**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is hulkbuster a underrated champion?

TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 5,016 ★★★★★
So this video is not your standard underrated champion showcase from me, it was a request from @Xmas-Monke and i personally am not a fan of hulkbuster, i feel his animations are very clunky and if we look past the mistakes of my own i felt at times like with war machine that i did what i was supposed to do and the **** just dodges my heavies and hadoukens me. so whats everyones tought? is hulkbuster a underrated champion or is he well placed where he belongs? final question is am i really this bad at this champion or are the other vids on him nailing this method several retakes?

I will say tho the fights where things went smooth they went really smooth and fast so thats something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3pmrpU5kBQ

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    He isn't underrated ..he a god now ..his heavy reach is awful no doubt but if you know spacing ( which i do very well since i play Tigra and she hulk ) , your opponent will never dex ..he is a regular for me everywhere
  • Options

Rohit_316 said:

He isn't underrated ..he a god now ..his heavy reach is awful no doubt but if you know spacing ( which i do very well since i play Tigra and she hulk ) , your opponent will never dex ..he is a regular for me everywhere

i mean that kinda makes him underrated i guess, cause i would not rank him as close to god tier XD, but also in other words i guess you are trying to say i suck with him. which is fair and i wont disagree then. if you tell me you can get the cycle down reliable i belive you
    Just because of a low heavy reach doesn't matter much bro tbh ..look at the overall kit .. every champ will have something lacking..though i understand we have your opinion ..you think Buster's playstyle is boring ? Well what about red mags then ? HB's armor and damage is insane now ..hits 26k heavies without boost have him r5 .. if you struggle with his heavy reach , then after using sp2, parry the opponent and then start spamming heavies ..
  • Options
    I still don't use him
  • Options

Rohit_316 said:

Rohit_316 said:

i mean that kinda makes him underrated i guess, cause i would not rank him as close to god tier XD, but also in other words i guess you are trying to say i suck with him. which is fair and i wont disagree then. if you tell me you can get the cycle down reliable i belive you
    Just because of a low heavy reach doesn't matter much bro tbh ..look at the overall kit .. every champ will have something lacking..though i understand we have your opinion ..you think Buster's playstyle is boring ? Well what about red mags then ? HB's armor and damage is insane now ..hits 26k heavies without boost have him r5 .. if you struggle with his heavy reach , then after using sp2, parry the opponent and then start spamming heavies ..
    Before activating an sp2, do a very quick dash back and activate an sp2 immediately. I call this the Ghost-Buster strat and I use it in some matchups that don't favor HB. He never said his playstyle is boring, but it feels a bit clunky. I respect that as many others also say that as well. If he don't like it, it's all good!
    I have tried this .. the AI not everytime plays into you i tell ya xD
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    If he had a more reliable spacing for his L2 I would definitely use him all over the place. Unfortunately, its not super reliable and I always get greedy with one more heavy lol.
  • Options

If he had a more reliable spacing for his L2 I would definitely use him all over the place. Unfortunately, its not super reliable and I always get greedy with one more heavy lol.

I felt this lol. He obviously got a following tho so there may be a lot of tricks to make it right. Id like to learn him well cause like i said the fights that went good went really good
    Yeah if a HB pro knows how to reliably connect after the L2, let us know pls lol
  • Options

If he has a passive anti taunt he’d be overpowered lol
    “5 or more shocks disable special attacks”
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    i always kill hulkbuster in war so not that good maybe? :/
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He can be really solid, but again, just strongly dislike his playstyle and the heavy animation really hurts him