**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My Thoughts on 6.2 (Not Including The Champion)

Comments

• Options
    Nah01Nah01 Posts: 243 ★★
    War_Bird said:

Whaaaat said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Overall, 6.2.6 is terrible. The quest and link node layout is well thought out. Too bad the lanes are some of the worst in game. If I'm being 100% honest, Do You Bleed? Rogue sounds like a legitimate joke. It really does. So does Do You Bleed? Emma. Yet somehow both of these fights made it past who knows how many people and was released! And are still In Game! The final quest of 6.2 is a massive let down. The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.

Corvus and Aegon can solo the 'Do you bleed path'

And 'The Champion' fight is one of the best fights in the entire game
    Because you aren't good enough to solo it, doesn't mean that the design is bad
    Just curious, how does Corvus solo Do You Bleed? I think I’m missing something...
    Check lagacy video he only hit onto block.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

@Etjama
    2. He said: 'The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.'
    What do you understand from this?

3.You can take 2-3 charges with Corvus in this path
    And then you just attack when they hold block. The same thing with Aegon
    Is pretty easy

Well thanks, I didn't know that. But just because Corvus and Ægon can counter it doesn't mean it's not a BS path. Emma with armor break immunity, KM with fearless and Rogue with limber would be fine until you combine it with Do You Bleed. Then it's just stupid. And I definitely wouldn't call it easy using Ægon and Corvus.
    It's quite easy actually
    It took me about 20-25 4 hit combo into their blocks for each one of them
    Killmonger is a little annoying with his reverberation, but if you play carefully enough you can solo this fight as well

Every champ that inflicts critical hits through block, is the way to go for this path
    I don't think that Kabam expected you to bring bleed champs for this path
    Kabam expects us to bring champs that can crit through block to a "Do You Bleed?" path? That doesn't make sense. And if that's the case, then you're screwed if you don't have Ægon or Corvus. That sounds like a BS path to me.
    I don't have corvus or aegon.

Really?
    Your total hero rating is 550K
    You have a loooooot of content to cover first
    In order to 100% 6.2 you must have a deep roster. This isn't the case for you
    Lol, I'm not exploring 6.2 anytime soon.
    Also, I don't have as much content left as you might think, just some variants and act 6.
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Very insightful @Ya_Boi_28 , you make some really great points. I especially agree with your points on 6.2.2 and 6.2.5. I think these 2 quests/bosses are the worst in the entire game.
  • Options
    WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

Etjama said:

Whaaaat said:

@Etjama
    2. He said: 'The Champion is terrible as well. Glad No Retreat was removed because that was downright sadistic.'
    What do you understand from this?

3.You can take 2-3 charges with Corvus in this path
    And then you just attack when they hold block. The same thing with Aegon
    Is pretty easy

Well thanks, I didn't know that. But just because Corvus and Ægon can counter it doesn't mean it's not a BS path. Emma with armor break immunity, KM with fearless and Rogue with limber would be fine until you combine it with Do You Bleed. Then it's just stupid. And I definitely wouldn't call it easy using Ægon and Corvus.
    It's quite easy actually
    It took me about 20-25 4 hit combo into their blocks for each one of them
    Killmonger is a little annoying with his reverberation, but if you play carefully enough you can solo this fight as well

Every champ that inflicts critical hits through block, is the way to go for this path
    I don't think that Kabam expected you to bring bleed champs for this path
    Kabam expects us to bring champs that can crit through block to a "Do You Bleed?" path? That doesn't make sense. And if that's the case, then you're screwed if you don't have Ægon or Corvus. That sounds like a BS path to me.
    I don't have corvus or aegon.

Really?
    Your total hero rating is 550K
    You have a loooooot of content to cover first
    In order to 100% 6.2 you must have a deep roster. This isn't the case for you
    Needing 2 champs out of all the champs in the game for one single path means it's a BS path.
    @Etjama

Fury can also do it
    Killmonger (with human torch synergy ideally) can do it
    Yondu can do it
    Gwenpool can do it
    Domino can do it
    Magneto can do it
    Wolverine X-23 can do it
    Warlock can do it
    If you have deep wounds everyone from the above list can complete the path easily

I think you get the point
    The best champs for this path are Corvus and Aegon (both of them have entered the game 2 years ago, and now with the dual crystals it's easier than ever to target them)
    Most of the players that are going to 100% 6.2 have Corvus or/and Aegon
    These players of course will have already 100% explore each variant (except 1, which needs a deep roster)
    If you haven't explored 100% Variants 2-5, then you shouldn't go for 100% 6.2
    You won't be able to do it, cause of the class gates
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    I want to bring one additional note of discussion to this thread. For context i’m a player who already did the first path of abyss, completed act 6, and am working on 6.2 100%, with my last map in 6.2 remaining as 6.2.5. I already did 6.1 and 6.4 100%, and now have 2 R3 6*s on my account.

You did mention the horrendous design of 6.2.5 paths, and especially gated paths. These paths provide so much tension for me because on one hand - if you have the champions for it then it’s great. I loved the mystic and science paths in 6.2.6 because i could bring the strongest of my roster, and be benefitted. For mystic I used claire, GR, Magik, Sym supreme and aegon and had a lovely time (aegon because i wanted to ramp up on the mystic path and use him for the do you bleed BS). For science I had Void, Torch, Cap IW, and quake. It was fun because it played to the strengths of my roster.

