**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Can we please get a comment on what, if anything is being done about the Detect and Scout masteries?

If it is nothing that is ok, but the issue has been ignored since the @Kabam Miike saying he was bringing it the game team.
  • Without defender kills, defender rating is still going to be the deciding factor.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Twunt wrote: »
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.

The point of the map changes is that we want you guys to emphasize your Defenders again. Prevent the other team from getting 100% exploration.

...and those upgraded nodes do not do that. We'll still easily 100% the map.

Removing Defender Kill Points has removed skill from Alliance War. Resulting in a boring, uncompetitive alliance quest 2.0.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.

The point of the map changes is that we want you guys to emphasize your Defenders again. Prevent the other team from getting 100% exploration.

why not leave diversity points as is but bring back defender kills worth a reasonable point value? have wars be decided by defender kills not by a coin flip that can be figured out at the start of the map.

also do yourself a favor and make a sticky announcement saying no RDTs will be handed out because there will be at least another 28 more threads about RDTs before the week is out.
  • Voluntaris wrote: »

Removing Defender Kill Points has removed skill from Alliance War. Resulting in a boring, uncompetitive alliance quest 2.0.

I can see where you're coming from.

If the idea is that you think you'll still be able to 100% clear this map as it is now, how would defender kills have made a difference?

I can take that information to the team and see what they think.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    You need to relay the message to the people who make the decisions but clearly don't play, we'll still 100% the maps.

This makes it worse. Bring back defender kills.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    dpw78c0snbwi.jpeg
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★

Trying to prevent other teams from getting 100%? Really? Do you know how good everyone is? Even with old system getting 100% happened quite often. Looking at these node changes it doesn't look like that is going to stop us from getting 100%. Defender kills took care of that. Let's have attacker diversity while we're at it too. Seeing how 90% of the champs in the game are useless as attackers for any part of this game.

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Voluntaris wrote: »

If the idea is that you think you'll still be able to 100% clear this map as it is now, how would defender kills have made a difference?

When both alliances 100% the map (which we've been doing since the new AW 2.0 has been instituted), the only tie breaker is diversity (which both alliances have fully diversified) and the defender rating.

Currently if we as a 13 mil alliance go against a 15 mil alliance, which will clearly have higher defender rating ... BUT ... let's say we do better/more strategic placement and manage to get far more defender kills, while our alliance uses their SKILL to not die as much, then the points reflecting our skill and superior defenders/defender placement can push us over the disadvantage we have against our opponents defender rating, resulting in a well fought WIN (exciting/exhilarating/FUN).

Having defender kill points opens up Alliance War to be much more strategic, exciting, and fun. It's what made Alliance War the best mode of MCoC in mine (and all of my alliance's) opinion.

I'm sure others here could explain this better (thinking of @JJW and @DNA3000 ).
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike

Still doesn't solve the problem of all of us ranking our spidys, nc, juggs, mordos, hyperions, magiks, dormammus, etc...

Any one of us that has those champs ranked them up without question.

• Voluntaris wrote: »

How about the team works all this out in some rigorous testing that doesn't effect the player base? Most of us aren't here for extended beta testing. We want a good, fun, solid game that isn't going to change incrementally every week. And since we chose a fighting game with contest in the name, we most likely want real competition. Subjecting us to repeated trial and error is a bit overboard. AW 1.0 was fine and dandy compared to this.
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    @Kabam Miike
    This will not prevent expert tier allainces from doing anything. The deciding factor will still be defender rating.

With everything tied up
    Boss kills
    Explore
    Diversity. ...

All that leaves is rating to decide the winner.
    That still doesn't show who the more skilled allaince was. Which in a war that is what we are fighting for with our rewards. Who is the better allaince. Who beat the other team the most effectively!!!!!

COME ON!!!!
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    edited September 2017
    Kabam is clueless. Alliances will still 100% a map. Why is that hard to get?

You know what wins a war? Suicides and boosting. All teams have 150 diversity rating now.

Your logic is completely and utterly flawed. Making the map harder DOES NOTHING except make alliances spend more, but of course you know that. So please cut out the rhetoric and just say it like it is.

Now some other issues you need to address - the energy required to get through AW is utterly ridiculous. Drop the timer more and remove the energy being used when taking a portal. A war shouldn’t take so long to complete, this isn’t aq and the crappy rewards reflect that.
  • [/quote]

[/quote]

Defender kills would at least gauge how hard the opponent had to work to clear our defense. So even if they 100% we have some measure of how well the opponent did a.k.a. The skill measure people keep referring to.

Personally I don't care how you do it. Whether it's defender kills or some other way, but we should be rewarded for having a strong defense.

Defender rating is arbitrary at best and diversity is completely meaningless when it comes to measuring skill or the strength of a defense.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike as long as defender kills are not a thing people will still 100% the map unless you make the nodes harder enough. And if the nodes are significantly harder all this will do is encourage alliance jumping for lower AW ratings even more.
  • Congratulation to all higher alliance for wining aw.
    PI wins and you guys have high pi rating.
    forget about doing 100 percent map even if avearge alliance get tie up with higher alliance with 50 percent then also they win because of high pi.
    this changes gives Big disadvantage to average alliance.
    Thank for the awfull changes....
    With this change average alliance member gonna lose their interest....
    you guys need to over think the change.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

That isn't a plausible assumption or goal. With no defender kills we will look to 100% every map every time. Again, with no defender kills diversity could be a million per champ and the results would be the same. It's simple math.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Brr762 wrote: »
    Without defender kills, defender rating is still going to be the deciding factor.

Shared this theory in another Thread. Rather than retype it, I'm just going to post a screenshot.lxx4lamnknnc.png
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Without defender kills, defender rating is still going to be the deciding factor.

Shared this theory in another Thread. Rather than retype it, I'm just going to post a screenshot.lxx4lamnknnc.png

So what youre saying is... the strong get stronger and the weaker allis will never have a chance of catching up.

Sounds very fun! Great
    /s
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    NevvB wrote: »

So what youre saying is... the strong get stronger and the weaker allis will never have a chance of catching up.

Sounds very fun! Great
    /s

No. What I'm saying is Defender Rating adds a mechanic that reflects Ranking Champs. The point of the game is to advance our Rosters by Ranking. One of the things it will do is balance the overpowered Matches. The other aspect is people will advance in part by advancing their Accounts, and in turn, Allies.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    I like the updated AW changes! Good job Kabam team!!
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    NevvB wrote: »

Sounds very fun! Great
    /s
    I think what he’s saying is overtime defender ratings will even out match wise... but that still doesn’t eliminate the issue of skill/strategy having 0 effect in war...
This discussion has been closed.