**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you run Guillotine 2099 with Suicides?

Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
There has been done discussions and interest around Guillotine 2099 recently and I'm curious who runs her with suicides and does she need it to be good?

Do you run Guillotine 2099 with Suicides? 18 votes

Yes
77%
Severus35MadooriCbrandinhoxxKyojinxxKill_GreyNo_oneukSeanl85Damian271234MCOCHazzaShenkYeetusTheFoetusWOLF_LINKgroundedmaster20005Maybe455 14 votes
No
22%
UnidentifiedCreatureColonaut123The_Sentry06Hemendra_ 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Option 1: Life steal prefight to offset recoil loss

Option 2: No prefights and so a larger regen from going below a certain health to offset recoil loss

Losing the prefight takes away some of her functionality, but the argument against option 2 is you might not even fall bellow the health the regen kicks in at, in a typical match.

Maybe an experienced player can help determine which is more optimal.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I run mine with it. Haven't run her without, and I've never had a problem sustaining her.

You might be worried about recoil a bit, but it's so easy for her to cover that damage with her lifesteal and self repair. Since she's a robot, she doesn't take damage from the bleed and/or poison, and she doesn't benefit from willpower or salve as well, making her a good option for nodes like Spectre or champs like warlock.
    Besides, you're better off not throwing special 1 or 2 in most scenarios, as that might be too overkill to the opponent, her energy damage comes on all her hits, so you're not losing out on it by doing your basic attacks exclusively.

Overall, I'd rate her as a top 5 champ for running suicides with. With or without suicides, she's an absolute beast, as you might have seen talked about extensively in recent time! Also, her energy damage scales with base attack only, so it's the same with or without suicides. The extra attack from suicides mostly increases the lifesteal and her base damage in general. So, you're not losing out on much damage by not running suicides.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    Yes
    I never take off suicides. Running corvus, omega and ghost, there’s not much incentive to not run them. When I play g2099 for whatever reason, I don’t throw specials aside from sp3, so I don’t take any recoil damage. If I need power control I use the pre fight instead of the sp1, and if I need heal reverse then I’ll use the life steal pre fight to gain a bit of that recoil damage back over time. She’s very good with and without suicides, but since I always run suicides, it’s good that she’s flexible
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yes
    GagoH said:

Option 1: Life steal prefight to offset recoil loss

Option 2: No prefights and so a larger regen from going below a certain health to offset recoil loss

Losing the prefight takes away some of her functionality, but the argument against option 2 is you might not even fall bellow the health the regen kicks in at, in a typical match.

Maybe an experienced player can help determine which is more optimal.

As for this, I feel option 2 is more optimal. The extra Regen from her self repair with 2 prefights active gives her about 40% health (not counting recovery mastery benefits). With her stability function (or any other prefight) alone active, the self repair is about 20% health.

Comparatively, the lifesteal on her mediums is about 0.7% of her health per medium attack (with suicides). To balance the deficit of having the lifesteal halved, you'll need approximately 30 medium attacks or so.

My strategy (which I used a lot in cavalier difficulty): If she gets to about 30% health or below in a fight. In the next one, I wouldn't use any prefight, and I'd take as much block damage to get me to the 15% mark (takes a while because of her high armor rating). With this, I get to about 57% health (max) in a single go.

When her health would be about 20% to enter the fight, I'd use recoil to activate the Regen. In a lot of other scenarios, I'd use the lifesteal prefight, unless I'm fighting someone with high armor rating or physical resistance such as juggernaut, rhino, warlock (also because warlock would degen you for healing, never use stability function against this guy), hulkbuster, etc. In such cases, I'd prefer to have all my armor compared to reduced lifesteal, but I make exceptions in places like labyrinth and realm of legends.