**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should "hybrid classes" be a thing?

H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
edited October 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
For a long time looking at the roster of champions in MCOC I feel like some champs deserve to be hybrid classes based on their traits as a character such as the newest character Comic Ghost Rider. I feel Cosmic Ghost Rider could've been half Mystic half Cosmic which would tie nicely into his lore like many other characters too; I made a poll of the hybrid classes I think deserve to be real. 👌🏾 (Mutant/Mystic you can take a wild guess who that could be for 😏💪🏾)

Should "hybrid classes" be a thing? 11 votes

Science/Mystic
9%
Rubbix 1 vote
Mystic/Cosmic
45%
DretlleChikelNameless_IWMichelemako96NuclearOrk 5 votes
Tech/Science
9%
Newlinstheory 1 vote
Tech/Skill
9%
Gardener 1 vote
Skill/Science
0%
Mutant/Mystic
27%
Matt_louNogood22avenge_123 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Tech/mystic for g99
    Tech/science for Ghost
    Cosmic/skill for Karnak
    Etc
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I think yes, but how would class advantages work? Would you have to use two class catalysts?
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    @DrZola Isn't Karnak an Inhuman? So technically he should be Cosmic/Skill
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

He is. Which makes some sense, given his comic origins. In game he’s the only champ to require cats of two classes, which is an anomaly.

It would be interesting if he could have the advantages over both Tech and Science classes. Might help him out a little.

Dr. Zola
    @TheBair123 I think either of both would be fine, it would only need to be eithier one because the champ is technically both them so it wouldn't matter
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

@TheBair123 I think either of both would be fine, it would only need to be eithier one because the champ is technically both them so it wouldn't matter

Well like in the case of Karnak, he is technically a skill champ, but needs 2 class catalysts to rank him up. You would assume that then he would be stronger than other champs, but he's not.
    @DrZola Never knew that, that's pretty dope ngl

@DrZola Never knew that, that's pretty dope ngl

👍

Dr. Zola
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    With the way it works with Karnak, it would just hurt using 2 different catalyst types.

The "hybrid" would be also be its own class. Are there enough champions that would fit into said hybrid classes to deem it worthwhile? How would it affect the class advantage and disadvantage system? It would be quite complicated and I don't think Kabam want to get themselves into it.
  • JamesPuffJamesPuff Posts: 55
    I don’t know if it should be part of the game, but there are definitely champs where this would apply.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Y’all really forgetting about the Mystic/Mutant Unstoppable Colossus?

Well like in the case of Karnak, he is technically a skill champ, but needs 2 class catalysts to rank him up. You would assume that then he would be stronger than other champs, but he's not.
    No I wouldn't, he's solid but not insanely strong
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

He is. Which makes some sense, given his comic origins. In game he’s the only champ to require cats of two classes, which is an anomaly.

It would be interesting if he could have the advantages over both Tech and Science classes. Might help him out a little.

Dr. Zola
    doesn't uc also need two classes?

With the way it works with Karnak, it would just hurt using 2 different catalyst types.

The "hybrid" would be also be its own class. Are there enough champions that would fit into said hybrid classes to deem it worthwhile? How would it affect the class advantage and disadvantage system? It would be quite complicated and I don't think Kabam want to get themselves into it.

Good points, I feel like theres a way for it not to be too complicated but overall it's a pretty cool concept
    edited October 2020

😁👍🏾👏🏾
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Yes.

Give me my little Symbiote back with class advantage against everything else. Does that count as Hybrid? ;-)
    Terra said:

How will people know of it when nobody ranks him :D
    It's kinda just common sense looking at UC basically
    WOLF_LINK said:

Yes.

Give me my little Symbiote back with class advantage against everything else. Does that count as Hybrid? ;-)

😂🤙🏾
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Good points, I feel like theres a way for it not to be too complicated but overall it's a pretty cool concept
    Yeah it would be cool, and I'm sure if Kabam sat down and tried to figure it out, there could be a way around it. But I doubt they would invest time into it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Yes.

Well, Universal Class is technically every class at once since it had class advantage against everyone, no?
  • There are more for sure.... Agent Venom comes to mind...
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    No thanks
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Tech/mystic for g99
    Tech/science for Ghost
    Cosmic/skill for Karnak
    Etc

The difference between Science and Technology is splitting hairs in all honesty. Both intertwine at some point.
    And advanced enough science can be magic to some and viseversa to some

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Does he? I thought he just threw off two classes of iso when duped. But I don’t use him at all.

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Does he? I thought he just threw off two classes of iso when duped. But I don’t use him at all.

Dr. Zola
    oh. I guess I'll go cry now
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They tried that with karnak, when he was first released he was skill/mystic. You had to have skill and mystic cats to raise him. It was a dumb idea then and still is!
    Rap said:

. It was a dumb idea then and still is!

so was your *ir**