**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best Tech champion

13»

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Sentinel
    Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Where's the Sentinel love? The dude is hands down just as good as Warlock.

I like him too in V3
    He’s not just good in V3. I bring him to every game mode. I have videos of him soloing Doom and Thing bosses in AW. And people still want to argue that Warlock is better, lol.
    https://youtu.be/6nGCjsxkKIw
    Oh man, there's a video of Abomination soloing a T1 Thing boss! And people still want to argue that Quake is better, lol.
    You’re comparing apples and papaya, so not really a valid argument.
    Saying that someone is better because you've solo'd war bosses with them isn't a valid argument either.
    Yeah fair, but I have much more proof than just a couple boss kills. However, these are some of the more noteable fights which is why I use them as examples. Sentinel being a viable boss killer in war is a big difference between him and Warlock so it is one of the better ways of showing off how good he is.

I'm not looking for people to agree with me that Sentinel is better than Warlock, I just want people to stop claiming that he is a lesser Warlock, hes very different than Warlock and does a lot of things that Warlock doesn't do.
    And warlock can do A LOT of things sentinel can’t do
    like?
    Power control, more easily accessible regen, passive heal block which counters any possible kind of healing rather than a debuff, armor up which means he's a Havok counter, frostbite and coldsnap immunity counters Iceman and other coldsnap nodes, and offensive AAR is very useful.

Meanwhile, Sentinel has slightly better damage and incinerate. He literally does nothing else that Warlock can't.
    You really want to sell Sentinel short don’t you...? At this point I have to assume you have not read sentinels abilities because you clearly don’t understand the differences between Sentinel and Warlock.
    Please explain to me how anything I said is wrong. Everything I stated is a fact. And I'm not trying to sell Sentinel short, he's just not better than Warlock.
    All I saw was a biased opinion on Warlock. You stated like 2 abilities that sentinel has out of many that are unique to him. For example his analysis has many benefits that are unique to Sentinel.

I am happy to admit there are some specific scenarios where Warlock is better (power control for instance). But in many of the general matchups where you are bringing a tech robot Sentinel is going to be just as good of an option as Warlock is. And in some scenarios he is much better. For example war bosses where sentinel’s damage is much more suited to get the solo.

My main point here is that no one can just say Warlock is better than Sentinel, it is absolutely not true. It depends on the matchup as do most champs in this game. I don’t know where the idea that Sentinel is a lesser Warlock came from, because for every matchup where Warlock is better than sentinel, there is a matchup where Sentinel is better than warlock.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3
    He’s not just good in V3. I bring him to every game mode. I have videos of him soloing Doom and Thing bosses in AW. And people still want to argue that Warlock is better, lol.
    Oh man, there's a video of Abomination soloing a T1 Thing boss! And people still want to argue that Quake is better, lol.
    Saying that someone is better because you've solo'd war bosses with them isn't a valid argument either.
    Yeah fair, but I have much more proof than just a couple boss kills. However, these are some of the more noteable fights which is why I use them as examples. Sentinel being a viable boss killer in war is a big difference between him and Warlock so it is one of the better ways of showing off how good he is.

I'm not looking for people to agree with me that Sentinel is better than Warlock, I just want people to stop claiming that he is a lesser Warlock, hes very different than Warlock and does a lot of things that Warlock doesn't do.
    like?
    Power control, more easily accessible regen, passive heal block which counters any possible kind of healing rather than a debuff, armor up which means he's a Havok counter, frostbite and coldsnap immunity counters Iceman and other coldsnap nodes, and offensive AAR is very useful.

Meanwhile, Sentinel has slightly better damage and incinerate. He literally does nothing else that Warlock can't.
    You really want to sell Sentinel short don’t you...? At this point I have to assume you have not read sentinels abilities because you clearly don’t understand the differences between Sentinel and Warlock.
    Please explain to me how anything I said is wrong. Everything I stated is a fact. And I'm not trying to sell Sentinel short, he's just not better than Warlock.
    All I saw was a biased opinion on Warlock. You stated like 2 abilities that sentinel has out of many that are unique to him. For example his analysis has many benefits that are unique to Sentinel.

I am happy to admit there are some specific scenarios where Warlock is better (power control for instance). But in many of the general matchups where you are bringing a tech robot Sentinel is going to be just as good of an option as Warlock is. And in some scenarios he is much better. For example war bosses where sentinel’s damage is much more suited to get the solo.

