**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne Breaker Title Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

This title is hard to get if you’re a f2p player.

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

We both will be getting it on October 1st.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Very incorrect. I won’t say I’m f2p but I am pretty close to it. I have a buddy who is entirely f2p.

Ps. By saying I’m pretty close to f2p I mean I don’t buy deals for class frags or champion crystals. I usually just get the 4.99 735 unit deal, that’s the best deal they offer. Sometimes also get the sigil. I grind pretty frequently for my units. So a f2p can easily achieve this.
    Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    If you’ve bothered to spend time 100% AoL and Act 6, you’d most likely would have gotten a R3 already. Otherwise it’s also likely that you’re just picky on who you wanna rank up.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

Agree, even giving the title out for 1000$ spent in game would be more honest. At least no RNG.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Campo4 said:

I bet Kabam wanted this new progression level to come out with Act 7 chapter 1 which probably originally would have been out by Oct 1. Was delayed due to the good feedback from the beta. Very glad btw of the changes to Act 7.

Now they had to improvise to get the progression level out before Black Friday offers.

Truth is, there will be many people screwed by RNG, but I do know most players at the supposed “end game” that this is supposed to represent have picked up at least one rank 3 champ from various rewards even if they haven’t spent. If you are done with abyss and don’t have one, you have very bad luck since you also get the nexus from there.

Fingers crossed people can get there. Ranking less than ideal champs to rank 3 is also something people shouldn’t dismiss. I have Doctor Doom (targeted with Abyss crystal), but my second rank 3 was Mysterio. He brings various utility to the table and helps with prestige. Do I wish it was WL? Yes but I’m very happy with the decision. He is a great rank 3 for me even though most people say he isn’t top 5 tech.

This, my friend, is far too reasonable an approach. Don’t you realize the only two acceptable viewpoints are (a) it is patently unfair and cash grabby and discriminatory and [insert negative adjective here] or (b) suck it up and R3 that Kingpin, noob?

Seriously, cheers to you for ranking Mysterio. Great Marvel character, fun to play and given your love of Spidey, a suitable choice.

Dr. Zola
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Campo4 said:

I bet Kabam wanted this new progression level to come out with Act 7 chapter 1 which probably originally would have been out by Oct 1. Was delayed due to the good feedback from the beta. Very glad btw of the changes to Act 7.

Now they had to improvise to get the progression level out before Black Friday offers.

Truth is, there will be many people screwed by RNG, but I do know most players at the supposed “end game” that this is supposed to represent have picked up at least one rank 3 champ from various rewards even if they haven’t spent. If you are done with abyss and don’t have one, you have very bad luck since you also get the nexus from there.

Fingers crossed people can get there. Ranking less than ideal champs to rank 3 is also something people shouldn’t dismiss. I have Doctor Doom (targeted with Abyss crystal), but my second rank 3 was Mysterio. He brings various utility to the table and helps with prestige. Do I wish it was WL? Yes but I’m very happy with the decision. He is a great rank 3 for me even though most people say he isn’t top 5 tech.

This, my friend, is far too reasonable an approach. Don’t you realize the only two acceptable viewpoints are (a) it is patently unfair and cash grabby and discriminatory and [insert negative adjective here] or (b) suck it up and R3 that Kingpin, noob?

Seriously, cheers to you for ranking Mysterio. Great Marvel character, fun to play and given your love of Spidey, a suitable choice.

Dr. Zola
    I know. Too many people they need to get the title as soon as it comes out. The third viewpoint I don't see many people taking is " I will get that title when I get that R3" and try to clear content. If you don't feel like spending the same money or units to get the "inferior" cavalier offer, sit tight with your money or units, they don't expire :wink: Try to go for Abyss clear or act 6 exploration and get that title.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

People saying BG is an example of FTP really need to get a reality check. He plays practically everyday and streams almost every day. He is not an example of an average FTP. Also, I honestly think Kabam should have made this 3 R3 and act 6 exploration. If they really did want to divide the most advanced vs just cavalier, that should have been the metric. Almost anyone can complete act 6 and T5cc can requirement is too much rng. 3 R3 means you have done Abyss and you actually have little content to do and will enable them to release ultra difficult content to suite the elites.

