**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Case for Morgan Le Fay

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
So, Kabam is letting us choose a champion. This is new. We have 8 options:

Okoye
Hercules
Morbius
Dazzler
Blue Marvel
Omega Sentinel
Ironheart
Morgan Le Fay

Now, clearly, I am advocating for Morgan Le Fay. So here, I want to present my case. Seriously this time. I’m going to look at potential class and abilities when making a judgement here.

Morgan:

Let’s start with Morgan. Clearly, she will be a mystic champion, I don’t think there is much argument over this. This is her only potential weakness since we have other classes that need more love. However, mystic still has the 2nd lowest number of champions in the class, tied with tech. Only science is lower. But we have lots of good mystic champs, something skill and tech are both somewhat lacking in.

So, do I think Morgan can justify being another mystic in a stacked class? She would have to bring something unique to the class, and indeed the game. Well, yes. Let’s move into some of her potential abilities to explore this further.

Firstly, she could be an absolute tank. She has access to healing powers, is immortal, and can generate mystical force shields. This could make her a great questing champ if implemented, especially any sort of regen. Oh yeah, and she can resurrect herself. Maybe like Claire’s but actually useful?

Her second major power is mind control. This is a mechanic that was recently introduced with Professor X, and since mystics are often great power controllers, I think we could see this ramped to the max on Morgan as an alternative way to manage power. On Prof X it’s more to carry his rotation. Here it could be implemented as a legitimate way of dominating the opponent, hopefully, with some sort of power drain mechanic.

Morgan also has great mastery over mystical power and can use it to shoot mystical bolts. She can also access a wide variety of spells and enchantments. I would hope this would translate to applying various debuffs to the opponent through spells, maybe even buffing herself. Her mystical bolts could give access to shock and hopefully some meaty damage.

Not to mention, she can also cast illusions, possibly giving her access to a miss mechanic, can resurrect the dead, and grant powers to others. This could give her some very interesting team synergies for mystics like Prof X does for mutants. Maybe providing a cheat death as well as other benefits? Maybe a vote for Morgan is a vote for a mystic wide class buff.

She has a few other abilities like time travel and transmutation, but I don’t think these would make it into the game.

Oh, and did I mention she can shapeshift? Yeah, she can shapeshift. How does a T-rex shooting purple bolts from its tiny arms sound? Incredible, yes I know.

Which, brings me onto my final point in favour of Morgan. The potential animations. Mystics are known for having incredible animations, and I think Morgan would be no different. I’m envisaging Claire Voyant level spells, CGR levels of mystical bolts, plus a rampage of dinos and unicorns in the SP3. Pure speculation of course, but then again, everything is surrounding this.

Now, I want to examine some of her competitors and show why Morgan might be a better pick than them.

Hercules:

I imagine Hercules would be cosmic or skill, I’m not versed enough in his lore to determine which. And look, He’s probably going win this thing.

But here is why he shouldn’t. First of all, as we can see, Hercules is a very popular character. If he didn’t win and wasn’t coming until at least 2022, I can almost guarantee you he comes in 2022.

Secondly, I just don’t think he would make for a very interesting champion based off of his powers. Mainly it’s durability and strength. Now, while this might lead to some big yellow numbers and good sustainability, I find it doubtful he would have much in the ways of utility. I don’t see any potential immunity. Maybe to bleed, but I’m not sure on that one. I know he is resistant to bullets. Aside from that, maybe an armour break, trauma, concussion maybe? And while those certainly have their uses, there are no real uses for that in a lot of meaningful content. Of course, Kabam could design him however they wanted, but since this is all the information we have to go off, this is what they should be evaluated on.

Finally, I’ve seen the argument that we have a lack of skill champs. And that is absolutely true. But remember that mystic drought]ht we had a while back everyone complained about, and now we’re on our 6th Mystic. I’m honestly expecting something like that to happen with science or skill next year and considering Daredevil is getting buffed in December, my bet is on skill

I also just really don’t like Hercules. The design just isn’t interesting to me. Wow. Muscly man. Never seen that before.

But have you ever seen a dinosaur beating the living s*** out of the grandmaster? Well, you maybe could if you vote Morgan.

