15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Social Justice implies there is some sort of violation to need it. Not the case. I also don't need a spreadsheet to keep track of Wars. Just a general knowledge of Points and an ability to predict an advantage.

Its not a case for you when you have 1/2 an alliance and you're not competitive.

Again, another argument holding little meaning. We are still talking about the competitive play and massive rosters in the higher tiers
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    I'm not entertaining a conversation about what Tier who is in. The subject is not about that, and it's really not relevant. The fact is, there is strategy involved. It's not always "Set it and forget it!". Placement is somewhat easier because there are less Nodes to consider. That will no doubt be looked at. Diversity and Defender Ratings are easy to consider. Use a variety of Champs with as high as possible PI. The real strategy begins when Attack starts. It's a system of checks and balances. You have to consider what the opponent has placed, how many Points they're accumulating, who to assign to what Paths based on availability, how far the opponent is getting, how much Exploration you need to gain an advantage, etc. Not everyone is able to be present 24/7. People have jobs and lives. Which means if someone is unable to return, you need to organize well enough to get the Exploration you need. Regardless of myself, all it is, is Points. Accumulate enough Points to win. Whether those Points come from Defender Kills or not really doesn't matter, as long as they come from somewhere else. What matters is the effect they have on the game experience. Anything can happen after Attack Phase starts, and when you have to keep track of Points, there is strategy involved. Not sure why people find that humorous.

I know I want to leave this thread but you make it so hard sometimes.
    War should have nothing thats easy. You should have to consider nodes for smart placement based on the champs brought in.
    There is no strategy in the attack phase, its easy and you can see your opponents. Pick any path and you should clear it. Simple as that, no need to "consider what your opponent has placed"
    As far as setting paths, you set paths once and they stay that way for every war. Typically deciding who's on what path by what paths hardest and who your most skilled players are.
    How much exploration you need? Have you read the comments? You go for 100% like everyone else is.
    Your concern about people lives interfering is a little matter in competitive active alliances. Your argument stands only in the type of alliance you are in, not the rest of us debating this new system.

There is a difference between personal experience and the system as a whole. When discussing the system as a whole, I'm fully capable of seeing as whole a picture as possible. When talking about my last War, I'm talking about my last War. This is not the first time you've implied my focus is on my situation alone. It is still incorrect.
    Who takes what Path can change based on who brought what. Assigning Paths may be how you play, and I respect that. That doesn't mean everyone plays the same. Isn't that what you accused me of?
  • FabiFabi Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2017
    Who cares harder nodes? Enemy champs have most of the time Beastmode and kill himself
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If Kabam wants to tune war to,meet the needs of single bg low tier alliances like yours, fine. I'd like to see how that goes really. I'm getting my popcorn ready.
  • R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I'm not entertaining a conversation about what Tier who is in. The subject is not about that, and it's really not relevant. The fact is, there is strategy involved. It's not always "Set it and forget it!". Placement is somewhat easier because there are less Nodes to consider. That will no doubt be looked at. Diversity and Defender Ratings are easy to consider. Use a variety of Champs with as high as possible PI. The real strategy begins when Attack starts. It's a system of checks and balances. You have to consider what the opponent has placed, how many Points they're accumulating, who to assign to what Paths based on availability, how far the opponent is getting, how much Exploration you need to gain an advantage, etc. Not everyone is able to be present 24/7. People have jobs and lives. Which means if someone is unable to return, you need to organize well enough to get the Exploration you need. Regardless of myself, all it is, is Points. Accumulate enough Points to win. Whether those Points come from Defender Kills or not really doesn't matter, as long as they come from somewhere else. What matters is the effect they have on the game experience. Anything can happen after Attack Phase starts, and when you have to keep track of Points, there is strategy involved. Not sure why people find that humorous.

War should have nothing thats easy. You should have to consider nodes for smart placement based on the champs brought in.
    There is no strategy in the attack phase, its easy and you can see your opponents. Pick any path and you should clear it. Simple as that, no need to "consider what your opponent has placed"
    As far as setting paths, you set paths once and they stay that way for every war. Typically deciding who's on what path by what paths hardest and who your most skilled players are.
    How much exploration you need? Have you read the comments? You go for 100% like everyone else is.
    Your concern about people lives interfering is a little matter in competitive active alliances. Your argument stands only in the type of alliance you are in, not the rest of us debating this new system.