I’m sure this is already been mentioned and I just don’t have the energy to read everything on the thread. But the timing of this seems a little suspicious. BG is the exemplar of the extreme of free to play, and he just got his first rank three. If they had released this any earlier they would have forced him into making a bad rank up. He can’t afford to not get the highest rewards available in the game based on his level of competition. But as anyone will tell you is pulls over the last several months have been awful.

While my main account was a bit of a whale account in 2018 and 2019, none of my alts are and even my main account now has zero spending other than maybe the monthly subscription. I’m on the fence as to whether this means I drop even further in activity or if I make a last whale run to catch up. I assume that’s what they are looking for?
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 147 ★★
    ‘The problem is making the differientiating factor be luck’. That sums it all up.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 562 ★★★

To be really clear here (and let the dislikes pour in), this is meant to be a differentiating factor between players in the Cavalier progression level, and those that are far advanced from there.

As you guys are well aware, there is a huge breadth of players that have hit Cavalier status, from those that have beaten Act 6 Chapter 1 just once, to those that have explored Abyss of Legends, and take on the Grandmaster and Champion bosses daily just for fun.

It becomes extremely difficult for us to make content that targets everybody in that group when one end is so far ahead of the other. As we moved away from making Act content our measuring stick for Summoner Roster and Skill Progression, we had to move to other measurements. Having 1x Rank 3 6-Star is quite low on the scale of differentiation since many of these Summoners have quite a lot more.

If you haven't hit that point yet, that's okay. There's still a lot for you to benefit from as a Cavalier, and those benefits will help you as you progress and grow towards the next level.

The problem is making the differentiating factor be 'luck'.
    I’m saying this as someone with 15 6* and barely anyone worth putting iso in let alone r2 them.

Kabam is not saying you need a GOOD r3.

😂😂

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Pulyaman said:

I’m sure this is already been mentioned and I just don’t have the energy to read everything on the thread. But the timing of this seems a little suspicious. BG is the exemplar of the extreme of free to play, and he just got his first rank three. If they had released this any earlier they would have forced him into making a bad rank up. He can’t afford to not get the highest rewards available in the game based on his level of competition. But as anyone will tell you is pulls over the last several months have been awful.

While my main account was a bit of a whale account in 2018 and 2019, none of my alts are and even my main account now has zero spending other than maybe the monthly subscription. I’m on the fence as to whether this means I drop even further in activity or if I make a last whale run to catch up. I assume that’s what they are looking for?
    He doesn't spend money on the game. BG doesn't make bad rank ups to just to make a rank up. He had r3 options before this announcement and still has others. He buys unit offers mostly for 4th of July or black Friday. Most of the offers don't matter to him. His main concern is prestige. He won't be able to stay in 4Loki if he can't increase that prestige.

You really can't speak for him in saying that he'd be "forced" into a bad rank up. He wouldn't do that anyway.
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

MetalJake said:

Barter33 said:

So I don’t just have the resources for a rank 3 and have act 6 100%.... I have 2 SCIENCE T5CC..... given that I have no science I feel comfortable ranking as a 6*, I think it is a very bad choice to base a progression title on an RNG rank up material.

