**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magneto (HoX) is already outdated and really bad

The red Magneto is an awesome champ and deserves the love he got but the white one is just terrible.
1.His damage output, not only compared to the red one, but to most mutants is just bad. Which is totally ok, if he has utility to compensate that, but that leads us to nr. 2
2. His utility is simply terrible in comparison with the red one. He isn’t as viable as the red ones for some things.
3. Maybe he is intended as a synergy champ, but no he has not the level of synergies champs like mr. Fantastic, Heimdall or Fury bring to the table.
4. But at least he has a pre-Fight ability... that works really bad. The first parry in a fight always fails (bug) and even if it works, you get pushed back by a lot more than usual when parrying. But for what actually: 15 % attack (mediocre) and passive stun (actually cool if it worked correctly), but compared to what champs get from Apocalypse or Mr. F... meh.

So here is my question: what was the goal with that champ? He doesn’t really make Metall and heroe Champs that powerful, for that, his pre fight ability needs more utility (level of red Magneto). Some form of true trike, or miss Counter or just something that make this champs really more useful. Give people a reason to have this Champion on the team, since he hits like a wimp and not like the Magneto. It looks like all the work and love went into the red one and the white one is just there, slightly better but as insignificant as before

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He certainly could’ve done with a bit more, in terms of his own kit, give him a crit rate boost per prowess so the sp2 is more consistent, for his synergy have a passive aar applied to the opponent, nothing huge, maybe 30-40%
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

You guys know that he can still hit 100k Sp2's with relatively little effort, and degen metal champs, right?

So can sentry, what’s the point? It’s not just Damage, it is utility, etc. He is already outdated, especially in comparison with the red one or prof X and Apocalypse. It’s just that he is not well thought through. The red one is a power house, the white one has a lot of things, but doesn’t shine on anything. He can do so much, but everything mediocrely. His utilities aren’t good enough. The utilities he provides for others are not good enough. He will be forgotten soon enough.
    Is 70% aar not utility lol? Prof X and Apoc are mutant boosters. Not everyone has a ton of good, quest viable mutants in their roster. Magneto is a metal and hero booster. I don’t know how ignorant you can possibly be to think that ability accuracy increase, attack rating increase, and passive extended stuns is not enough utility.
    edited October 2020
    Comparing apoc and prof X to HoX magneto has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve seen. Magneto does entirely separate things than apoc and prof. Magneto can also use 3 of his boosters right away unlike apoc and prof X.

Believe me, apoc, prof x, and red magneto are all better, but to call HoX magneto a bad champion is pure clownery.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87

Comparing apoc and prof X to HoX magneto has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve seen. Magneto does entirely separate things than apoc and prof. Magneto can also use 3 of his boosters right away unlike apoc and prof X.

Believe me, apoc, prof x, and red magneto are all better, but to call HoX magneto a bad champion is pure clownery.

You can compare the usefulness of something. You can actually compare everything, idiocy would be to equate things. An Apple is bigger than cherry is a comparison. A wrong comparison is saying a cherry is better than all other cherries just because you like it more than all oranges. Equation is not a comparison. But back to topic.
    Magneto, Prof X and APO buff other champs, this they have in common, but the significance is just way different. I don’t think people will start to use white magnetos buffs for other champs, because the utility is just not good enough for the Endgame. My point is that he is already outdated. He is certainly not as bad as he used to be, but as insignificant. It’s like the carnage buff. Nice buff, but venom stayed a significant champion, carnages buff was nice but he lacked something for the endgame or even for progressive players. For beginners he is fun, but as soon as you reach the second part of act 4, you start to focus more on the utilities.

You guys know that he can still hit 100k Sp2's with relatively little effort, and degen metal champs, right?

So can sentry, what’s the point? It’s not just Damage, it is utility, etc. He is already outdated, especially in comparison with the red one or prof X and Apocalypse. It’s just that he is not well thought through. The red one is a power house, the white one has a lot of things, but doesn’t shine on anything. He can do so much, but everything mediocrely. His utilities aren’t good enough. The utilities he provides for others are not good enough. He will be forgotten soon enough.
    Is 70% aar not utility lol? Prof X and Apoc are mutant boosters. Not everyone has a ton of good, quest viable mutants in their roster. Magneto is a metal and hero booster. I don’t know how ignorant you can possibly be to think that ability accuracy increase, attack rating increase, and passive extended stuns is not enough utility.
    Well, no. it’s just a chance. Compare this magnetism and mutation to the red one, who bypasses miss and autoblock, who gains additional perfect Block Chance which also means longer stuns, Who passively heal blocks Metall champs, who with willpower heals from bleed and shock debuffs and I haven’t even started to write about damage, which is not the point. One brings so much to the table, the other one just not enough to be significant and only this is my issue. He is better than before, he used to be really really bad, but after the buff he is just mediocre in probably the strongest class in the game. He needs something. Either he gets a little more utility or the champs he is supposed to buff, so people consider him in their teams when they are exploring certain parts of the game. I don’t ask for much. Even armor break immunity for the Metall champs he buffs could be a game changer for certain nodes or champions. He can just pull the armor really tight and make it unbreakable against non tech champs for example. So many possibilities to make a champ significant. I see everyone ranking their red magnetos and taking them to all kind of challenges, but nobody seems to care about the white one. Small
    Prediction: he will be pointless in the future if he doesn’t get anything extra.
    A few things...
    1.)Comparing an apple to a cherry is not what you’re doing here. You’re comparing a microwave to a vacuum cleaner and a freezer.

