**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Soundingboard: "Am I burning out, or is the stress to payoff ratio of War too much?"

2»

Comments

• KimilKimil Posts: 84
    Plat 4 alliance here - It's the payoff that's not worth it for me, and a lot of the guys in our alliance.

Having to exclusively use glory for pots is depressing, and now that side-events are rewarding more shards for far, far, far less effort, i don't see the payoff anymore. Even the measly 2% T5CC crsytal that you are 'rewarded' after a full season finishing in p4, you can now just pick up by sauntering around in a 0 energy side event.

We will likely be discussing taking a season or two away from war and switching to AQ, but that's still TBC. I'll be taking a break regardless. Boosting the rewards wouldn't change the fact that war is still a pain-in-the-backside mode, so i'm not saying that's the solution either, and there would have to be a very big boost to the rewards to continue putting myself through it for a month at a time.

• KimilKimil Posts: 84

@Kimil : Running AQ to gain glory and then using glory to buy items to run War, in my opinion, makes ZERO sense. I hope you guys figure it out.

That's about the rub of it... I've let our leader know i'm going after AW season, so i'll be in a recruitment thread near you soon!
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    i switched to an aq only ally after 2ish years in my old ally. it was a hard decision to make coz i made some great friends there but i havent looked back since. i get ~3k glory with minimal effort from my ally. we run map 4,4,3 and its just great to test out new rank ups or champs that i havent played in ages in aq instead of having to lock 3 of my best champs away.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Rewards not upto par in gold region.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    If your in a bracket up to and including gold now, and you recruit, you have to tell people war is not required. Most people find war so bad now they get their 5 in without items leaving us that like war to beg people to join or go down in battlegroups.
  • Leader of a p3/4 ally. The competition is fun, but the item drain isnt. And now, with the fact that champs need hard counters, as one of the war attack planners, it is so stressful finding lanes/counters to niche fights+nodes. It gets really stressful. The rewards just flat out suck. I love the competition, but with the complexity of war, and the item drain in pots, it is really becoming less fun and more like a chore to do. The health pots need a total revamp, to percentage based potion systems. 6k health does nothing to heal a champ. it is a damn pittance. And the cost to heal an r5/r3 champ is effing ridiculous.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I definately agree! No fun. We are in S3-S1 range. Haven't had but maybe two matches that were near fair (regardless of our "true war ratings) one time 3 practically empty maps the next an uphill battle against an alliance twice our size and twice my players experience (based on summoner levels and champs tier and rank) and it goes on and on and on for items I/we can all aquire elsewhere in the game more quickly. So i am definately burned out on it.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I stopped doing wars over a year ago. It just wasn’t for me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. It looks like I'm not alone.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    The biggest problem with AW is that Kabam continually makes it worse. At one time, it was fun. Go into a single war, see if you can beat who you are up again, or, realize you want to take a war off. Rewards were tied to seasons. It wasn't even too long ago that seasons were two months long. Seasons was the first step in the wrong direction. Then came the changing maps. Then came global nodes. Again, each time, they made it worse and continue to do so. But it makes them money at the highest levels, so it won't change in any meaningful (i.e., enjoyable way). I would assume they make some changes to make it better in the future, but it will still be a bad game mode. Like "hey, remember how bad it was? You're welcome that we made it a bit less bad."
    I wonder if having two separate modes would lessen the stress. Non-Seasons could be done for honing up or just for fun. Seasons could be registered for, and continue as a separate competition.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m in a completely different boat where I absolutely love war, I love the challenge, and as someone who’s done all the difficult content, war is where I go for that, but even though it’s one of my favourite modes I agree on a lot of the issues, rewards are the biggest, they always seem to be upgraded to relevance then a new wave of stuff comes in and they’re meh again. My other huge issue with war is cheating alliances, I mean I’m sure most of us all know maide, they’re blatantly modding in front of everyone’s faces, and they aren’t even subtle about it (the ally they faced today they took dragon man on 53, who’s a robot, using omega) and they’ve been doing this for multiple seasons with nothing done about it, and it’s hugely demoralising when you’re using boosts, spending an hour planning paths and trying your hardest only to get screwed over by a cheating alliance, and to have kabam fo nothing about it
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Lvernon15 said:

