**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quite satisfying but useless

I just found out that when I have imiw, cap iw and guardian on the same team, imiw will get perfect parries (atleast on some content). From my testing, imiw can successfully get perfect parries against rol bosses, and act 5 characters. However, he isnt able to get perfect parries in uc eq and other content with higher attack than act 5. Keep in mind that these tests were conducted using 5* rank 3 imiw with 4* capiw and 3* guardian. I am sure the results would be better with higher ranked versions. To be honest, this is quite useless in high level content but it is quite satisfying to use. Seeing imiw take no dmg while parrying quite satisfying... to me atleast, lmao. I just wanted to share this. Thanks for going through this useless post, I appreciate it lol.
Here is a video of me trying it on rol ws:
https://youtu.be/egf0WPiQ73c

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    My two star gets perfect parries in arena all the time w/out anyone else
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Me who doesn't get perfect parties:
  • If I understand what you're saying, then yes, you won't necessarily get zero block damage consistently as you fight higher challenge rating foes.

What you're calling a "perfect parry" is a well-timed block that just happens to net zero damage. There is such a thing as a "perfect block" which reduces damage to zero. It does so regardless of the challenge rating of the opponent. But outside of perfect blocks, regular blocks simply reduce damage by a percentage based on block proficiency.

IMIW has fairly high block proficiency, and the synergy with Guardian increases it a bit. On top of that, the Parry mastery also reduces damage when your block is a well-timed block by a flat incremental percentage. It is possible, if block proficiency is high enough, for a well-timed block with the Parry mastery to reduce damage all the way down to zero. But as block proficiency is a flat stat, the damage mitigation from blocking drops when you fight opponents with higher challenge rating (higher star rarity and rank). Eventually, as opponents get high enough, your block proficiency will drop below that necessary to reduce damage to zero, and you will start taking damage.

I'm not sure why you would call this "useless" in higher tier content, as even if damage isn't reduced to zero it is still being reduced substantially. But this isn't a mechanism that somehow breaks in higher content. It is more like your overall block damage mitigation in RoL is above 100% with well-timed blocks which reduces damage to zero, and as you fight in higher challenge rating content that maximum block mitigation drops from above 100% to exactly 100% to below 100% in a slow descending curve.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    The magic number for perfect parries is 6000 block proficiency. That means you need at least 5200 base block pro on a champ plus the 800 block pro from the defense tree to achieve this.

Your IMIW has 5143 block pro as a 5* rank 3 so he doesn’t get perfect parry without Guardian synergy. If you ranked him up tier higher he would be over 5200 base block pro and wouldn’t require Guardian synergy anymore.

Just for reference the champs who can get perfect parries off their base values without synergy are all of the versions of a Captain America, Red Skull, IMIW, Massacre, and the just released Professor X. This of course is as a maxed out 5*. Lower ranks have lower block pro and challenger rating will also effect this.