There is a difference between personal experience and the system as a whole. When discussing the system as a whole, I'm fully capable of seeing as whole a picture as possible. When talking about my last War, I'm talking about my last War. This is not the first time you've implied my focus is on my situation alone. It is still incorrect.
    Who takes what Path can change based on who brought what. Assigning Paths may be how you play, and I respect that. That doesn't mean everyone plays the same. Isn't that what you accused me of?

If you're gonna quote be, try to refute it.
    I've been clear to point out the your way vs the other sides. I didn't list every way, just the most popular.
    How you do things is much different, we are ALL clear in that.

I've been clear to point out the your way vs the other sides. I didn't list every way, just the most popular.

When you're talking about all Players, it's not govered by the top or the most popular. The point is to be as encompassing as possible. What you're getting at indirectly, is that my points aren't valid because of where I am. This is where I will end the conversation because this is becoming more personal than debate.
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Your points are not valid, honestly. They are skewed towards a vocal minority, namely you, and no one else.

The money doesn't come from you and this is not going to last. Enjoy it while you can, I'll take that flag too, I give zero fudge.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Member Posts: 307 ★★
    th12qwdjcjar80.png
    this is what happens when maintenance is too long. thanks kabam i literally finished the last duel that would of pushed me over with 2 hours to spare but instead i get screwed by kabam maintenance. you guys need to pause event timers for maintenance since we cant log on during that time
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Member Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Small changes don't help, they need to find some kind of balance between the two wars i enjoyed the old wars and only had to check in a few times as opposed to this new one depending on the path you take and the team work of your allaince.

The changes to the war didn't need to be so extreme, they just needed to make some changes to the war and the nodes and change a few things instead of making sweeping changes that no one wanted which were obviously untested considering how many issues the launch created and the fact that it still doesn't work as you intended it to and are still making changes to. If you weren't ready then you shouldn't have pushed it out, it kinda seems like you're just making it up as you go a long and that this is just a beta test.

The point system now is incredibly flawed and forcing diversity on you, and they are still emphasizing it to much. There's still no penalty to stop people from chucking tons of items at the opposition regardless or whether or not you buy the items or already had them people are still using them which is why some alliances have a hundreds more deeaths then the other one which we've see numerous times on these forums.

By removing defender kills kabam basically said here you go this is your opponent and your have free reign to use or buy all the items you to beat the other alliance without a penalty for playing poorly, without a penalty for being unskilled, without a penalty for dieing hundreds of times which is just stupid.

They need to readd defender kills to stop this and make further changes to said point system because as it is now it's incredibly flawed and needs major revision as does the layout of the map and the cost of portals and make even more changes to the war and nodes.

The war is still kinda of easy and alliance's are clearing 85-100% of the map and I doubt that your current changes are going to curb this at all.

Some alliances still don't actually care about diversity at all, I've seen and asked around some of my friends alliances and there opposition who are getting 38 diversity or lower in 3 battle groups.

They're still putting in tons of Spiderman's, tons, of captains, tons of nightcrawlers, tons of ultrons, tons of Juggernauts, tons of dorms, tons of magik. So those who had an issue with it in the previous version will see the same thing in the lower to mid tiers.

In a lot of ones the opposition is barely trying, some aren't even bothering to put an effort in some are just chucking 2* and 3* in wars and are barely putting in a defense. And barely even putting an effort in the attack because they gave up hope or just don't want to even bother with this war.

I don't control who they place but in both versions I do decide how to set up the groups, there's not as much stragey in placing anymore as opposed to the previous version because the nodes are terrible and fights are to easy.

Also In some tiers your whole defense is exposed which gives your opposition your whole defense stragey and allows them to adjust their attack teams to deal with your alliances defense which is something I don't really understand mainly because it further takes away the stragey that goes into placing.

There are still some terrible match ups, having a higher rating doesn't necessarily mean you're going to win the war, it just means you have a better chance to do so in some tiers.

A friend of mine alliance whose around 2mill with a terrible average rating took down a 6+ mill one because they paid to win, while the 6 mill one was full of unskilled people who put terrible defense and attackers in and they lost to an alliance that they should've crushed because there was no penalty, and purely because this iteration is just easier than the previous one.

It could also have the oppiste affect, in my most recent war we got matched up against a much smaller rated alliance whose average rating was much much smaller than ours and they had no chance of winning so that issue is still there as well.

