**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dear Kabam, why is spider-ham being added before Sandman, Lizard, etc?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

No_oneuk said:

FiiNCH said:

I’ve honesty never heard of spiderham (not a comic reader at all) and I rolled my eyes when I saw the leak. Just want we need - another Spider-Man (or ham?) character.

Wait...what????! I get not wanting to read comics but how have you not watched Into the Spiderverse? It just got added to Netflix, I strongly suggest you watch it - it’s amazing.
    That's a kids movie no way its good at all
    You're playing a game based on comic book characters who are basically cartoon characters in the game. How's is this game any different than that movie?

Comics were meant for kids to read. This game is designed for kids to play as well. If you believe that movie is just for kids, you'd have to believe this game is also for kids.

Adults play because it connects us with our childhoods and brings nostalgia for many of us. Game designers recognize that millions of adults will play so that's why they allow microtransactions.

Into the Spider verse was a well put together movie. It's actually better than some of the live action films we've seen.
  • Options
    Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    All I'm saying is if they bring Spider-Ham into The Contest he should be extra susceptible to the Incinerate debuff.

Mmmmm Bacon.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Bgchow13 said:

All I'm saying is if they bring Spider-Ham into The Contest he should be extra susceptible to the Incinerate debuff.

Mmmmm Bacon.

Give this man a perma ban
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Bgchow13 said:

Mmmmm Bacon.

Give this man a perma ban
    Could be a call-out that when he's incinerated it says "I smell bacon".
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I just want Lockjaw.
    They made a monkey. They're making a spider-pig. Maybe they'll make a teleporting hound.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

I just want Lockjaw.
    They made a monkey. They're making a spider-pig. Maybe they'll make a teleporting hound.

They actually have his model already. He was part of the dialog the month medusa came out.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I just want Lockjaw.

They actually have his model already. He was part of the dialog the month medusa came out.
    ... i gotta go find and read it. I wasn't playing back when Medusa was released.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

Buttehrs said:

I just want Lockjaw.

... i gotta go find and read it. I wasn't playing back when Medusa was released.
    the event quest was literally titled have you seen this dog
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Actually when you think about it from a non fan point of view it makes sense to stagger the release of the more “iconic” characters due to ensuring the longevity of the game as @Nameless_IW has already pointed out.

Let’s say they release all the iconic characters everyone has mentioned above over the next 2 years they will then only have the obscure characters left to release which would cause a drop off in new players who are attracted to playing the more well known champs and also lead to the excitement of the established player base falling dramatically (less excitement = less money = less development in the game etc)

In that world the game will have run its course in a short timeframe and have support withdrawn shortly after the release of the previous months new characters; Dave the accountant - the little known husband of Quake’s long lost 3rd cousin, The 97th different variation of Spider-man and Beigepool (Deadpool from another dimension who has no personality or abilities and enjoys going to bed early and documentaries about the origins and history of paper clips)

So by padding the release of the Professor X’s with the introduction of obscure gun wielding monkeys we delay having to sit through Dave’s SP3 in which he sits down to calculate his tax return and the monthly EQ story line where Beigepool is giving us a guided tour of the stapler factory.

Additionally I would also guess that due to the success of Into the Spiderverse that Spiderham is probably more well known than Apocalypse to a younger audience who don’t read as many comics (because let’s face it which was the more entertaining movie, Into the spiderverse or X-men: apocalypse?)
  • Options

Actually when you think about it from a non fan point of view it makes sense to stagger the release of the more “iconic” characters due to ensuring the longevity of the game as @Nameless_IW has already pointed out.

Let’s say they release all the iconic characters everyone has mentioned above over the next 2 years they will then only have the obscure characters left to release which would cause a drop off in new players who are attracted to playing the more well known champs and also lead to the excitement of the established player base falling dramatically (less excitement = less money = less development in the game etc)

In that world the game will have run its course in a short timeframe and have support withdrawn shortly after the release of the previous months new characters; Dave the accountant - the little known husband of Quake’s long lost 3rd cousin, The 97th different variation of Spider-man and Beigepool (Deadpool from another dimension who has no personality or abilities and enjoys going to bed early and documentaries about the origins and history of paper clips)

So by padding the release of the Professor X’s with the introduction of obscure gun wielding monkeys we delay having to sit through Dave’s SP3 in which he sits down to calculate his tax return and the monthly EQ story line where Beigepool is giving us a guided tour of the stapler factory.

