount of time for a monthly event doesn't fit or the rewards should be buffed to make it worth our time. Simple and plain.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Uncollected has champs that are below 7000pi to start. You’re in the fourth quest before you see act 5-level champs. Cavalier should’ve had champs with PI around 5.4, 6.1 and 6.2. Kabam should’ve made a more robust system of challenges/rewards for players who completed Abyss and/or 6.4. Distribute exploration rewards into the map, and make a few paths that are 4-star only with gates and t5cc on the map, maybe.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I apologize because I didn't know you personally suggested it. I heard you on the podcast and you're quite intelligent. I will try to be more careful in the future with my words on the forums.

I think my issue with this is Kabam's execution of your feedback, you probably we're thinking that we get completion type rewards per chapter. Instead it was interpreted as holding back rewards until the very end which I don't get and hurts progress for those who first become Cavalier and can't steamroll the content.
    I was actually thinking that first completion rewards would stay roughly the same, and they'd steal from full exploration and put them either in part completion or on the paths of the map. But I recognize that would dilute the exploration rewards and make them less of a goal to shoot for. Its a tricky balance, making the rewards concentrated makes them look big, but it also forces players into more of an all or nothing situation. But spreading them out rewards the player for incremental effort but makes the rewards look weak and less interesting of a goal to shoot for.

Actually, that begs another question, which I'm going to try to analyze more carefully.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

I was actually thinking that first completion rewards would stay roughly the same, and they'd steal from full exploration and put them either in part completion or on the paths of the map. But I recognize that would dilute the exploration rewards and make them less of a goal to shoot for. Its a tricky balance, making the rewards concentrated makes them look big, but it also forces players into more of an all or nothing situation. But spreading them out rewards the player for incremental effort but makes the rewards look weak and less interesting of a goal to shoot for.

Actually, that begs another question, which I'm going to try to analyze more carefully.
    I look forward to hearing your results. Personally I think completion and exploration is fine as is. Now if you want to spread sig stones throughout the chapter or t1 alphas I think that's fine. But the big rewards give a certain feeling of accomplishment that we shouldn't ignore which is why I think people had such an issue with the change.
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 757 ★★★
    I think its perfect for Cav Diff. Its fun and hard enough that you cant just breeze through it. I'm sure some will get a little tougher in the future on its own that we don't need to go out of our way to tell them to buff it so that other players get screwed out of rewards. That's what it's all about.