There's still a lot of shell alliances, there's still a lot of hacking, there's still a lot of allaince jumpers, there's people leaving the game left and right or flat out refusing to play this version of war amoung numerous other issues.

If they want this whole thing to succeed then they need to redo the whole map again and shrink it, readd defender kills, readdjust the point system, cut the cost of portals or do away with them entirely, lower diversity even more or do away with it entirely, readd hidden information to the tiers that they changed, etc.

We've given you a lot of feedback on this, so I hope you listen to us and bring back the fun and challenge to alliance war because it's really not about skill anymore it's about bringing different defenders in, it's about throwing yourself at the opposition without a care in the world because there's nothing to prevent them from doing so, it's about who has the most items or the deepest pockets, it's about who has the bigger and deeper alliance, etc.

• Beholder_VBeholder_V Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2017
    @Run477 absolutely not. The point of war defenders is to prevent the enemy from clearing your map and defeating your boss. That’s not an arguable point. The fact that diversity has replaced that ability is not even really the point. I don’t want diversity gone. What I want is defender kills back. When you go through the trouble of ranking up defenders and testing and testing and testing to find what nodes work best for them, and then suddenly it doesn’t matter because you’re better off putting a Howard the Duck because even if the enemy dies, they can revive their way through with no penalty. They’ve replaced skill with willingness to spend and throw terrible (and no, that’s not subjective) defenders on the map.

We didn’t lose that war because we didn’t diversify, we lost it because there’s no penalty for being awful fighters so long as you pony up to big daddy Kabam with pockets full of cash. Diversity was intended to be the tie breaker when all else is equal, but that was nowhere near equal. Where is the reward for being the higher skilled fighters? It’s gone, along with a lot of people’s will to keep playing this game. I thought I was playing a game to test my fighting skill against my opponent’s, not my secretarial skills. Friggin spreadsheet wars.

When you're talking about all Players, it's not govered by the top or the most popular. The point is to be as encompassing as possible. What you're getting at indirectly, is that my points aren't valid because of where I am. This is where I will end the conversation because this is becoming more personal than debate.

You always make that comment "its getting personal." Its never getting personal. If you're gonna make something about you than we are gonna be sure to make it about you.
    This whole "personal attack" garbage is nonsense. You do that every time someone goes against you.
    When I point out where you are at in the game vs some of us its not a personal attack. It shed light on the topic that our views will be different based on that alone. Anything else is based on comments you make. Please stop playing the victim when you choose to debate against multiple people.

It is personal. You went out of your way to laugh about my last War experience. You then went on to imply that my only focus is for my own situation, and that I really have no say in the conversation based on where you think I am. It's not the first time you've made those points, and the more the conversation progresses, the more personal it becomes. However you choose to word it, it is shaming someone in the conversation based on their experience in the game. I offered my last War experience. Shaming someone out of the conversation because of what Tier they're in is not a constructive way to have a debate. Especially when I never mentioned what Tier I'm in. That means you're on the offensive. I am not playing a victim. It's getting personal. So we will end it here.
  • fortomjkfortomjk Member Posts: 2
    Stop trying to make players just donate for this game and do nothing else. If you’ll do AW,that will show someone’s skill but not there pockets game will be much more better,then this Tetris for unskilled pieces of sh*t. Give us points back for death,mercantile monkeys!
  • FabiFabi Member Posts: 64
    Which Alli will win? The Alli that have the most unlocked Beastmode Mastery....stupid AW changes
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Member Posts: 348
    We will have to see if these new changes make AW actually worth playing but with all due respect until defender kills are brought back AW will never be fair to players IMHO.

• VorvancosVorvancos Member Posts: 22
    It does not matter at all, and that's the main mistake. Try to prioritize the game and the player before earning dollars
  • The_JerichoThe_Jericho Member Posts: 28
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    So glad i spent hours going through my battlegroups rosters and creating defender lists for diversity for it to now be negligible.

My stupidity i suppose.

Done exactly the same thing over the weekend... Ain't getting that time back!
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Twunt wrote: »
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.

The point of the map changes is that we want you guys to emphasize your Defenders again. Prevent the other team from getting 100% exploration.

Miike the thing you guys are missing is that you have taken all the fun out war, 99% of the players absolutely hate it. Shouldn't the main point of playing a game or game mode is to have fun an enjoy yourselves ?.

