Options

Advice on Next Rankup. Second R5 or first R2?

Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips

Hey guys,
As the picture shows, I only have one 5* R5 and no 6* R2. I just fully explored Act 5 and am ready to move on to Act 6 or Variants. I have 3 t5b (and no extra shards of one so it will take me awhile). I really love Warlock, he is my favorite between the options to take up, but it feels like a bad decision to use 3 t5b to take him up rather than 2 t5b to take up a 5* and have 1 remaining t5b to take up the next one. I really like Venom and Colossus as well, I just find Colossus extremely limited in any place I can't stun, and Venom very limited with no immunities. I have omega red for the synergy with Colossus, but I barely use OR because he is only sig 1 and I don't run suicides. I feel like the smartest move would probably be to take up Colossus and be halfway to taking up my next 5* (Venom or maybe someone else good by then), but I really do love Warlock and wanted to get input. Thank you guys

Advice on Next Rankup. Second R5 or first R2? 11 votes

R2 Warlock
27%
EtjamaBerjibsDiabolic 3 votes
R5 Colossus sig 146
63%
Turbomech85Ackbar67Thicco_ModeDoctor_Strange19SaltE_Wenis69Crcrcrc[Deleted User] 7 votes
R5 Venom unawakened
9%
StevieManWonder 1 vote
Something Else
0%

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    R5 Colossus sig 146
    defo this dude. I have both him and warlock r5 and they serve a somewhat similar place in my roster where they just clear every fight I need that isn't super specialized. I use colossus as a general lane clearer with no synergies at all, and he shines, even in places where I can't parry heavy. in that situation, just five hit combo sp2 and he'll still pack a punch, especially with that omega synergy. warlock is more for harder/more niche fights that I can't just close my eyes and do. his power drain is super useful and his damage with his sp2 makes him more than just a utility machine. combined that with high armor and protection against crits on specials, he is an insane champ. however, like you mentioned, it is one more t5b, so I would hold off on him
  • Options
    Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88

defo this dude. I have both him and warlock r5 and they serve a somewhat similar place in my roster where they just clear every fight I need that isn't super specialized. I use colossus as a general lane clearer with no synergies at all, and he shines, even in places where I can't parry heavy. in that situation, just five hit combo sp2 and he'll still pack a punch, especially with that omega synergy. warlock is more for harder/more niche fights that I can't just close my eyes and do. his power drain is super useful and his damage with his sp2 makes him more than just a utility machine. combined that with high armor and protection against crits on specials, he is an insane champ. however, like you mentioned, it is one more t5b, so I would hold off on him

Thank you very much! I think you are right. I really like having a lane clearer to allow me to use doom on the boss! I agree with everything you said, Warlock is a BEAST but I don't think i can justify using an extra t5b over an awakened high sig Colossus. Thank you!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    R5 Venom unawakened
    If you are going to focus on Variants, then I would r5 Venom since he is a beast for v2 and v5. To be fair, Warlock is a beast for v2 and v3.