Contrast that with my dread for 6.2.5 gates. The tech gate specifically scares me. Tech was my worst 5* roster, and still is to this day. BUT - it’s my strongest class in my 6* roster. Both of my R3 champions are tech. But I can’t use either of them for the tech gate because it’s a 5* Tech gate. So i’m going to be forced to either rank up or use lower level champions in a quest and path that are brutal as it is. In my entire 5* roster, I still have only 1 R5 tech, and 2 R4 tech. This means because of the gate system, I am forced to rank up another champion I don’t want to rank up, or include a R3 5* champion for one of the most annoying paths in the game.

It bothers me that in a game mode focused on progressing your roster to be incredibly wide reaching, and progressing towards 6*s, that I can’t come back to older content because my roster has grown too far with 6*s (the future of the game) and not enough with 5*s.

I think these gates are stupid and at the very least the class gates should allow for any rarity of champion that fits that class to unlock the gate

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk :)

• Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Btw, how many units does everyone think I should save for Champion? Going in with an r4 shulk and an r1 MS

It depends on how confident you are on dexing specials at the end. I’ve seen both sides of the coin - solos that go super smoothly, and Fights that take hundreds of units until the player decides to back out and come back after more practice
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

16wegnerk said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Btw, how many units does everyone think I should save for Champion? Going in with an r4 shulk and an r1 MS

It depends on how confident you are on dexing specials at the end. I’ve seen both sides of the coin - solos that go super smoothly, and Fights that take hundreds of units until the player decides to back out and come back after more practice
    I'm confident on that last 10%. I plan to boost BIG, so Colossus will have a lot of health to work with in case some dexes don't register.
    Yeah in that case you should be fine with like 200 units or so, but i’d recommend doubling it for safety
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Actually you sill can deal with 6.2.2 boss if you have right champ even though still bad fight design, but that 6.2.5 Mordo truely BS from every aspect even if you have right champs
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

Actually you sill can deal with 6.2.2 boss if you have right champ even though still bad fight design, but that 6.2.5 Mordo truely BS from every aspect even if you have right champs

I actually agree Mordo's worse, but Sinister's near unsoloable without Heimdall and Angela/Hela. All the champs that are poison immune and can gain furies will just die from freakin EMP mod. The only champs I can think of that can solo it without Heimdall and Angela/Hela is Ghost with Hood, Warlock with Ultron, and an amazing Quake player. So in order to beat the boss you need at least 2 of the right champs as 5 or 6*s (or be amazing with Quake).
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

slacker said:

I actually agree Mordo's worse, but Sinister's near unsoloable without Heimdall and Angela/Hela. All the champs that are poison immune and can gain furies will just die from freakin EMP mod. The only champs I can think of that can solo it without Heimdall and Angela/Hela is Ghost with Hood, Warlock with Ultron, and an amazing Quake player. So in order to beat the boss you need at least 2 of the right champs as 5 or 6*s (or be amazing with Quake).
    I think I've seen sparkles solo. But I don't this fight was made to be soloable.
    She was the first that came to mind, just forgot to write it down. 😂
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Me last night. So happy it’s finnaly over.

congrats!
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Took me two tries pre nerf with r4 shulk. Practice the dex and stand up intercepts first and you’ll be good. She destroys that fight in the right hands.

Watch MSDs videos if you haven’t already to see what you need to do.

Personally I just took my half ranked 3* into duels vs the 6*, only used intercepts, practiced getting the sp1 dex (verified by the precision buff) and when I was consistently soloing that fight I went in properly. Preparation was the key.

It’ll be easier now so I’m sure you can do it.

Good luck!

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Tbh I did it with a 4/55 Sym Supreme and a 20% boost in 2 revives. She hulk can easily solo it, just practice those dexes for the last 10%. But tbh, now that the block penetration has been reduced and the prowesses changed from 5 to 3, you can block all 3 sp1s, just put on a health boost if you want to be safe. Have like 300 units ready just if you mess up.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Berjibs said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks @KDSuperFlash10

Took me two tries pre nerf with r4 shulk. Practice the dex and stand up intercepts first and you’ll be good. She destroys that fight in the right hands.

Watch MSDs videos if you haven’t already to see what you need to do.

Personally I just took my half ranked 3* into duels vs the 6*, only used intercepts, practiced getting the sp1 dex (verified by the precision buff) and when I was consistently soloing that fight I went in properly. Preparation was the key.

It’ll be easier now so I’m sure you can do it.

Good luck!

Thank you!

No bother.

The other thing to practice is getting the spacing right for punishing his specials with your heavy, sometimes you need to use the first hit to close the gap and connect with the second, which is slightly different timing. I believe some people whiff a light attack first to close the gap but for me I just used the heavy attack itself. Forgot to mention that!

Regarding Morningstar check kt1 videos as with any mystic you can cheese the last 10% with MD and sp3 meaning you only need to get the 3x dex. I believe he says lvl 3 is enough but it’s been a while since I watched it. He did it with Diablo to prove a point I guess.