**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which one champ from each class would you like to see buffed in 2021?

GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 471 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
I know it's easy to hate on Kabam, but I think that we can all admit they've done a wonderful job with character buffs in 2020 (Thank you KABAM). From what I understand, Daredevil is the final champ of 2020 to get the buff treatment, and I am very excited for what it will be. As we approach a new year, what is 1 champ from each class you'd like to see get a buff. It could be a tune up, update, or overhaul. Feel free to share your reasons why if you're up to it.

Mutant - Rogue - tune up: Rogue's kit is great as it is. She could benefit from some numbers adjustments, and possibly an increase of power steal duration. The mutant class has so many "god-tier" champs, she doesn't need anything crazy, but it would be nice to see her made a little better.

Skill - Black Panther CW - Overhaul: At the time his character design was introduced, he was a top tier defender. At this point though, he has fallen very far on the war defensive tier. I would like to see an overhaul which makes him more of an offensive champ. Mysterio has a damage reflective ability, so that could still work, but he definitely needs bleeds on his regular attacks. Now that "rupture" has been added to the game, he seems like a fantastic choice for that mechanic as well.

Science - Sentry - Overhaul: Something like what they did with Magneto. Considering they are the same person, I'd like to see him on par with his counterpart Void

Mystic - Juggernaut - Overhaul: As much as Iron Fist needs it, I think that Juggernaut needs it much more. I was watching X-Men the animated series the other day and I remembered just how powerful the big guy really is. He should have immunities comparable to Colossus, and his attack should be much higher. He is the kind of character who I'd love to see designed with the more MCOC meta in mind.

Cosmic - Venompool - Update: Venompool has several positive things going for him, but none of those traits are at a high enough level to make a difference in any recent content. Venom and Carnage have both picked up some great new techniques since being first introduced. Venompool could incorporate a trait from one or both, and then boos this regen to be crazy good.

Tech - Rocket Racoon - Update: Add a persistent charge mechanic similar to Mr.Fantastic which instead of providing debuffs to opponents, would apply buffs to your current champion selection. I'd also like him to include special synergies or bonuses for all of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    One per class...

Iron Fist
    Groot
    Karnak
    Howard
    Classic Spidey
    Beast

Some I have a vested interest in, some just need to be updated.

Dr. Zola
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Mystic: Dr Strange
    Cosmic: Phoenix
    Tech: Rocket
    Mutant: Cyclops -hopefully exact same time with Phoenix ;)
    Skill: Moonknight
    Science: Miles

Science
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Skill - Tune-Up - Moon Knight - Moon Knight's kit is actually kind of cool, depending on who you ask. I would boost his attack and give him control over his phases. Whether they be timed changes like Dr. Strange or you can control them like Sorcerer Supreme or BWCV. Also, extend the time of his bleeds. These changes alone would make him very solid. Not OP, but probably a top 10 champ in the skill class.

Tech - Civil Warrior - Tune-Up - His kit is fine, but his damage is awful. For each armor up, his attack increases 5%. Landing a heavy refreshes all armor up buffs. Sp1 adds 1 armor up buff. Sp2 converts up to 5 armor up into an indefinite fury increasing attack by 20%. Minor changes make him a top 5 tech.

Mutant - Red Cyclops - Update - Give this man some prowess! Landing a heavy or performing a well timed block grant a prowess, max of 5 stacks. When 5 prowess stacks active - sp1 applies a permanent armor shattered; sp2 consumes all prowess into incinerate debuffs dealing 25% of direct damage per stack for 10 seconds; sp3 - converts up to 5 prowess into a permanent prowess increasing sp damage by 10% per prowess converted. Add a persistent charge granting 1 prowess at the start of the fight and an additional 1 for each opponent knocked out, max of 3 stacks. Against #avengers, he is immune to stun and bleed (unless a class disadvantage is active). More on this below...

Science - OG Captain America - Update -There are other Science champs that deserve it first, but this ties in to my Cyclops idea.CA is one of the most popular heroes in comic history. Time he gets his due. Cap gets a 10% chance to apply a random debuff effect (exhaustion, slow, fatigue) for each hit, max of 2 stacks per debuff. For each debuff on the opponent, his power gains at 2x the normal rate. His sp 1 applies a petrify debuff while also applying a stun. The stun has a 1 second default, but increases by .5 seconds per debuff on the opponent. His sp2 power locks the opponent for 8 seconds and applies aa 10 second heal block. His sp3 grants a 10 second indestructible charge while also applying a 20 second vulnerability debuff on the opponent. His next 5 attacks are unblockable. Against #xmen, CA is immune to stun and bleed.

Cyclops and CA updates tie in with an Avengers v. X Men Event Quest. In the same month, we also get Mystique and Quicksilver.

