**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Quake become less valuable of a champ?

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
To my understanding, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Red Goblin's abilities lists have not been released yet, but I have some speculation. It seems like now that they are starting to have more and more endgame players, and more players that will be able to do Act 7, there are more and more nodes and champs that can counter Quake. For example, in August, Air-Walker had Power Gain, so it was very hard to Quake it. Also, both of this month's champs (Apacalypse and Prof X) have evade counters. It makes me wonder if Kabam has caught on to us and realizes that people who are terrible players can get past TONS of content with Quake. I'm guessing that when they release Book 2, there are going to be tons of Quake counters, whether that be a node or a champ.

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Patience, my little duckling.
    Patience...
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

To my understanding, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Red Goblin's abilities lists have not been released yet, but I have some speculation. It seems like now that they are starting to have more and more endgame players, and more players that will be able to do Act 7, there are more and more nodes and champs that can counter Quake. For example, in August, Air-Walker had Power Gain, so it was very hard to Quake it. Also, both of this month's champs (Apacalypse and Prof X) have evade counters. It makes me wonder if Kabam has caught on to us and realizes that people who are terrible players can get past TONS of content with Quake. I'm guessing that when they release Book 2, there are going to be tons of Quake counters, whether that be a node or a champ.

Well to be fair, you do need to be really good to Quake actual Endgame content althouhg Quake is slowly getting countered.
    All the more reason to release 6 star Quake!
    Imagine how many people would buy those Featured Cavs and Grandmasters. I kinda think they're using Apocalypse and Prof X for money this month, and then 6* Quake in the coming months.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    they’ve said 6* star Quake isn’t coming soon
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I got a 5* 5/5 duped quake... She is very useful, but I am not by any means a end game player... I am cavalier and I play for fun.. so I am happy to have her on my team, with a NF synergy....

What are the new nodes or new champion that gives her trouble?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The only nerf to Quake is that they won't make her a 6 star so in a year her hit power will be equal to what a r3 5 star is now. She can barely one shot a Thing mini on day 5 or Sasquatch as it is. So next AQ upgrade she will basically be nerfed.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    All champs need counters otherwise game will become highly unbalanced
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Considering I have all content but 4 paths of abyss to do, and I still use my 4* Quake, I’m going to say no
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    How can you be a terrible player if you have the skill to Quake everything?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Quake was never a valuable champ to begin with.

I really hope you’re joking...
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Quake was never a valuable champ to begin with.

I really hope you’re joking...
    I'm not kidding. I have not found a single use for my 4* r1 in act 6
    I don't know how to use her but she is awesome
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

they’ve said 6* star Quake isn’t coming soon

They said the same about 5* Scarlet Witch 😉
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

You used the words terrible player and then said they get past content using Quake.

If they can quake they aren't a terrible player

Sure, sure...

*hides in corner*
    Fixed it for you.
    now it’s not inconspicuous, dagblastit
  • Options
    It’s the cycle of this game. When a new meta is discovered they leave it for a bit then slowly produce a few specific counters then move onto something else. Just like when AA released a load of bleed/poison immune were released. After a while the meta shifted and most of the recent champions aren’t immune to AA which has brought him back into the spotlight.

By definition this is a game where we are putting ourselves and our champions against Kabam’s design team. We’re going to be on top some weeks, they’re going to come back and counter after.
  • Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    After watching seatins red goblin video I don’t think red goblin will be a problem for her.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Hahahaha! Funny joke! You really got me!