**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 5 rank up poll

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Who should I rank up?

Variant 5 rank up poll 40 votes

6 star Venom unawakened to rank 2
62%
PantherusNZDisbanded_penszuffyLvernon15DarkSoulDLXHammerbro_64RoOOtsMitriaxCiciliatoAnkush69RockypantherxMeebletonCtuchikNo_oneukSarvanga1_FlashSpideyMephistoGiuliameijpvrsunnyHilbert_unbeatable2 25 votes
5 star Venom awakened sig 60
37%
KDSuperFlash10digmeoutLuke9523Adamb208DarkDuelistBonzodavidMauledOmedennChikelJragonMaster170TheRoyal9CrcrcrcSAFI_KJayhanosmanMagnaAngemon_333 15 votes
Β«1

Comments

• DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    5 star Venom to rank 5
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Am I the only person that hasn't done variant 5 yet? πŸ˜ͺ
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    5 star Venom awakened sig 60

5 star Venom to rank 5

Why are you answering your own question
    Kill_Grey said:

I have completed it but not explored it and I sincerely agree with prof hoff's rewards dynamic - minor tweaks but all the difference

Kill_Grey said:

I have completed it but not explored it and I sincerely agree with prof hoff's rewards dynamic - minor tweaks but all the difference
    Can't even get past quest 1 πŸ˜ͺ

5 star Venom to rank 5

Why are you answering your own question
    In case someone noticed my acknowledgement and highly desired to correct it
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes I know it felt very similar to me as well - I got through it with 4 stars but I can tell you this the experience was grueling
    Why is this Poll going down the page so fast?
    Why are other polls applicable to the general discussion page and why should this poll be so Indifferent?

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes I know it felt very similar to me as well - I got through it with 4 stars but I can tell you this the experience was grueling
    I just rank 5'd my Claire.

I feel suicides is what's making it a bit hard. The roster limitation is discouraging, as most of the champs allowed don't work too well with that mastery setup.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I feel suicides is what's making it a bit hard. The roster limitation is discouraging, as most of the champs allowed don't work too well with that mastery setup.
    Also many champs that excel in variant 5 are terrible throughout other content well relatively - it's not easy to rank 5 one champ just for the sake of a variant...
  • Soyheyor123Soyheyor123 Posts: 395 β˜…β˜…

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Also many champs that excel in variant 5 are terrible throughout other content well relatively - it's not easy to rank 5 one champ just for the sake of a variant...
    I don't think so.
    My MVP's were
    Claire
    Vodoo
    Magik
    Stealthy
    SS
    Venom
    All of them r5 worthy even without considering V5

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh yeah, Doctor Doom is the worst champ in the game
    Venom = TRASH
    Venom isn't exactly the highest tier in the game would you not prefer over him Medusa

But still those words have an alternate meaning especially when the word relatively is involved and no Doom is not trash

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I don't think so.
    My MVP's were
    Claire
    Vodoo
    Magik
    Stealthy
    SS
    Venom
    All of them r5 worthy even without considering V5
    Voodoo and Magik I wouldn't assign rank 5

I think you can understand where I am coming from

but rest of those champs are fantastic!

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Oh yeah, Doctor Doom is the worst champ in the game
    Venom = TRASH
    Venom isn't exactly the highest tier in the game would you not prefer over him Medusa

But still those words have an alternate meaning especially when the word relatively is involved and no Doom is not trash
    Not gonna lie, I'll get disagrees, but Venom is a top 4 cosmic with Hype corvus and Cmm. He's just so good, as he's a spiderman evade counter, an evade counter when the opponent is below 18% health, IMIW counter and just overall great damage with all those furies. He is definitely one of the better and imo better than medusa
    Im gonna r5 him sooner rather than late

Also the word relatively is irrelevant. By that logic, Quake is relatively trash against true strike or evade counters
    Yes you can understand why the word relatively is confusing even if you have appeared to use it as well

However, Venom cannot beat act 6 iron man infinity war but yes he does have his pros as well and that's why I am going to rank him up to a distinctive rank even if I am slightly deterred by the character
    He can not do everything but he has some very unique abilities
    Also the reason why I believe medusa is better than venom is because medusa is much more effective for lol
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 β˜…β˜…
    Venom is a great champ, might as well take up the 6* if you’re not worried about the resources. Awaken ability not a big enough deal for him to take up 5*

I see both Venom and Medusa on similar tier, right behind the elite cosmics (corvus, CMM, hype). Medusa is great for shutting down robots. Venom is great for spideys and spideygwens. I find Venom’s om nom sp1 utility gives him a little more all-around versatility than Medusa. But Medusa prob better contributor to an alliance war defense, if that’s a factor at all. They both get less useful deeper you get in the end-game cause they’re damage doesn’t scale up as high as the best champs.

Venom is much more of a bad-ass, and imo Medusa could do w a haircut/small makeover, but maybe that’s less relevant to your goals.

Also the reason why I believe medusa is better than venom is because medusa is much more effective for lol

most effective for what?
    Labrynth of legends
    Tru100 said:

Venom is a great champ, might as well take up the 6* if you’re not worried about the resources. Awaken ability not a big enough deal for him to take up 5*

I see both Venom and Medusa on similar tier, right behind the elite cosmics (corvus, CMM, hype). Medusa is great for shutting down robots. Venom is great for spideys and spideygwens. I find Venom’s om nom sp1 utility gives him a little more all-around versatility than Medusa. But Medusa prob better contributor to an alliance war defense, if that’s a factor at all. They both get less useful deeper you get in the end-game cause they’re damage doesn’t scale up as high as the best champs.

Venom is much more of a bad-ass, and imo Medusa could do w a haircut/small makeover, but maybe that’s less relevant to your goals.

The only reason as to why I suggest that medusa is better than venom is because her ability to clear Labrynth of legends is higher than that of venom

If I were to improve medusa I would allow her to stack 6 furies naturally instead of 3 and remove that synergy with black bolt and assign something else
    Okay then it seems 6 star Venom to rank 2!

I will post his stature here near alliance quests temporary finality
    Kill_Grey said:

I did it! πŸ˜‚
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I did it! πŸ˜‚
    Didn't have to turn off suicides for a second.

Claire and Stealthy were MVPs
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I did it! πŸ˜‚
    How were the rewards?

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I did it! πŸ˜‚
    How were the rewards?

Plus a 6* Falcon
  • pvrsunnypvrsunny Posts: 23 β˜…
    I have done 100%.. Venom is not a champ to look for PI or doesn't need awakening to be good
    Just r2 your 6star and get him ready for r3(maybe by 2022 LOL)

My roaster was
    r5 Venom, Starky, Claire, Doom for most fights
    r4 SorcerorSupreme for two paths (Killmonger and NCrawler)
    r4 Voodoo just finished chapter 2 with ease