**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hardest act 6 boss?

Comments

• Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    6.2.6 Champion

The hardest part about the Champion fight originally was how badly it punished any mistakes due to the attack rating and block penetration. If you didn't absolutely nail everything there was a good chance you were dead.

Oh so it was like you had to play like a God the entire time
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

The hardest part about the Champion fight originally was how badly it punished any mistakes due to the attack rating and block penetration. If you didn't absolutely nail everything there was a good chance you were dead.

Don't know about God but you definitely had to be far more consistent than in any other fight I can recall. That on top of the last 10% being pass/fail so you either beat the fight or started it all over so there was no chipping him down from that point. It's the only fight we've had in the game that actually required any skill as far as I can remember. Basically any other fight you could eventually just chip down. With the champion you either got it completely right or just never got through the end
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    6.2.6 Champion

Gardener said:

Don't know about God but you definitely had to be far more consistent than in any other fight I can recall. That on top of the last 10% being pass/fail so you either beat the fight or started it all over so there was no chipping him down from that point. It's the only fight we've had in the game that actually required any skill as far as I can remember. Basically any other fight you could eventually just chip down. With the champion you either got it completely right or just never got through the end
    Did you like the fight because it required skill or hated it.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Did you like the fight because it required skill or hated it.
    It was pretty rough at first. Did my initial clear with R4 5* MS and R1 6* Sym Supreme. After a few passes and learning how to get through the last 10% without just sitting there and tanking blocked hits, I actually really enjoyed it outside the no retreat fight
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    6.3.5 Mysterio
    HSS75 said:

unless u have quake that fight really hits hard

Void: *exists*
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

HSS75 said:

Ghost and Doom: *exists*
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Grandmaster...
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    6.3.5 Mysterio

Kill_Grey said:

HSS75 said:

Ghost and Doom: *exists*

Kill_Grey said:

HSS75 said:

other viable options *exist*
    Class gates, and other horrendous path fights: *exist*
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    6.2.5 Mordo
    Lvernon15 said:

Hardest in tens of a skill based challenge, champ, hardest in terms of worst design horrific nodes and cash grabby bs, mordo

Really? I found Grandmaster to be much more of a skill based challenge than The Champion.
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    6.3.5 Mysterio
    Pre-nerf version
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

Hardest in tens of a skill based challenge, champ, hardest in terms of worst design horrific nodes and cash grabby bs, mordo

Really? I found Grandmaster to be much more of a skill based challenge than The Champion.
    I found grandmaster the easier of the 2, though I haven’t fought the champ much post nerf
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

Pre-nerf, the Champ was harder. Especially with No Retreat.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    6.2.6 Champion
    After seeing a bunch of comments about how hard mordo is, I was absolutely terrified going against him. One revive for magneto to avoid strength in numbers and another for my r4 wasp later and he was down. And I was very shocked.
  • Options
    6.2.5 Mordo

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

With no retreat, I can totally understand. But was pre-nerfed Champion really that rough? Can't say I've experienced him, but it looked to me like it was just about avoiding blocked hits and needing the right spacing on the Sp1 dex. I've always dexed the very first hit of his Sp1 whenever I've fought him and have never needed to take any block damage for the dex. I barely even parried the nerfed version when I fought him.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    6.2.5 Mordo
    Why is The Grandmaster not an option? It's 10000% him post-nerf.
  • Options
    Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 193 ★★
    edited November 2020
    If u r going for 1st completion run chances are u will spend most units of grandmaster fight and champion fight
    Champion lot better thn before but still requires u to be focused on top of game
    Grandmaster fight just takes getting used to one u have done it u will find it easier and easier while exploring
    All other bosses have very good counters now
    Red mag for dark hawk
    Ghost of mordo capiw n few more
    Quake for lot
    Etc.

Edit: apologies for spelling mistakes
  • Options
    ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    6.2.5 Mordo

Kill_Grey said:

HSS75 said:

other viable options *exist*
    Absurd Mordo boss Nodes : Surprise
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    If we look at it from a perspective of first time encounter without knowing what we know now, etc... It's gotta go to The Champion. Especially with no retreat. I also found Burden of Might combined with Prove Yourself pretty brutal as well:)
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    6.2.5 Mordo
    HSS75 said:

Even with quake it hit me hard. Will try it with doom next time when I go for exploration.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

How hard was pre nerfed the champion? like was he harder that nameless thanos?

With no retreat up, by far. A standard clear, he really wasn't that bad once you got used to the fight.
    Was Pre nerf The Champion and Collector like the 2 biggest cash grab fights ever @Worknprogress
    Collector especially at the time of release was much worse imo. Champion took either an incredibly high level of ability and/or some pretty specific counters but solos weren't exactly super rare.

Basically the only two champs that could even possibly solo the Collector originally were OGV and DD classic I think. Neither was near as straightforward as the champion was with someone like Sym Supreme. Once you throw in the no retreat node on Champion he was pretty terrible though.
    I’ve seen a dormammu collector solo I’m sure.
  • Options
    6.2.5 Mordo
    Berjibs said:

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

With no retreat up, by far. A standard clear, he really wasn't that bad once you got used to the fight.
    Was Pre nerf The Champion and Collector like the 2 biggest cash grab fights ever @Worknprogress
    Collector especially at the time of release was much worse imo. Champion took either an incredibly high level of ability and/or some pretty specific counters but solos weren't exactly super rare.

Basically the only two champs that could even possibly solo the Collector originally were OGV and DD classic I think. Neither was near as straightforward as the champion was with someone like Sym Supreme. Once you throw in the no retreat node on Champion he was pretty terrible though.
    The first solo I saw was with Voodoo.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

SAME
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Berjibs said:

Gardener said:

Gardener said:

Realise @Worknprogress is talking about point of release solos.

Either way it blew my mind as everyone reckoned dornammu was 💩
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Lvernon15 said:

With no retreat, I can totally understand. But was pre-nerfed Champion really that rough? Can't say I've experienced him, but it looked to me like it was just about avoiding blocked hits and needing the right spacing on the Sp1 dex. I've always dexed the very first hit of his Sp1 whenever I've fought him and have never needed to take any block damage for the dex. I barely even parried the nerfed version when I fought him.
    I’d say maybe. GM isn’t too bad if you can light intercept and do inverted controls.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    The Grandmaster by far, I have no idea why he's not an option. He was the hardest fight I've ever completed in this game.
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    6.2.6 Champion
    Grandmaster doesn’t make the list? I’m gearing up for him and I’m skeered.