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.
    When purchase prices are dependent on progression titles saying “you are under no pressure to....” is tone deaf and an insult to all who spend even a dollar or real money in this video game. Your under no pressure, just pay more for the same exact thing until you get a 6 star your content taking to rank 3 is a slap in the face. I did 6.4 completion the first week it was available and my best 6 star is awakened Masacre. He’s a **** champion for serious content and will be the same garbage champ at rank 3 for the content that matters.... I did the first part of the 2 requirements with 5/65 and rank 2/35 6 stars but I’m NOT GOOD ENOUGH in kabams eyes unless I can afford to whale out on thier over priced fragment deals or if I can’t WASTE a ENTIRE t5cc on a non worthy champion
    Can you give me an example of purchase prices being dependent on titles?
    The diff in the black iso store on featured 5 star bwtn uncollected and cavalier is one example13,000 shards for uncollected player 11,000 for cavalier. 4th of July deals is another one. Sure u can fill in the rest.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Dont feel bad this is my cct5 n I have 100 everything except the abyss
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

‘The problem is making the differientiating factor be luck’. That sums it all up.

It's not luck. It's experience. If someone plays enough, they will have an R3. The fact that some wait until the "perfect" R3 is pretty much a choice.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,976 ★★★★★
    MetalJake said:

For those saying, once you complete act 6, you should have a t5cc formed....

Who is saying that?
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

Again, one of the most advanced F2P players, BG, just go this first 6 star rank 3, and he grinds for hours and hours a day lol
    The man literally had an awakened IW and the t5cc for over a month.
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
  • MaiicolDiazMaiicolDiaz Posts: 10
    Thanks to this new title I clear the easy path of the abyss, before this I thought that was impossible to me, now I have the t5cc cosmic. I have C Obsidian, is my best option.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

The man literally had an awakened IW and the t5cc for over a month.
    He had options and choose to save it. He could have had a r3 a while ago don't understand why people think he's a special case. This is the same guy that took a break and actively avoiding ranking 6* until recently
    Dude, he started a week account and grinded for like 15 hours a day. If you don't think he's a special case, you either do just that or you are just being mind controlled by Kabam through their Rig Ray. And a month is not that long to hold off on T5CC if you are telling some players to be "patient" and wait for a year + until they can get their first R3 lol
    You should focus on getting your second and third r5 5* before focusing on r3 6*. He had a wasp,thing, ghulk, unawakened torch, and awakened IW. He wasn't lacking choices. It doesn't take a year+ to r3 a champ.
    Abyss came out 8 months ago and 6.4 not long after yet we already have people running around with 8+ r3
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Wait, so one moment people are being accused of crying about a shortage of resources because they rank up champs recklessly and the next they're being told they don't have a R3 6* because they chose to WAIT for the 'perfect' champ?

This community is hilarious 🤣
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Wait, so one moment people are being accused of crying about a shortage of resources because they rank up champs recklessly and the next they're being told they don't have a R3 6* because they chose to WAIT for the 'perfect' champ?

This community is hilarious 🤣

When they're talking about using up the most available Resource, Gold, then yes. That point stands to reason.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★

Jcobra25 said:

This is a choice that you have to make. You are under no pressure to choose one of those Champions if you don't want to. This title is not going anywhere. As T5CC become more common, you'll have more choices, but at this time, this is the way that we have decided to separate the next tier in a way that takes into account both your progression in-game, and your roster progression.

Wow, you really are NOT a condescending mouthpiece eh...

Either way, thanks for your sensitive explanation.
    And big thanks to the "RNG" which has kindly provided me with skill, tech, and mystic T5C.

But hey, thanks for making sure that undeserving/unworthy people like me dont get anywhere near your precious thronebraking title.
    Man Thing. Lots of R3's of those out there.

No one says you are undeserving or unworthy. You have options to take to R3 but YOU are choosing not to take them up. Eventually you'll pull a champ you will want to take up. Nothing Miike said is condescending, it's just straight facts. You just don't like those facts.
    Yes. Eventually. That means - since there is no other way currently to obtain specific 6* champions - LUCK. If you are lucky enough, you will pull a champ that's worthy of r3. And please, don't come with the "but you can rank anyone, it's up to you", you won't find any (okay maybe like 3 from some madlads) r3 karnak or vulture around here for a reason.