**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do 6 stars lose points in arenas when i have suicide masteries?

So last week i was trying out the suicides to see if i could or even wanted to run them permanently (i ended up deciding not to bc of a lack of suicide friendly champs) but i noticed something when I took them off today, my 6 stars were consistently getting 10k more points in the arena without them than with them, which doesnt make sense since score should be based off pi, can anyone explain

also please dont judge me for losing to km, i know i messed up, but i wanted the images to have the same team but didnt want to spend units to refresh them

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    points, if I am not mistaken, by the difference in power level as well as the star level. If so then with suicides off you have a greater differnce.
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

You were going against r3s without suicides. I think the method of calculating points is kinda weird.

i was against r3 with suicides and r2 without, but gained 10k more points in the fights i won without suicides
  • rivetrivet Posts: 254
    Are you running the same arena? Sunday arena gives less points than 5 star featured, as 5 star featured has additional bonus points.
    rivet said:

Are you running the same arena? Sunday arena gives less points than 5 star featured, as 5 star featured has additional bonus points.

yes they were both 5 star featured, the one with suicides was on friday and without was about 10 mins b4 i made this post
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★

Whaaaat said:

You lost a fight against Killmonger using Omega Red?
    LOOOOOOOL

yea i know im embarrassed, my dumbass didnt dex back when he threw his sp2 and that took me from full to dead real quick
    Dude don’t be! We’ve all had matchups where we have played less than optimal, to say the least. No judgement here. I don’t know the answer to your question though. I run suicides and I’m interested to see what the answer turns out to be!

Whaaaat said:

You lost a fight against Killmonger using Omega Red?
    LOOOOOOOL

yea i know im embarrassed, my dumbass didnt dex back when he threw his sp2 and that took me from full to dead real quick
    Dude don’t be! We’ve all had matchups where we have played less than optimal, to say the least. No judgement here. I don’t know the answer to your question though. I run suicides and I’m interested to see what the answer turns out to be!
    I mean overall for arena grinding id say it they are better, and i hope this is just a one off case cuz i cant seem to wrap my head around it
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Just noting that one is streak 7 and the other is streak 8 too. I don't know how kabam calculates points but there seem to be differences during the streak portion as 8-13 progressively get harder if not fighting thanos team.

Also, could one have been easy and the other medium or hard?

You'll typically get more points when you have class advantage as well and you have an extra one in the second screenshot.

Something seems way off with only 24k for the Mr. Fantastic vs Silver Surfer matchup. The lower points there make no sense to me.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Just noting that one is streak 7 and the other is streak 8 too. I don't know how kabam calculates points but there seem to be differences during the streak portion as 8-13 progressively get harder if not fighting thanos team.

Also, could one have been easy and the other medium or hard?

You'll typically get more points when you have class advantage as well and you have an extra one in the second screenshot.

Something seems way off with only 24k for the Mr. Fantastic vs Silver Surfer matchup. The lower points there make no sense to me.

1. It’s been proven class advantage (+ or -) has any barring on arena points.
    2. The screenshot was taken before the x3 bonus applied on 1st MrF fight.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Can you post both of your mastery setups. It’s very odd that Masacre only has 110 more PI with Suicides. I assume you took off other big PI increasing masteries to add suicides, but that wouldn’t explain all of what’s happening here.