**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Feedback on the new in game alliance notification tool (Poke, etc.)

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
I'd personally prefer it if it was two steps to poke a player instead of two steps to view the identity, team and health/item status of the player. Tapping on a players icon has always been a way to first identify which player it is.. while also checking the status of their team/items. Now it's become a two step process. While I have nothing against the Poke feature, it would be my preference if one tap still opened the player info screen and the poke button was inside that screen instead of an option to view player info or poke upon first tap. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think the number of agrees on your post says it all, but yes I would like this
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If the poke feature were more useful than it is the two step identification would be less annoying.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Also, the way I see it, you won't often even know which player it is until you've completed the two steps to identify them. So how would you know if in fact you want to poke whoever the 1 icon belongs to... Now if you are a long time member or an officer you may know the identity of the player by which lane they are on. If you are familiar with everyone's assignments. Though, often someone may be standing at a teleport or intersection.. there's no real way to confirm who they are before poking.

Would be much smoother imo if the poke option was simply inserted into the player info screen.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Also, the way I see it, you won't often even know which player it is until you've completed the two steps to identify them. So how would you know if in fact you want to poke whoever the 1 icon belongs to... Now if you are a long time member or an officer you may know the identity of the player by which lane they are on. If you are familiar with everyone's assignments. Though, often someone may be standing at a teleport or intersection.. there's no real way to confirm who they are before poking.

Would be much smoother imo if the poke option was simply inserted into the player info screen.

That's not true, there are two icons when you click on them. One will poke, the other will identify. But it's unnecessary. Click should be same as it ever was, and then you could have the option to poke.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited November 2020
    Similar, (as well as being able to POKE while viewing a different BG than your own)...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/232562/the-new-poke-system#latest

Also would be good if they added ONLINE STATUS (Green Dot) to the BG Roster Status view of both AQ/AW (instead of having to pull up Alliance List from under the Friends List on left corner and then refer back to who is actually in that BG).
  • Options

That's not true, there are two icons when you click on them. One will poke, the other will identify. But it's unnecessary. Click should be same as it ever was, and then you could have the option to poke.
    Right, one tap to open the "poke or view" options. Then another tap to choose view. (2 steps) Remember, you still don't know the identity of the player when this "poke or view" option comes up. You have to view, then back out and repeat if you wish to poke now knowing their identity? Seems clunky. Though what caused me to post about it is when I realized as a bg leader how often I actually tapped the player icons to assess status/position of the players. It's a lot to click twice each time. Especially if you have large fingers and don't want to accidentally poke while simply trying to check status/identity of player icon.
  • Options
    taonesstaoness Posts: 16

I'd personally prefer it if it was two steps to poke a player instead of two steps to view the identity, team and health/item status of the player. Tapping on a players icon has always been a way to first identify which player it is.. while also checking the status of their team/items. Now it's become a two step process. While I have nothing against the Poke feature, it would be my preference if one tap still opened the player info screen and the poke button was inside that screen instead of an option to view player info or poke upon first tap. Anyone agree?

this.