**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I am amazed at this months side quest

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
Not only are the nodes ridiculously difficult but the boosts that are supposed to help us actually make things worse . Wow . Brilliant idea . It’s like Kabam saw how much we loved last months side quest and decided why not do the opposite

Comments

• shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Me: *laughs in ghost, Claire and G99*

Groot > G2099
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Monke said:

If you can’t do it, then don’t
    Last month was the best month ever and I highly doubt @Kabam Miike will drop another event as good as that one

Why are you tagging the dude ? And it’s one thing for it to be difficult but a whole other thing when the boosts who are supposed to help you sabotage you
    I think that's the purpose of the boost your making a deal with the devil so you can't expect it to just be all plus.

I like the concept of that but ultimately kinda useless. I ignore them and just work through immune champs.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

JessieS said:

Monke said:

If you can’t do it, then don’t
    Last month was the best month ever and I highly doubt @Kabam Miike will drop another event as good as that one

Why are you tagging the dude ? And it’s one thing for it to be difficult but a whole other thing when the boosts who are supposed to help you sabotage you
    I think that's the purpose of the boost your making a deal with the devil so you can't expect it to just be all plus.

I like the concept of that but ultimately kinda useless. I ignore them and just work through immune champs.
    I am doing the same . Thankfully I got Doom, G99 and a few others but it’s still so stupid . At the very least they shouldn’t have restricted the champions to three so that people even without immune champs can power through . But nasty nodes, sabotaged boosts and a three member restriction z? Dumbest idea I have seen till now
  • Benreilly75Benreilly75 Posts: 10
    Yeah this side quest in second in the pieces of trash list, just after modok island
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I actually enjoy this side quest since last month was boring even with the massive rewards. I use the Shock Boost with Human Torch for reverse healing and Poison Boost with Sorcerer Supreme for unli power.
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    I honestly haven't done much of the side quest. Smashed out 3 difficulties on the main event quest though
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I think those boosts are pretty darn genius with how they let you trade one hinderance for another it’s just a shame champs like ghost ignore the whole concept so why would you bother too think about any strategy at all. Next time maybe make the DoT effects passives.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I think those boosts are pretty darn genius with how they let you trade one hinderance for another it’s just a shame champs like ghost ignore the whole concept so why would you bother too think about any strategy at all. Next time maybe make the DoT effects passives.

I just spend the currency on keys nowadays. Haven't even looked at the boosts because I already have the counters I need.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It adds a level of challenge with the DoT. Otherwise Willpower would kick in.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

It adds a level of challenge with the DoT. Otherwise Willpower would kick in.

It’s not like you’d walk through those paths because you have will power turned on though.

I can understand the argument for the path nodes, but it’s a little unnecessary on the boss IMO.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I use AA if they can be bled or poisoned bc he shuts the node down. Some of them are disabled by applying bleed or poison anyway. You'll take damage but if you don't get hit you'll be fine.

Otherwise I use Surfer bc the debuffs allow me to not care about his buff rotation, it's great. Or Havok is good for the shock path, constant plasma detonations. Poison and Caltrops is just any immune or AA shuts down Caltrops.
    I like this month. The 2* arena, M&H crystals (5* VtD dupe and Ultron so far with some 3*, 2* Green Goblin!) and I get to use Surfer
  • Blaine_94Blaine_94 Posts: 31
    JessieS said:

Not only are the nodes ridiculously difficult but the boosts that are supposed to help us actually make things worse . Wow . Brilliant idea . It’s like Kabam saw how much we loved last months side quest and decided why not do the opposite

There are 4 different difficulties, if you aren't able to do Legendary, do Epic or Master. Where is the problem? Honestly I think it's very easy compared with respective difficulties of EQ
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Blaine_94 said:

JessieS said:

There are 4 different difficulties, if you aren't able to do Legendary, do Epic or Master. Where is the problem? Honestly I think it's very easy compared with respective difficulties of EQ
    I said several times what the problem is and why I think it’s a badly constructed side quest . If you like it good for you but I don’t and I am pretty sure I am not alone in my dislike hence this negative feedback post
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

The point of this quest is to be like Hell, which it is.

Now the Legendary difficulty is reasonable, players post-cavalier should have enough counters, especially if they are in Act 6.3 or further.

What I dont get is the Epic diff. That should be for UC-Cav players (so 5.3&4). And I dont realistically think those have enough counters.

Epic is actually pretty easy. I’m uncollected and I’ve cleared most of legendary difficulty and compared to that epic is pretty easy.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    except the caltrops path team of nick fury cmm and human torch decimates the remaining paths....nick and cmm even shruggs the healblock when activating lmd and binary ignition respectively...plus cmm builds her charges superfast and goes indestructible for a long time enough to KO the opponent...
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Me: *Laughs in Warlock, Quake, Claire, Havok on shock paths (uber fun), and CMM who enters binary in 2 seconds on all but 2 of the nodes.*
  • Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    You know a side quest is bad when your motivation to do it is for the 1*/rare 2* crystals... Starting to wonder if I should save my time and finish the objective by buying the cheaper monster and hunters crystals cause the grandmaster ones are only giving me 3*s anyway
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Bawa69 said:

except the caltrops path team of nick fury cmm and human torch decimates the remaining paths....nick and cmm even shruggs the healblock when activating lmd and binary ignition respectively...plus cmm builds her charges superfast and goes indestructible for a long time enough to KO the opponent...

You can shrug the heal block with Nick way before that by just throwing a special or heavy
  • CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 945 ★★★
    You just need a Silver Surfer and a Robot
    Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Me: *Laughs in Warlock, Quake, Claire, Havok on shock paths (uber fun), and CMM who enters binary in 2 seconds on all but 2 of the nodes.*
    I have all those at rank 4 5* and above as well. 🙂 But in place of your Warlock, Hyperion slaughters the poison paths for me.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

I have all those at rank 4 5* and above as well. 🙂 But in place of your Warlock, Hyperion slaughters the poison paths for me.
    Hyperion isn't ranked up just yet tho, and I feel like I'm forgetting someone... 🤔