All you guys had to do was a couple of things in the previous AW 1.0 to make a huge difference an would of kept most people happy, that would of been to make Dexterity a passive effect, this would of made all those magiks an dorms more manageable for a lot of people. You guys created all these problems with the incessant need to have champs that cause unavoidable damage.
  • KeonexKeonex Member Posts: 323 ★★★
    No one can STOP an ALLIANCE from 100 percent.

The WINNER WILL STILL COME DOWN TO D RATI NG AND DIVERSITY.

If both alliances are willing to spend 100 percent will still be common especially tier 1 and tier 2 AW
  • LegionDestroierLegionDestroier Member Posts: 101
    Man it's just so hard to comprehend. Such a simple fix but such ignorance regarding the issue.

Yesterday my alliance faced off in a tier 2, 2 BG AW against an alliance rated a couple of million less than us. Our defence rating was 60k more. We both 100% explored. We had 67 defender kills, they had 37. My bg had an R4 5* magik boss to take down. The 10 of us cleared our bg using no potions. We had a diversity of 96, they had 100. Who would you think should win? Personally I would say us, but no, they won, because they placed 4 more diverse champs than we did. Infact, if they placed only 1 more they would of won.
    The best team at war did not win (getting 100% with the most skill), the team with the most diverse defence won. Yes if the defence was more difficult they may not have cleared but looking at the node upgrades I doubt that will change much for the spenders.

And say if you had 2 equally as good teams? Both 100% diversity and exploration, what's the tie breaker? The defender rating. What a joke!! There has to be someway to determine the winner reflecting the skill of the alliance rather than who's got the highest rated squad. Hmm what could that be? Gee I don't know? Gosh I wish I knew, @Kabam Miike maybe you could help me?????
  • nuggznuggz Member Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike
    This is insane, pure madness....
    In expert bracket There is no difficulty in AW, that will prevent a battle group from exploring 100% with boss kill and max diveristy.
    The 15/15 allocated item usage in aw will not be used up in a manor where it prevents a bg from clearing the map, with this so called difficultly increase.

IT WILL STILL BE DETERMINED BY DEFENDER RATING....

UNDERSTAND THIS. WITH EVERYTHING DONE EQUALLY ON BOTH SIDES, THE ONLY DECIDING FACTOR OF WHO WINS IS DEFENDER RATING.

you Tell me how that's fair........

• Quick_Silver1Quick_Silver1 Member Posts: 15
    So the changes will be here today. Seems like the old nodes are on steroids now. Looking forward to the challenge. Now, @Kabam Miike what about the rewards? There has been no word on if the rewards will be increasing to match the level of difficulty. Or just increase cause it's long over due. Can you comment?
  • Doctor_WootDoctor_Woot Member Posts: 37
    FEYi wrote: »
    The chart posted doesn't match with the actual nodes in the map.

For example, the node 2 of expert map doesn' have

1. +125% Attack & Health
    2. +75% Health
    3. +50% Recovery
    4. Adaptive

Agreed. Looks to me like they got nodes 2 and 5 the wrong way around. I can't be bothered to look for more mistakes but I bet there are....
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    So the changes will be here today. Seems like the old nodes are on steroids now. Looking forward to the challenge. Now, @Kabam Miike what about the rewards? There has been no word on if the rewards will be increasing to match the level of difficulty. Or just increase cause it's long over due. Can you comment?

sorry, old nodes are not "on steroids now" - they're still far far easier than AW 1.0 // still will be an easy 100% clear
  • nuggznuggz Member Posts: 124
    Again this is a WAR!!!!
    In a war u come out on top from battling not from diversity and rating
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Verzz wrote: »
    0wghmhc7fmrb.jpeg
    Just going to leave this here - close war where we actually had the diversity edge by 1 but lost the war because our opponents were about 70k stronger in defence than us. We even had 5 more kills than them but it doesn't matter. I can't complain because we have won by doing the same thing also a few times but those wins seem so hollow. There is no satisfaction anymore for me even while winning.

Has anyone been trying to exchange information on line or something for defender rating and diversity? I feel like this would benefit both sides as one side would know they have the win guaranteed if they 100% the map and the other alliance would know they can stop at 85% and still get the same rewards.

since Defender Rating is the only score different in top tier wars, yes, I am aware of alliances touching base at start of attack to compare defender rating so they know from the outset which alliance will win, no matter how hard both alliances fight and clear all maps 100%.

such awful game design

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints
This discussion has been closed.