Options

Change to Red Magneto Signature Ability

Kabam this is awesome! So happy with this change! Can you tell us when it will be up and running in game??

Here’s the old description:

And here’s the newly update one

Comments

• Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Was this a silent buff?
  • Options
    That’s a pretty big change for him. Now I don’t have a single doubt in my mind that he’s a top 3 mutant.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

It’s in the game now I just went to his abilities page in game. Looking back at older videos it indeed said excluding a special 3. Now it says from any single damage source.

Dayum, you're right!
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

How much can he loose worst case Scenario when there isnt a #metal on any attack? % wise?

At max sig the cap is 10% I think
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    hm I don't know which part of this is a bug because they never just nerf or buff champs, and if they do, they will definitely tell us, which leads me to think it's a bug, but the wording change is so incredibly specific, so I'm not sure

edit: ok the wording change actually isn't as huge as I thought, so it's probably just text that got cut off or something
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

So the question is: was the description change intended but they failed to insert it into gameplay properly, or was the description change unintended and he was supposed to stay the same?

exactly what I was thinking, but I think it might be text that someone accidentally deleted
  • Options
    edited October 2020

hm I don't know which part of this is a bug because they never just nerf or buff champs, and if they do, they will definitely tell us, which leads me to think it's a bug, but the wording change is so incredibly specific, so I'm not sure

edit: ok the wording change actually isn't as huge as I thought, so it's probably just text that got cut off or something

This isn’t true. Kabam has done multiple silent nerfs and buffs in the past before. We even have a few examples that occurred recently. Sasquatch’s DOT got nerfed this month and I believe last month or the month before moon night got a buff where he was able to stack his bleeds.
  • Options
    Ace_03 said:

MBogusz said:

Kabam this is awesome! So happy with this change! Can you tell us when it will be up and running in game??

Here’s the old description:

And here’s the newly update one

I just tried dueling Hyperion with max sig 4* Mags. Killed me with 1 sp3. Maybe it's just a wording error then?

I think that's it.
    Like me and thicco_mode said, it could also be that the wording change was intentional but him failing to tank an sp3 would be the bug. It could be either way but there’s no way for us to really find out. Galactus knows we probably aren’t getting a response from Kabam so only time can tell.
  • Options
    MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★
    Sorry didn’t expect this many comments while eating dinner!

Yes I had tried tanking an sp3 before posting, hence asking when it would be up and running rather than saying how good it is.

Personally I agree with what a few have said - changing the description of his signature ability surely is intentional? @Kabam Miike can anyone shed some light?
  • Options
    I highly doubt we’ll get a response. We’ll just have to find out next month or whenever they decide to fix it.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Also it's weird that he gains block penetration when attacked

I just noticed this comment lol. Now I’m looking back at both descriptions and the wording for both is really messed up.
  • Options
    When Attacked:
    - Damage is capped at X
    - X critical resistance and... block penetration?
    - [Magnet] this bonus is increased by +100%
    - Heavy attacks deal a burst of X damage?
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    the text changed, but he still doesn't cap sp3 damage, not sure why they took it off the description but yeah
This discussion has been closed.