I can't decide on Mystic and Cosmic, so I will pass on those for now.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★

I would use rogue so much more if her buff steal timer was longer and paused during opponents special attack. I'm thinking of awakening and ranking her but that's the only thing holding me back

Exactly.
    Rogue has a kit, which has all the potential for an insane champ.
    A significant increase on her stolen buff duration, buff pause during opponent specials, increased chance for critical hits at specials and finally fixing the issue with her final blow life steal, can make her the mutant goddess 🙂
  • Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    OG Spidey update
    Agent Venom needs tuneup
    Beast
    Juggs
    HTD
    Venompool
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    GMAX77 said:

Tech - Rocket Racoon - Update: Add a persistent charge mechanic similar to Mr.Fantastic which instead of providing debuffs to opponents, would apply buffs to your current champion selection. I'd also like him to include special synergies or bonuses for all of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I personally think Star Lord could use a persistent charge more than Rocket; in order to select his element weapon's effect.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Science:
    Overhaul - Hulk
    Update - Miles
    Tuneup - Sentry

Skill:
    Overhaul - Hawkeye
    Update - Moon Knight
    Tuneup - Thor Ragnarok

Mutant:
    Overhaul - Cyclops (both)
    Update - Beast
    Tuneup - Psylocke

Cosmic:
    Overhaul - Groot
    Update - Venompool
    Tuneup- King Groot

Tech:
    Overhaul - Civil Warrior
    Update - Howard the Duck
    Tuneup - Vision

Mystic -
    Overhaul - Doctor Strange
    Update - Iron Fist
    Tuneup - Thor Jane Foster
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Iron Fist
    Elektra
    Rocket Raccoon
    Yellowjacket
    Superior Iron Man
    Cyclops (both)

There are obviously many more, but those are the ones I have as 6*
  • ch4rnch4rn Posts: 275 ★★
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing the "trophy" champions buffed.

It's a shame to see Thanos and Kang wasted. Can't quite remember if they're available via any other event, other than Christmas gifting?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Drax
    Iron Fist
    Miles Morales
    Moon Knight
    Beast
    War Machine
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Cosmic:
    Overhaul - Superior Iron Man
    Update - Venompool
    Tune-Up - Kamala Khan

Mutant:
    Overhaul - Cyclops (Both, like Mags)
    Update - Beast
    Tune-Up - Deadpool X-Force

Mystic:
    Overhaul - Ebony Maw
    Update - Diablo
    Tune-Up - Juggernaut

Science:
    Overhaul - Miles Morales
    Update - Captain America (Both)
    Tune-Up - Hulk (OG and Immortal)

Skill:
    Overhaul - Daredevil OG
    Update - Black Panther Civil War
    Tune-Up - Thor Ragnarok

Tech:
    Overhaul - Red Skull
    Update - Iron Patriot
    Tune-Up - Howard the Duck

Tech is probably the class I’d like to get worked on the most. So many champions that are just straight duds
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    Tech - Civil Warrior
    Cosmic - Venompool
    Skill - Moon Knight
    Mystic - Iron Fist
    Mutant - Cyclops (Blue Team)
    Science - Spider Man (Miles Morales)
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    The lack of Deadpool x force is disturbing
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 660 ★★★
    Cosmic - Groot
    Tech - Civil Warrior
    Mutant - Rogue
    Skill - Elektra or Daredevil (Classic)
    Science - Ant-Man
    Mystic - Doctor Strange or Juggernaut
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Mystic - Iron Fist, loved the Netflix series which made me invested in the character and he’s a badass
    Science - Sentry or Abom/Hulk. Sentry needs no explanation, and hulk and abom deserve a buff together
    Mutant - Beast, my second 5 star and a very interesting yet underwhelming champion
    Skill - kingpin or the daredevils
    Tech - IronMan because he’s iron man and I just got him as a 6 star (Superior iron man actually needs to be superior too)
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Skill - Tune-Up - Moon Knight - Moon Knight's kit is actually kind of cool, depending on who you ask. I would boost his attack and give him control over his phases. Whether they be timed changes like Dr. Strange or you can control them like Sorcerer Supreme or BWCV. Also, extend the time of his bleeds. These changes alone would make him very solid. Not OP, but probably a top 10 champ in the skill class.

Tech - Civil Warrior - Tune-Up - His kit is fine, but his damage is awful. For each armor up, his attack increases 5%. Landing a heavy refreshes all armor up buffs. Sp1 adds 1 armor up buff. Sp2 converts up to 5 armor up into an indefinite fury increasing attack by 20%. Minor changes make him a top 5 tech.

Mutant - Red Cyclops - Update - Give this man some prowess! Landing a heavy or performing a well timed block grant a prowess, max of 5 stacks. When 5 prowess stacks active - sp1 applies a permanent armor shattered; sp2 consumes all prowess into incinerate debuffs dealing 25% of direct damage per stack for 10 seconds; sp3 - converts up to 5 prowess into a permanent prowess increasing sp damage by 10% per prowess converted. Add a persistent charge granting 1 prowess at the start of the fight and an additional 1 for each opponent knocked out, max of 3 stacks. Against #avengers, he is immune to stun and bleed (unless a class disadvantage is active). More on this below...