My main point here is that no one can just say Warlock is better than Sentinel, it is absolutely not true. It depends on the matchup as do most champs in this game. I don’t know where the idea that Sentinel is a lesser Warlock came from, because for every matchup where Warlock is better than sentinel, there is a matchup where Sentinel is better than warlock.
    The only bosses where I would choose Sentinel over warlock are Variant 3 bosses that is literally it. Anyone can just say it and I would rather take Warlock for 6.1.5 Cross bones over Sentinel
    I meant war bosses. I bring my r3 Sentinel to war most of the time, and I have videos of both Doom and Thing solos.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Ignoring the fact that Warlock has more versatility and can deal with more matchups for a second, yes, Sentinel is better for certain matches. What really makes Warlock better is the he's the best option for a lot of fights. Sentinel may work better for certain war bosses than Warlock, but Sentinel's nowhere near the best option for those bosses. Warlock is the best option for so, so many fights in Act 6 and in War. The same can't be said for Sentinel other than stuff in V3.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Ignoring the fact that Warlock has more versatility and can deal with more matchups for a second, yes, Sentinel is better for certain matches. What really makes Warlock better is the he's the best option for a lot of fights. Sentinel may work better for certain war bosses than Warlock, but Sentinel's nowhere near the best option for those bosses. Warlock is the best option for so, so many fights in Act 6 and in War. The same can't be said for Sentinel other than stuff in V3.
    You say he’s better for so many fights in war, but really any fight you can do with warlock in war you can also do with sentinel. I bring him to attack nearly every war and there aren’t many fights he can’t do. Which is why he is so great. I don’t buy the argument that warlock is better in more matchups than Sentinel is, it just doesn’t make sense.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Guillone 2099
    Ah yes, the age of "warlock vs sentinel" has begun. All that's left is a thread on the subject matter.

"This is kill_grey reporting from the MCOC forums. Our radar has picked up a recent debate concerning warlock and sentinel. Stay tuned for 'G99 vs. sentinel' coming up in 2 weeks time."
  • Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Did everyone forget ghost?
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

You say he’s better for so many fights in war, but really any fight you can do with warlock in war you can also do with sentinel. I bring him to attack nearly every war and there aren’t many fights he can’t do. Which is why he is so great. I don’t buy the argument that warlock is better in more matchups than Sentinel is, it just doesn’t make sense.
    Havok says hello
    You do know you can fight Havok with anyone right?

Besides champs that deal exclusively energy damage.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Havok says hello
    Why is my Doctor Doom dying then
    Lol just made an edit to my comment saying besides exclusively energy damage champs
  • Options
    Guillone 2099
    Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Havok says hello
    Lol just made an edit to my comment saying besides exclusively energy damage champs
    There is no comment.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Kill_Grey said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Havok says hello
    There is no comment.
    It got sent to that dark place where comments go for moderation.
  • Options
    Spider_x69Spider_x69 Posts: 6
    edited October 2020
    Spider Man Stark Anhanced
    Stark spiderman is the best
    Cause spiderman as a whole is the best, don't @ me
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Did everyone forget ghost?

No, but apparently this is a robot debate post at this point.

I’m sorry all, I really want to like Warlock more than I do, but i just don’t. He takes too long to finish fights and therefore takes too much chip damage in a Cavalier lane, for example. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like G2099 or Sentinel much either. I guess I’m just not a robot lover.
  • Options
    Sentinel
    Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Kill_Grey said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Monke said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Etjama said:

Werewrym said:

Mcdonalds said:

Werewrym said:

I like him too in V3

like?

Havok says hello
    There is no comment.
    It got sent to that dark place where comments go for moderation.
    What if the Havok is stacked? No way you getting past it, also you can’t shock him, otherwise Sentinel is toast
    Like the act 6 Havok? I tried with Sentinel first attempt and got him down under 10% in one go. Never tried again because I pulled Colossus, but it is definitely possible. Just need to not use your shocks or incinerate.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

I actually was using this team while I had colossus in aq. They compliment each other very well. Was so much fun to use in cavalier biohazard path. So much utility

I still don’t like robots, but that’s a cool team. First 5/65 OG Vision I’ve seen.
  • Options
    Guillone 2099
    mbrace said:

Gmonkey said:

I actually was using this team while I had colossus in aq. They compliment each other very well. Was so much fun to use in cavalier biohazard path. So much utility

I still don’t like robots, but that’s a cool team. First 5/65 OG Vision I’ve seen.
    I've actually seen someone in arena with a rank 3 awakened 6* version.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Oh no, not another G99 vs Warlock debate. Let's just let the poll do the talking in this one.

Me: *Joins the chat*
    Me again: *sees G2099 and warlock in the same post*
    Also me: *spams the exit button like my life depends on it*

Amazing...🤣🤣