Okoye:

I’m actually not opposed to this too much since I’m a big Black Panther fan, but to me, she has many of the same issues as Hercules. I just don’t see what they could give her outside of a really pokey stick. I would be more excited by the fact that Shuri could potentially come with her, but of course, we have no idea how the second champ that month would work

Morbius:

Okay, look I get it. Everyone likes Morbius. He’s a vampire. Would probably be a science champ, which we are sorely lacking. Could have some really interesting life steal abilities.

However, the thing that makes me very hesitant about anyone voting Morbius is that like Hercules, He’s almost guaranteed to come sooner rather than later. Probably October 2022 if I was a betting man. And I know that might seem far away, but ask yourself, if Morgan or Omega sentinel don’t win the vote, it could be 3, 4, even 5 years before we see them. I think it’s much better to lend more obscure characters our vote rather than champs we know are going to come at some point in the near future.

Dazzler:

In the immortal words of Wanda, No More Mutants. We’ll get at least 2 events with mutants next year anyway. The class is that stacked it really can’t handle any more bangers. And let’s be honest, the mutants released next year are probably going to be very good. Cool character, but wholly unnecessary, Had this been before Prof X and Apocalypse I could see the argument, but I think we all need a bit of a cool off from mutants right now.

Blue Marvel:

Science champ. Need those. Could be interesting. But he’s not going to win. From the early polls, that seems fairly obvious. So, let’s do some tactical voting. If you vote for Blue Marvel, you are essentially wasting your vote. In fact, any Ironheart and Dazzler voters, listen to this as well. You don’t stand a chance of winning. That’s the somewhat unfortunate reality. So, lend you support to a champ that has a chance of winning. No point of giving it to Hercules, that’s essentially wasted too since I expect him to have a surplus. That leaves you with Morgan, Okoye, Morbius (although this could be surplus too) or Omega sentinel. I hope I can convince you to lend your meaningful vote to Morgan.

Omega Sentinel:

I actually have no issues with this. Tech class needs some love, could bring some really interesting abilities and the animations could be top-notch, plus like Morgan, the character design is excellent. And it’s an Indian character, who we need more of considering the hue Indian following this game has. This has a close second for me, and if Morgan gets knocked out and OS remains, you can expect another one of these for her.

Ironheart:

Literally just less interesting than Omega Sentinel. It’s another Iron Man we don’t need. All the objective reasons to choose Ironheart are eclipsed by Omega Sentinel. But Morgan is just more interesting as well.

And there we have, why you should vote Morgan when the poll rolls around. Ultimately I know it will come down to subjective opinions and whoever the YouTubers lend their support to, but I would feel bad if I didn’t at least try. See you at the polls on November 9th. Americans, get to the polls on Nov 3rd unless you’re postal voting. I don’t care who you vote for (even though I absolutely do) but participating in democracy is important. And that applies to this vote too. No matter who you vote for on Nov 9th, at least vote. That’s the only way we’ll get an opportunity like this again.

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I wAnT tO sEe SeNtRy VeRsUs MoRgAn lE fAy!
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Is this some sort of comic reference I don’t understand?
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    youve earned my vote unless I hear something more compelling.

in a similar vein, I hope more people do this for champs they like or want to win. it would be awesome to see everyone's ideas on these champs
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I mean, she will have to have some kind of vulnerability to #metal champs, unfortunately, and a gross romance synergy with Doom (who needs that?). But otherwise she’s great.
  • Options
    If she comes with the trex that's in her pic then it is automatically a vote from me
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'm voting for her if Omega Sentinel gets knocked out. But Omega Sentinel could be so dope and also a Tech champ which we need. Just anyone but IronHeart. ANYONE. I'll even take Dazzler, another freakin Mutant champ for Christ's sake.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Well written man!
    Good on you determining Blue Marvel is a Science champ & not a Cosmic champ (I think there's a misconception going around that he's the latter).
    And you're right in saying that votes would be wasted on him, Dazzler & Iron Heart (although a lot of backup votes are going to Blue Marvel, so I wouldn't count him out just yet).
    Unfortunately I see Morgan as too similar to BWCV & Sorcerer Supreme (cheat death & regen? come on). But if they tap properly into Celtic lore & magic we could see a really interesting medieval take on this character.
    But realistically, Omega Sentinel is probably the best option out of all:
    1) Tech, which needs love
    2) Animations will be on point (but they will probably crash @SpideyFunko 's phone)
    3) She could potentially be stacked in terms of design & mechanics
    So yeah, lend your vote to Omega Sentinel y'all!
  • Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Great writeup. Was going to vote Morbius and had Omega Sentinel as a backup, I think I'll end up voting Omega Sentinel.
    Morgan Le Fay would be awesome, it's just that the Mystic class has gotten a massive, massive buff in the past year with LS, Mojo, Doom, Sorc and more entering the Contest. While she may be special and new and have all sorts of wacky abilities, I think it's time for other classes to get some love.
    Anyway, I agree with your points about Okoye. Ironheart, Blue Marvel, Hercules and Dazzler; imo, they just aren't as interesting as the others.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I voted for her within 20 minutes of the announcement.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Yes. Yes it is
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I got your back, Rocky! I'll be voting for Morgan too
  • Options