Science - OG Captain America - Update -There are other Science champs that deserve it first, but this ties in to my Cyclops idea.CA is one of the most popular heroes in comic history. Time he gets his due. Cap gets a 10% chance to apply a random debuff effect (exhaustion, slow, fatigue) for each hit, max of 2 stacks per debuff. For each debuff on the opponent, his power gains at 2x the normal rate. His sp 1 applies a petrify debuff while also applying a stun. The stun has a 1 second default, but increases by .5 seconds per debuff on the opponent. His sp2 power locks the opponent for 8 seconds and applies aa 10 second heal block. His sp3 grants a 10 second indestructible charge while also applying a 20 second vulnerability debuff on the opponent. His next 5 attacks are unblockable. Against #xmen, CA is immune to stun and bleed.

Cyclops and CA updates tie in with an Avengers v. X Men Event Quest. In the same month, we also get Mystique and Quicksilver.

I can't decide on Mystic and Cosmic, so I will pass on those for now.

why would cyclops apply incinerate? They’re concussive blasts
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Bawa69 said:

Tech:
    Overhaul - Civil Warrior
    Update - Howard the Duck
    Tuneup - Vision

Civil Warrior does not need an overhaul. Tune up/update works fine.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Skill- Black Panther- Update: His kit is already pretty decent defensively he’d just need some added damage or DoT and maybe a debuff shrug mechanic along with some bleed, incinerate, and coldsnap immunity or resistance to make him the true king of Wakanda. Maybe some block penetration and bleeding through blocked hits to make him more of a top tier defender. This buff is important because it would cement Chadwick Boseman’s legacy of T’Challa inside of this game and will be enjoyed for many years to come.

Science- Joe Fixit- Update: I really enjoy his slot machine type ability which makes him quite fun to play but the attributes of the abilities are definitely due for improvement and could use some extra power. He should really feel like a giant mobster who gambles his way through fights.

Mystic- Doctor Strange- Overhaul: We’ve seen enough of the repetitive “blessings” abilities so I think it’d be time to bring the true Dr. Strange into the contest. I’d like to see him conjure a variety of spells similar to GR or CGR’s judgements that inflict different effects or give him different buffs. Allow him to keep the same constant power gain ability to make him a good defender but give him more offensive utilities and damage output. Add more effects to his animations to fit these new spells and we got ourselves a new god of the mystic class. One of the most overpowered characters in marvel. New synergies to go along with him as well.

Cosmic- The Champion- Update: This guy is a fairly new champion that somehow manages to feel like an early 2017 champ. His defensive ability is outdated and doesn’t even cover the new meta now and his utilities are severely limited for an Elder of the contest. His fury buffs fall off too quickly and his special attacks just hinder his future damage output... that takes forever to get out of cooldown. This guy should be really powerful because in the lore he is the literal brother of the Collector and Grandmaster. I’d like to see Champion make a comeback on AWD too... that's why people ranked him up at all. I feel like he should be immune to nullify and class disadvantage because he is an elder after all and the only thing that should stop his unstoppable are special attacks and slow debuffs. His armor breaks and true strike buff need to be lengthened and be able to be paused and refreshed through his useless heavy attack, rewarding skillful, intercepting play. Champion's sp1 regen needs a huge increase for the price it costs and his thrag synergy needs to be in his base kit. Reading his ability and background info... this guy should be a beast!

Tech- Civil Warrior- Update: Civil Warrior already has amazing utility but his damage output it pathetic. Please give him a way to increase his damage output. As for defense... make him immune to armor break debuffs except against cosmics and give him some sort of defensive ability based on his armor up passives to encourage people to play defensively and let his armor ups fall off like imiw.

Mutant- Cyclops (Both)- Overhaul: 'Nuff said. Hero Cyclops and Villian Cyclops buff
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Posts: 107
    Joe fixit,
    Ultron
    Black panther (both)
    Cyclops(both)
    Groot
    Jane foster
  • ElementalBashElementalBash Posts: 107
    Joe fixit was my first 6* so i really wanna see an overhaul
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Cosmic- SIM or one of the groots
    Tech- Iron Patriot or Vulture
    Mutant- one of the deadpools or one of the cyclops’s
    Skill- Karnak or moon knight (I have to also throw daredevil classic in there because he’s not getting buffed alongside Netflix daredevil and a Korg overhaul because he’s so useless as a playable character and he feels like a waste of a character)
    Science- one of the spidermen or classic cap
    Mystic- diablo or iron fist (juggy and unstoppable colossus should get a nod too)

I think I’d be happy if everyone on this list gets buffed in the next two years. The people in parentheses are hopes that I don’t think will happen soon.
  • PizzaGuy245PizzaGuy245 Posts: 45
    Science-Ant-Man
    Skill-Moon Knight
    Mutant-Beast
    Cosmic-Black Bolt
    Tech-Ultron
    Mystic-Ghost Rider

as honorable mentions,i'd include Spider-Man/Rhino,Punisher,Cyclops,Superior Iron Man,Howard and Juggernaut
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285

Mystic- Iron Fist
    Cosmic- Phoenix
    Tech- War Machine
    Mutant- Storm
    Skill- Elektra
    Science- Ant Man