**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did the NEW 5 Star Champs get added? Several members got the Old Ones today

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
So, the new 5 Stars were added last night, but I noticed several members of my alliance got the old champs after getting their 2500 Five Star Shards.

2 members got Nightcrawler. 1 Got Beast. 1 Got Falcon. And I have heard similar stories from other alliances. Shouldn't these be Doctor Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Phoenix etc.??

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You do realize you aren’t guaranteed a new champ after they come out, right?
    You have much better odds of pulling an old champ than a new one
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Not necessarily. It all depends on the roll. The Crystals still have the old ones in them. I rolled a Blue Clops last night. It's just how they roll.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    2hsgblox9d5b.png

Yes the new champs are added to the crystals.
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    2hsgblox9d5b.png

Yes the new champs are added to the crystals.

qqypql8olyui.png

And if you don’t believe that, this was pulled
    Oh I believe you. I was responding to the idea that the rolls SHOULD be new.
    It’s just how RNG works. You guys only pulled a few crystals. We’ve opened about 7 crystals so far and 2 have been DV, and the rest have been older champs. OML, Jane, Magik, Jugg, Mag.
  • WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    edited October 2017
    I have popped 3 trying to get GR. I got DV, She Hulk, and Groot. They’re in there, but low odds to get them.

That was directed at OP.

That was directed at OP.

Ah. OK. Was clarifying because my comment posted after you. No worries. :)
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    I was under the impression those new champs got rotated and didnt stay. I cant recall X23 staying from the previous month.

And yes, I do realize you arent guaranteed a new champ. That wasnt the point.
    Weren't Nightcrawler, Beast and Falcon "Featured" Champs from September and shoulda been rotated out when the new ones came in? Or do they stay?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The new champs are ADDED to the pool, they don't replace the pool. Each month, the pool of available champs grows in include the new champs.

If you had 50 available champs last month, and they ADD 5 more, you have 55 possible champs to pull...
    You misunderstood how the champs get added. There aren’t featured champs for each month. Each month 6 champs get permanently added to the 5* basic pool forever
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You misunderstood how the champs get added. There aren’t featured champs for each month. Each month 6 champs get permanently added to the 5* basic pool forever

This is why people who want to dupe a champ like Star Lord are opening their crystals as fast as possible. Each month the chances of pulling a dupe is reduced. Last month, they had a 1 in 54 chance. Now they have a 1 in 60 chance. Next month it will be a 1 in 66.

• Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    As others said it's just a chance to get them and they were added but it all depends on luck.

You'll either hit the jackpot or c rap out and get a spidergwen or Luke cage or some other horrible 5* in the pool.

I'm opening one tomorrow and I'm hoping to get someone useful but considering my last 3 pulls I'm not really expecting anything useful.

That was directed at OP.

Ah. OK. Was clarifying because my comment posted after you. No worries. :)

Scratch that. Yours came after mine. Wonky scrolling. Carry on. :)
    Wow. That kinda sucks. So, now my chances of duping a certain 5 star is worse than pulling the Ace of Spades from a deck of cards.

Thanks for clearing that up. I did not realize each new set was added to the pool. Yikes.
    So, follow-up question...

Do the previous month's Featured 5 Stars in the 15,000 Five Star pull also stay? Because I remember seeing Green Goblin in the lineup when I was going for Mephisto.
    HQ101 wrote: »
    Wow. That kinda sucks. So, now my chances of duping a certain 5 star is worse than pulling the Ace of Spades from a deck of cards.

Thanks for clearing that up. I did not realize each new set was added to the pool. Yikes.

Well, yes and no. What happens is the Champs are added to the Basic Pool permanently. Then the odds become 1 out of X Number. However, it's also RNG. It's random. You could pull the Champ you want. It just depends on the luck of the roll.
    So, follow-up question...

Do the previous month's Featured 5 Stars in the 15,000 Five Star pull also stay? Because I remember seeing Green Goblin in the lineup when I was going for Mephisto.

Featured Crystals (15,000 5* shard crystals) contain every playable 5* champ in the crystal. It's your best odds for getting that particular champ (assessed at about 20-25% chance to pull that featured). Subfeatured are ones that haven't been added to the basic pool and are very rare to pull. Basics are also in there with the highest chance to be pulled.
  • DrFreakyDrFreaky Posts: 30
    edited October 2017
    Its impressive how high rate is the old **** champs on this crystal. Actually on featured crystal also, theres nothing more frustrate to open 4 featured crystal and get, Colly, Mag, Groot and Iron Patriot. I assure, theres something wrong with this crystal. I wouldn't mind if i would have got some old released featured champ, but all we keep pulling is Storm, kamala, HB,groot, antman, IF, juggy,colly, the same old **** champs massive pull for everybody. Spent 60k shards for nothing. The configuration of this crystal pull most be like, 98% the champs i mentioned above 1% good champ, 1% featured.
  • I got spidergwen hehe. Cry for me
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    qzpat9ryia73.png

Half an hour after the new 5*s were added to the crystal. This was a mystic 5* crystal.
    ryuszlf79p8p.png

I was one of the lucky ones. My first ever 15,000 pull. I had heard the odds were as high as 30%.
    ryuszlf79p8p.png

I was one of the lucky ones. My first ever 15,000 pull. I had heard the odds were as high as 30%.

We estimate. No one really knows. Some believe it's around 20% for the Featured.
  • Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    My ally got 6 ppl pull featured mephisto
    4 got it on first try
    And 1 got the second time on 2nd try