I got your back, Rocky! I'll be voting for Morgan too

I knew I could count on you.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes. Yes it is
    That explains it then.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes. Yes it is
    That explains it then.
    Yeah, sentry kinda ripped her in half once upon a time...
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes. Yes it is
    That explains it then.
    Oh. Well I doubt that would happen in this game unless sentry got the rework he deserves
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I'm still gonna vote for OS as far as she goes, but Le Fey would be probably my second choice (or Okoye, even tho I would rather see Shuri)
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Yes. Yes it is
    That explains it then.
    She got better, tho.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    @Rockypantherx i didn’t even notice you made this thread until I was reading the comments😂 but thank you for doing so. I didn’t really know much about most of the options until now. I do agree that Hercules would be no fun even though a lot of people like him and him and morbius will most likely be added soon. I also agree that dazzler, ironheart, and maybe blue marvel wont get many votes and I personally don’t like any of them. I’m leaning towards Okoye because I think she’d be cool and we have a lot of mystics but you’ve convinced me into the things I said about the other people and Morgan being my second choice.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

@Rockypantherx i didn’t even notice you made this thread until I was reading the comments😂 but thank you for doing so. I didn’t really know much about most of the options until now. I do agree that Hercules would be no fun even though a lot of people like him and him and morbius will most likely be added soon. I also agree that dazzler, ironheart, and maybe blue marvel wont get many votes and I personally don’t like any of them. I’m leaning towards Okoye because I think she’d be cool and we have a lot of mystics but you’ve convinced me into the things I said about the other people and Morgan being my second choice.

See the thing about okoye is that I’m not entirely sure what she would bring to a roster. Nothing about her screams ‘unique and interesting mechanic’, which is really what a champ needs these days to be viable. Just my two cents though
  • Options
    NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Alright so Im here to defend Blue Marvel.

Now as much as I am interested in Morgan, we have had quite a few mystics this years, and there is still a chance we’ll see another in Dec.

Im over mystics as it is right now and would like for love for Science champs.

(Sorta a disclaimer or something)
    And yeah we can visualize the potential animation style and the kind of powers they’ll have in game, but we can’t really think about that, be don’t know what Kabam will do with these champs. That being said........ im gonna give my best defence of him to my best knowledge of him since I dont know too much.

Blue Marvel:

The reason I am much more interested in seeing Blue Marvel over Morgan is that, This dude for sure a power house and Id like to some more champs like that for the new year.

Sure morgan has some awesome potential for spell usage, so we could so more mystics with Cyttorak tie in’s that’d be awesome.

Defense:

But this guys has such a great durability and strength levels compared to Morgan......of course she is more of a sorceress herself and close to DR Strange’s level of sorcery( even tho current MCOC dr.strange is pretty lame now, she could turn out the same way.)

Blue Marvel has had some great feats, being fights with Hulk, Sentry, and wonderman. ....Sentry being the most notable punching him into orbit...although sentry came back pretty soon of course with Blue. Marvel tired out and passed out.(and again Sentry in mcoc in bleh and not really amusing, but Blue Marvel could have the peak idk..... and still if Sentey had his mind stable he hands down beats Blue Marvel but anyways.)

