**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

PLATINUMPOOL OFFER QUESTION

13»

Comments

• Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    With Cyber Monday round the corner, so to speak, there's no way I dish out 3k units just like that. Can't wait for the arenas though...
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Fair enough.
    Obviously did miss that one then (or didn't read closely enough)
    It's just frustrating. I knew there would be a pay wall (as there always is for anything DP) but it's just frustrating that it's so steep.
    As a guy putting food on the table for a family of 5 I really can't justify the £50 price tag.
    Anyway, I appreciate you setting me straight. Just accept that my prior posts were born purely out of frustration.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Yeah, don‘t worry ... I‘m glad myself, that I don‘t have to buy the 55€ Bundle (because I was lucky and finished him with the third one, the Sigil Bundle). But I knew the last Bundles would be expensive and I would have most likely bought it if necessary.

Well, you can still get him by grinding Arena at the end of this month. Two pieces of your choice. Kinda the F2P variant to get all 5 pieces guaranteed without buying Sigil and Black Panther Bundle.

Platinpool is actually available completely F2P without RNG luck.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

Fair enough.
    It's just frustrating. I knew there would be a pay wall (as there always is for anything DP) but it's just frustrating that it's so steep.
    As a guy putting food on the table for a family of 5 I really can't justify the £50 price tag.
    Anyway, I appreciate you setting me straight. Just accept that my prior posts were born purely out of frustration.

yeah it's definitely annoying, but it's only missing out on platpool, and while hes a cool gimmick and probably actually pretty decent, you aren't missing out on much. one day, they'll come back around and you could probably get the piece you're missing
  • Options
    ExWeaponExWeapon Posts: 27
    Need the left arm somehow. Annoying.
  • Options
    X_Scott said:

X_Scott said:

Your picture is a good example. Can you form multiple/dupe Plats if you have 2 of everything? Not that I have enough for even one, but I have pulled 2 chests with some of the crystals....
    Yes, you can dupe him with double pieces
    Thanks!

• Options
    Jeal79 said:

Fair enough.

Well then I have some other news for you @Jeal79 . It's been said that EVENTUALLY they'll allow F2P players a chance to earn the remaining 2 pieces in game. Won't be for sometime yet, but he's not behind a permanent paywall. Just to guarantee getting him the 1st time around is all. Honestly, I was prepared to shell out the $50, but the 3k in Units was the deal breaker for me and ultimately makes spending the $50 pointless. Had they split the offers up, that may've caused me to buy both. Funny how that worked out. In their rush to make money, they probably lost some from players like me. Oh well, someday I'll snag the shiny screwball, lol. Just not today...
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Thx Sirius. That's good news even if it does require a bit more patience. Haha
  • Options
    Jeal79 said:

Anytime! Honestly these days, any form of "good news" is a welcomed thing no matter how small and far off it may be IMHO. It certainly does require some extra patience for sure though, lol. Alas, such is life sometimes eh? Frankly, if Platinumpool was a 6* and the prices were the same, I may've been more apt to pay for the rest as is. 5*.... nah... not for $150 USD (and for others, even more). He's for sure shiny, but not THAT shiny 😂🤣😂🤣😂
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

or you could also do arenas and get the peice.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Jeal79 said:

Literally just remembered. I saw the Offer and jumped. Oh, well. Choices. Lol.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Jeal79 said:

I think you meant "One can TRY to get the missing pieces by grinding the arena and hoping for the best." 😂 Yes, you can earn more Fabulous Crystals per Milestones and Rank Rewards. So if RNG is on your side, one could get Platinumpool that way. If you're a true Arena grinder and have what it takes to get the top rank rewards, ranks 1-10 give the Cauldron of Avarice which allows you to select 2 pieces of the Fabulous One, and 11-300 gets a Forth Rate Booster Pack which allows you to select 1 piece. Considering they don't award pieces via a percentage rank, good luck with that one, lol.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm only missing the legs. I've got over 18k units and could get the legs with the 3k unit deal. Just can't bring myself to drop that many units for a 5* trophy champ though. Came close last night and am now pretending that the offer doesn't exist lol.