**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2020 Gifting Event

I’m not about to ask wether it’s coming or not, I’ve seen so many of those. But I just wanted to know, is there anyone who wants it to return and those who don’t I’d just like to hear peoples opinions as to why 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

• I’m not particularly bothered to be honest. I’m not going to spend any real money, and I’ve got better uses for my units. The alliance I’m in don’t really have many big spenders and it is essentially an auction which I don’t think especially helps the game integrity as to generate the revenue they have to make the top tier rewards particularly spicy.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    I would like to see it return. My alliance I've been with forever and we miss the gifting event because we would all gift each other stuff
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I do not care for the competative aspect of it at all. But I do like the feeling of gifting something to a friend and he/she opening something nice. It has happened in the past. Since my wife, daughter and two friends play this game. It is always a nice interaction. I usually also get playstore cards during christmas. It is nice to be able to give a little big of your gift back to the people you got it from.

I hope they bring it back for reasons mentioned above. But just leave out the competative aspect of it. And give alliances a very very nice high milestone. They could calculate at how many points this milestone should be, so they can make roughly the same amount of money they did in the past. Which, ofcourse, is the main reason to have a gifting event in the first place.

If they do bring it back. I hope they introduce a system in which you lose the gifting points someone has given the alliance if they leave. So lets say you are at 10k points. And someone leaves that has given 1k points. You drop back down to 9k. If that gets you under a milestone you have reached that milestone is locked if you already claimt it. And you would have to get the 1k points back before being able to advance to the next milestone.
    I feel like this would prevent early kicking and fraud from accounts that only join briefly.

You could otherwise make a system in which you cannot leave of join an alliance during those 2 weeks. And if you can join. Your points are not taking into account for that alliance.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

I do not care for the competative aspect of it at all. But I do like the feeling of gifting something to a friend and he/she opening something nice. It has happened in the past. Since my wife, daughter and two friends play this game. It is always a nice interaction. I usually also get playstore cards during christmas. It is nice to be able to give a little big of your gift back to the people you got it from.

I hope they bring it back for reasons mentioned above. But just leave out the competative aspect of it. And give alliances a very very nice high milestone. They could calculate at how many points this milestone should be, so they can make roughly the same amount of money they did in the past. Which, ofcourse, is the main reason to have a gifting event in the first place.

If they do bring it back. I hope they introduce a system in which you lose the gifting points someone has given the alliance if they leave. So lets say you are at 10k points. And someone leaves that has given 1k points. You drop back down to 9k. If that gets you under a milestone you have reached that milestone is locked if you already claimt it. And you would have to get the 1k points back before being able to advance to the next milestone.
    I feel like this would prevent early kicking and fraud from accounts that only join briefly.

You could otherwise make a system in which you cannot leave of join an alliance during those 2 weeks. And if you can join. Your points are not taking into account for that alliance.

I like your thing about the leaving part. Can't leave for two weeks because if there is penalty for leaving like taking points away people will purposefully join and leave alliances to screw up other alliances