2.) paragraphs please

3.) Red magneto was designed to be an unstoppable slaughterer of metal champs. White mags was designed to boost metal and hero teammates. Of course magneto is going to do way more to opposing metal champs because that’s how he was designed. While yes red magneto indeed dishes way more damage, white mags’ damage output is better than at least 70% of champs in this game and more than viable enough.

4.) “I don’t think people will use white magneto buffs for other champions, because the utility is not good enough for endgame.” I’m quoting this one because I want to address it directly. For starters not everyone is an endgame player and this game has a vast diversity of players in different points of progression, so this entirely invalidates this statement. While endgame players and massive whales might not use white mags over other champs, Magneto is a very good champ for your average everyday player. Mysterio for example is certainly not as good as warlock, but does that make him bad? Absolutely not. An endgame whale with nearly the entire roster in their hands would certainly take warlock over mysterio, but for your average player who’s still in act 5 or mid act 6 who may not be fortunate to have a warlock would most definitely rank up a mysterio.

5.) Magneto is better than majority of the mutant class, which considering how stacked it is, says a lot. I think both mags are pretty underrated. White Magneto is pretty act 6 viable, and i truly think you might be looking at prebuff mags’ abilities if you believe otherwise. White Magneto is definitely not the best of the best, but that’s okay because he doesn’t have to. Not every champ has to be “broken op tier”. Could Kabam have done a little bit more to make him more relevant? Yea I think so. Does that make him garbage and unviable? Absolutely not.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Against non metals white one hits harder. His potency increase at 6 or more prowess lets him have bigger prowess to my memory.
  • White Mags is also immune to bleed now. Just a tad more utility that some may have glossed over.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    These "champion is outdated" posts are so 2018.
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    White mags is a great champ. But he’s far behind the red one. His passive stun to teammates is very powerful and good for nodes like maso. But what I don’t like about him is he needs to rely slightly on rng to get his good damage. His buff is pretty much only going to be used for synergy if you don’t already have the red one.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    Again, I don’t want him to have the damage output of the red one. He was created to buff other champs with his magnetism. Looking at what the red one does with his magnetism, I wish the white ones pre fight ability could provide something more to make him relevant. A form of utility that is helpful against some opponents or in specific matches.

The comparison with Mysterio and Warlock: Mysterio brings something unique to the table. He has good utilities, yes he is no warlock, but I still consider him relevant for specific fights. He has the Passive heal block, he bypasses domino completely, has a form of power control and has access to poison, which still isn’t that common and that stops spideys from evading. He has his spot. He has a lot of utilities helpful for a progressing player, something he adds to the roster. And right now I don’t think white magneto does this. I want him to be as relevant to Metall and heroes as Heimdall, who has not the restriction. He needs something more, nothing big, just so his PFA can be the solution for certain stuff.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    White Magneto is still better than most of the trash in the 6 star pool currently
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Again, I don’t want him to have the damage output of the red one. He was created to buff other champs with his magnetism. Looking at what the red one does with his magnetism, I wish the white ones pre fight ability could provide something more to make him relevant. A form of utility that is helpful against some opponents or in specific matches.

The comparison with Mysterio and Warlock: Mysterio brings something unique to the table. He has good utilities, yes he is no warlock, but I still consider him relevant for specific fights. He has the Passive heal block, he bypasses domino completely, has a form of power control and has access to poison, which still isn’t that common and that stops spideys from evading. He has his spot. He has a lot of utilities helpful for a progressing player, something he adds to the roster. And right now I don’t think white magneto does this. I want him to be as relevant to Metall and heroes as Heimdall, who has not the restriction. He needs something more, nothing big, just so his PFA can be the solution for certain stuff.

White Magneto can offer you 70% AAR against metal champs, bleed immunity, passive parry stuns, great team synergies, and great special damage with such little ramp up. I don't see at all how he compares to Mysterio or Warlock but comparing champs like these with top of the class champs is just outright silly.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    What's up with mutants and passive stuns?
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Update:
    The 10 charge prowess issue has been resolved.
    The Cruelty/prowess pause has been resolved.

The Pre-fight fix is supposed to occur with the next update.

I would have you guys try him now.