I’m in a completely different boat where I absolutely love war, I love the challenge, and as someone who’s done all the difficult content, war is where I go for that, but even though it’s one of my favourite modes I agree on a lot of the issues, rewards are the biggest, they always seem to be upgraded to relevance then a new wave of stuff comes in and they’re meh again. My other huge issue with war is cheating alliances, I mean I’m sure most of us all know maide, they’re blatantly modding in front of everyone’s faces, and they aren’t even subtle about it (the ally they faced today they took dragon man on 53, who’s a robot, using omega) and they’ve been doing this for multiple seasons with nothing done about it, and it’s hugely demoralising when you’re using boosts, spending an hour planning paths and trying your hardest only to get screwed over by a cheating alliance, and to have kabam fo nothing about it

Pretty sure i experienced a cheater today. Took down a dragon man boss with stubborn and ended the fight with about 30% more hp then what they entered in with. Fyi they used void.
    Lvernon15 said:

I definitely love War. Have since it began. I'm just feeling like something is not balancing out in terms of stress vs. Rewards, and I think there's been a great deal of focus on making it more challenging, but not so much on making it adequately motivating. There was a time when the Rewards lined up with where Players were at, but I'd love to do a Poll on what progress level people are at vs. the Brackets they're getting in War. I suspect that people are earning much larger Rewards in other areas than they are War, and with that experience, it leaves it feeling less worth it.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    AW was not great but not so painful without tactics. Tactics have made them unbearable, complicated, stressful and a resource drain. I enjoy not having to play AW above tier6. AQ can be repetitive but the payoff is fantastic. AW rewards are not even close.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I have a love hate relationship with AW. I like that the challenge but there are just some not so enjoyable nodes, item usage and now repetitiveness of fighting same champs over n over again. The rewards are meh so not really motivating enough.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

I just wanted to get a sense of how other people feel, and I'm cool with the possibility of it being a ME problem. I'm just feeling like War has become more work than enjoyment for the month-long effort. I'm not in a Top Alliance, and I'm quite aware. I'm finding it incredibly frustrating between the AI behavior that leaves less-than-perfect penalties, and the overall Rewards for putting in a month's worth of work. To be more specific, we're in the S1 - Gold 3 range. Lately the latter, but it's not so much about the Rank for me. It's the lack of incentive to push further down our end. I'm really not trying to come off as a complaint. I'm just feeling a deficiency somewhere and I'm wondering if other people are feeling it's not so much worth it where they're at as well. It feels like there are many people earning higher Rewards elsewhere, and the stress is more than what yields a team activity enjoyment. I think there's been so much emphasis on making it a challenging competition that the only real rewarding enjoyment is seen at the top, and it's more stress than anything further down. I don't know what the solution is, other than it might be time for me to take a break. I'm not leaving my guys, we're a team. I just wondered if people felt the same way.

You don't have to play wars. You can find an ally that doesn't. Not all content is for all people.
    Zuko_ILC said:

I just wanted to get a sense of how other people feel, and I'm cool with the possibility of it being a ME problem. I'm just feeling like War has become more work than enjoyment for the month-long effort. I'm not in a Top Alliance, and I'm quite aware. I'm finding it incredibly frustrating between the AI behavior that leaves less-than-perfect penalties, and the overall Rewards for putting in a month's worth of work. To be more specific, we're in the S1 - Gold 3 range. Lately the latter, but it's not so much about the Rank for me. It's the lack of incentive to push further down our end. I'm really not trying to come off as a complaint. I'm just feeling a deficiency somewhere and I'm wondering if other people are feeling it's not so much worth it where they're at as well. It feels like there are many people earning higher Rewards elsewhere, and the stress is more than what yields a team activity enjoyment. I think there's been so much emphasis on making it a challenging competition that the only real rewarding enjoyment is seen at the top, and it's more stress than anything further down. I don't know what the solution is, other than it might be time for me to take a break. I'm not leaving my guys, we're a team. I just wondered if people felt the same way.

You don't have to play wars. You can find an ally that doesn't. Not all content is for all people.
    I don't have to play it IN my Ally if I want. Just asking how other people felt.

Play something else if you dont like it.
    Nobody here would miss the whining or the pontificating
    You resurrected this Thread for that?