**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Apple IOS update

Are you guys aware that the IOS update is causing the COC app to reboot every time u minimize or shut off device for a few minutes?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its not new. It's been occurring more and more often. Even before it did though, I noticed a decrease in lag and glitches if I restarted the app every time I played.
  • EnderGGEnderGG Posts: 19
    yes this is happening quite often (VERRRRRY ANNOYING!). Apparently Kabam "tested" iOS 11 out with the game beforehand, but that doesn't seem like it's the case. Leave it to Kabam to troll us by saying they did something and they really didn't. More and more each day I'm getting closer to quitting this game because of all the inconsistencies with this new Company that bought out the original developers. And I am not the only one. Almost everyone in my alliance feels the same. One day I'm just going to quit and take all my alliance mates with me.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    This happens with other apps in iOS 11 too.
  • ThanattorThanattor Posts: 7
    I had an iPhone 7 plus and the app shuts down if you leave it in the background for over a minute. :/
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    This happens with other apps in iOS 11 too.

Seems like only happening in MCOC now. Was happening with Line but I'm not seeing that now.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Why is the app closing in the background by itself a problem?
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    This happens allllll the time for me. I leave it on pause for like 1 minute and it goes to lock screen and i come back and it restarts....then auto-fight is enabled but not checked lol
  • Com’on Kabam...this needs to be addressed soon or next update at the least???
  • LariatLariat Posts: 23
    Yes. Just started happening to me with update....drop mcoc to background to check line. Bring it back and reboots......never did that before. Im running iphone 6
  • So...even with new new game update & IOS patch that came out today...the problem is still not solved. Let’s get this solved Kabam
  • So, for the ability for someone to be able to download the mcoc app from the App Store without having to use WiFi, we have the “convenience” of having to download 500 mb of data any time we want to play? Smart move
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    edited September 2017
    I only had to download the 500 mb the first time I started the game after updating. Oh, and it's still laggy as hell.
  • Bringr_of_Rain1Bringr_of_Rain1 Posts: 274
    Why is this major issue not added as a fix in the new patch?
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    bumping this thread because we need an answer on this
  • This has been taken care in 15.1.2. It was not a game bug, but a new feature in iOS 11 that we needed to work around. If you're still seeing this problem, please make sure you're on the latest version of the game.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    edited October 2017
    This has been taken care in 15.1.2. It was not a game bug, but a new feature in iOS 11 that we needed to work around. If you're still seeing this problem, please make sure you're on the latest version of the game.

Mike it’s definitely still happening and frequently and I’m 100% positive im up to date I’m almost scared for you guys to work on it though cause besides that and a bit of lag this is the smoothest my game has ran in weeks....
    I am updated all the way on my IOS and game, but it happens every single time I switch between apps on my iphone 7.
    I also notice in IOS settings for app background refresh that the game app isn't listed in that section either.
  • i want to buy and iphone and you guys scare me with this post..
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    @Kabam Miike as in
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/152196#Comment_152196
    so often mentioned it is still happen.

Why didn’t the support answered there anymore?
  • DanbambamDanbambam Posts: 27
    Miike,

Lots of people still experiencing this.

Me, I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus, ios 11.0.2, the latest release of the game, and the game is closed very often.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Swear to god - just bought an iPhone 8plus - same thing is happening to me. I can send you the receipt! Or the weird little stickers that came with it (what are these FOR?!)3rzdq2c97zoc.jpeg
  • Bringr_of_Rain1Bringr_of_Rain1 Posts: 274
    Dear Kabam Mike,

Sorry still happening...MOC is fully updated & IOS 11.0.2 installed, so yes, fully updated. But it's still happening. You guys need to address this issue again with devolpers. Too many players are having this issue to be overlooked again.
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Mcoc fully updated MCOCand iOS 11.0.2 and still get it A LOT. This is really annoying to go through.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    This has been taken care in 15.1.2. It was not a game bug, but a new feature in iOS 11 that we needed to work around. If you're still seeing this problem, please make sure you're on the latest version of the game.

Yeah sure, cause all of your fix works, and you never make mistakes.
    You did not fix this, it’s happening any time you switch an app you have to relaunch the game
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Still facing this issue as well; updated to 15.1.2, on an iPhone 7, both on Wifi and data, iOS 11.0.1
  • 4LKFT4LKFT Posts: 32
    it happens all the time
  • Darth_KaladinnDarth_Kaladinn Posts: 103
    Still happening constantly on my iPhone 7 Plus. iOS and game are both up to date. @Kabam Miike
    If it is an IOS issue I am sure if you guys told Apple the issue we could get a fix. If I submit a ticket to Apple I dunno how well it will be taken care of, never had to before.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    It's mainly to do with ios11 i think, even with 11.0.2 the problem still occurs. ANY game i play, if i minimise to check whatsapp or LINE or Facebook, it auto reloads

It's all nice and ok but each load is 1-2mins and if I'm in the middle of a fight, then I'm screwed