He has also fought and defeated King Hyperion, who we have(not king Hyperion, but Hyperion who is still incredibly powerful.)

He can handle explosions within 5 ft, and more or less be unfazed from it.

Animations:

Now being honest animation wise, it’d probably be fairly simple, you know
    A mix of Hyperion and Guardian/Nova special attacks
    Or maybe a mix of Sentry basic atks and again Guardian/nova sp attacks.

But yeah I can see how Morgan’s animations woukd be so much more interesting.

But anyways thats my def for him,
    BUT if there are any people who Know more about Moragn to counter mine...PLEASE DO
    Its wasnt a huge defense but, one i wanted to do anyways :lol::lol:

Im always interested in having marvel comparison talks haha
  • Options

Alright so Im here to defend Blue Marvel.

Now as much as I am interested in Morgan, we have had quite a few mystics this years, and there is still a chance we’ll see another in Dec.

Im over mystics as it is right now and would like for love for Science champs.

(Sorta a disclaimer or something)
    And yeah we can visualize the potential animation style and the kind of powers they’ll have in game, but we can’t really think about that, be don’t know what Kabam will do with these champs. That being said........ im gonna give my best defence of him to my best knowledge of him since I dont know too much.

Blue Marvel:

The reason I am much more interested in seeing Blue Marvel over Morgan is that, This dude for sure a power house and Id like to some more champs like that for the new year.

Sure morgan has some awesome potential for spell usage, so we could so more mystics with Cyttorak tie in’s that’d be awesome.

Defense:

But this guys has such a great durability and strength levels compared to Morgan......of course she is more of a sorceress herself and close to DR Strange’s level of sorcery( even tho current MCOC dr.strange is pretty lame now, she could turn out the same way.)

Blue Marvel has had some great feats, being fights with Hulk, Sentry, and wonderman. ....Sentry being the most notable punching him into orbit...although sentry came back pretty soon of course with Blue. Marvel tired out and passed out.(and again Sentry in mcoc in bleh and not really amusing, but Blue Marvel could have the peak idk..... and still if Sentey had his mind stable he hands down beats Blue Marvel but anyways.)

He has also fought and defeated King Hyperion, who we have(not king Hyperion, but Hyperion who is still incredibly powerful.)

He can handle explosions within 5 ft, and more or less be unfazed from it.

Animations:

Now being honest animation wise, it’d probably be fairly simple, you know
    A mix of Hyperion and Guardian/Nova special attacks
    Or maybe a mix of Sentry basic atks and again Guardian/nova sp attacks.

But yeah I can see how Morgan’s animations woukd be so much more interesting.

But anyways thats my def for him,
    BUT if there are any people who Know more about Moragn to counter mine...PLEASE DO
    Its wasnt a huge defense but, one i wanted to do anyways :lol::lol:

Im always interested in having marvel comparison talks haha

See I would be inclined to agree with you, but I think the unfortunate fact is that blue marvel support does not seem to be widespread from the poll on here, discord servers or Twitter. I’m of the opinion that blue marvel, iron heart and dazzler voters should probably vote tactically for another champ to avoid wasting their vote, and then they stand a chance of getting their 2nd or their choice rather than their 4th, 5th or 8th
  • Options
    @Rockypantherx nah I get that
    But for most polls neither is Morgan

Id say most votes are likely to go towards

Morbius, Okoye, Or Omega Sentinel

Morbius getting the more popular vote most likely
  • Options
    But hey gotta make a case for someone you like right? Hahahaha
  • Options
    OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    I'm voting for sandman.
  • Options
    @Etjama yeah i saw that just now, that just completely puzzled me😂😂😂
  • Options

@Rockypantherx nah I get that
    But for most polls neither is Morgan

Id say most votes are likely to go towards

Morbius, Okoye, Or Omega Sentinel

Morbius getting the more popular vote most likely

If I had to predict how it’s going to go:

Okoye, Hercules, Omega sentinel and morbius get through the first round

Morbius and Hercules in the second round

Morbius wind because everyone that didn’t vote Hercules immediately seems to hate him to we rally behind morbius

However, I think if I and the rest of the Morgan supporters play this right, we can pull it off. It’s going to require some strategic and probably reckless moves, but it will be worth it