Additionally I would also guess that due to the success of Into the Spiderverse that Spiderham is probably more well known than Apocalypse to a younger audience who don’t read as many comics (because let’s face it which was the more entertaining movie, Into the spiderverse or X-men: apocalypse?)

apocalypse in the x-men show>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oscar Isaac apocalypse

also, is it weird I want Dave and Beigepool?
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Wow Kabam choosing obscure characters for their December month. We've never seen that before
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I’m happy for Spider Ham.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

Spiderham is less recognized than shocker. Lol.
    Just because the character is animal doesn't mean it's weird. Also I think you haven't seen the best spiderman film yet.
    We need those characters you listed as well but spiderham is also a good addition to the game.

bruh we should have Sandman before Spider-Ham. Sandman should've been in this game a while ago yet they still haven't done it. Also Spider-Ham is iconic in a way. He is known for being a stupid character that you don't take seriously. but Kabam has something for animals lately. Squirrel Girl Tigra Hit-Monkey Sasquatch. I want Black Cat and not for her looks but she would be a really cool character and someone who could maybe give OG Spidey a nice synergy.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’m not too fussed about it either way. I don’t buy early bundles or unit based crystals. So I generally won’t see any of these characters for months or years.
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

Qacob said:

Look, no hate for spider-ham, I think he is pretty cool and certainly interesting. But I just dont understand why champions like him (I'm looking at you hit monkey) are being added when the game is missing so many other iconic characters.

If you wanna add a spider verse character, why not lizard or sandman as mentioned in the title, or how about scorpion and shocker? It just seems wierd how we are missing all these characters and you want to add a literal pig lol.

So basically, please stop designing these wierd and less recognised characters until we have all of the iconic champions, and then as far as I'm concerned, you can go ham on these wacky creatures (pun intended). Also maybe stop with the reskins too, though that's a different matter for a different day.

Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. Where are guys from the MCU movies or FoX-Men movies like: Whiplash, Iron Monger, Batroc, Valkyrie, Sif, Zemo, Shocker, Klaw, Shuri, Skurge, Mantis, Malekith, Kurse, Toad, Pyro, Warpath, Banshee, Jubilee, Blob and Deathstrike? Where's Lizard? Where are some of the other big name characters from comics like Bullseye, Colleen Wing, Misty Knight, White Tiger, Polaris, Boomer, Shatterstar, Rictor, Scorpion, Wonder Man, Jessica Jones, Black Cat, Deathlok, Mockingbird, Captain Britain, Kraven, Avalanche, Firestar, Hellcat, Union Jack, Silver Sable, Moonstone, Songbird, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum and Zarda?
    Seriously you want whiplash ,batroc,iron monger ,blob,toad more than the spectacular spiderham
    I would love Blob over spiderham! That Belly would be pulling of such large yellow numbers
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★

Just because the character is animal doesn't mean it's weird. Also I think you haven't seen the best spiderman film yet.
    We need those characters you listed as well but spiderham is also a good addition to the game.

bruh we should have Sandman before Spider-Ham. Sandman should've been in this game a while ago yet they still haven't done it. Also Spider-Ham is iconic in a way. He is known for being a stupid character that you don't take seriously. but Kabam has something for animals lately. Squirrel Girl Tigra Hit-Monkey Sasquatch. I want Black Cat and not for her looks but she would be a really cool character and someone who could maybe give OG Spidey a nice synergy.
    DON'T YOU DARE DISS DOREEN! 'stupid animal' my arse! Nothing wrong with Tigra or Sasquatch either.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

DON'T YOU DARE DISS DOREEN! 'stupid animal' my arse! Nothing wrong with Tigra or Sasquatch either.
    he is a stupid character. His whole character is suppose to be a joke. Tigra and Sasquatch are good i was just saying they got something for animals rn. Like 2020 is the year of furies or something
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

he is a stupid character. His whole character is suppose to be a joke. Tigra and Sasquatch are good i was just saying they got something for animals rn. Like 2020 is the year of furies or something
    It is she not he. And yeah these type of characters are made for fun. Doesn't mean they are stupid.
  • Options

Just because something is made for fun doesn’t mean they’re stupid