**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War tier 1 bracket size changed drastically today.

2Β»

Comments

• battleonebattleone Posts: 286 β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Lormif said:

you are stating that the tier rating, which is based only off the war rating, had a limit of place X in season point totals.

no, I am being misunderstood. a limit of x place on war rating leaderboard. As in war 10 there were 45000-48000 alliances and tier 1 ended at 45-48th place. then war 11 all of the sudden there was less than 33000 alliances. then war 12 went back to 45000-48000

This leaderboard:

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    battleone said:

Lormif said:

you are stating that the tier rating, which is based only off the war rating, had a limit of place X in season point totals.

no, I am being misunderstood. a limit of x place on war rating leaderboard. As in war 10 there were 45000-48000 alliances and tier 1 ended at 45-48th place. then war 11 all of the sudden there was less than 33000 alliances. then war 12 went back to 45000-48000

This leaderboard:

Then I sincerely apologize for misunderstanding.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    battleone said:

Lormif said:

This leaderboard:

The only thing I can think of is there is an issue with the War Rating Leaderboard. Perhaps when you checked and were 33rd you were actually lower? I know there is an issue with the Summoner Leaderboard right now. When I go to Total Base Hero Rating it has the top person at 3.126M rating. There are many with a higher rating but not showing on it (for instance, ASGRD has 3 members alone higher right now).
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It should be pointed out there are issues with atleast some leaderboards, as people are missing form total rating leaderboards apparently.

battleone said:

Lormif said:

This leaderboard:

The only thing I can think of is there is an issue with the War Rating Leaderboard. Perhaps when you checked and were 33rd you were actually lower? I know there is an issue with the Summoner Leaderboard right now. When I go to Total Base Hero Rating it has the top person at 3.126M rating. There are many with a higher rating but not showing on it (for instance, ASGRD has 3 members alone higher right now).
    Nope. it was all war long. We discussed with our opponent (the one the most famous mcoc youtuber was at before leaving his last alliance) and we discussed this in detail. this was a legit bug.
    Lormif said:

It should be pointed out there are issues with atleast some leaderboards, as people are missing form total rating leaderboards apparently.

that is correct. this occurred well before that, but I don't deny there could be a relation
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 278 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    battleone said:

battleone said:

Lormif said:

This leaderboard:

Nope. it was all war long. We discussed with our opponent (the one the most famous mcoc youtuber was at before leaving his last alliance) and we discussed this in detail. this was a legit bug.
    I'm not saying you were not at rank 33 on the leaderboard all war long. I'm saying 33 on the leaderboard might not have actually been 33. My example is that #1 on Total Base Hero Rating right now is not actually #1...there are a bunch of people that aren't showing up on the leaderboard for some reason.
  • Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hi folks! We are looking into this presently. Thank you for your patience. We will let you know when we have more information!
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks! We are looking into this presently. Thank you for your patience. We will let you know when we have more information!

Thanks for jumping on this Boo. Just following up to see if there are any updates since war rewards have gone out.
  • C19h28o2C19h28o2 Posts: 7 β˜…
    You guys are missing the obvious. Not all tier 1 or tier 2 alliances are at the top of the leaderboard. We are tier 2 and we only run 2 bgs. We don't score enough points to get masters and finished in plat 4. We played several larger alliances who no doubt bumped up to tier 1 at the end of the season and finished no higher than plat 3. You can't just look at the top 40 or so highest scoring alliances to extrapolate who is or is not in tier 1/2.
    C19h28o2 said:

You guys are missing the obvious. Not all tier 1 or tier 2 alliances are at the top of the leaderboard. We are tier 2 and we only run 2 bgs. We don't score enough points to get masters and finished in plat 4. We played several larger alliances who no doubt bumped up to tier 1 at the end of the season and finished no higher than plat 3. You can't just look at the top 40 or so highest scoring alliances to extrapolate who is or is not in tier 1/2.

Being at the top of the leaderboard is exactly what determines your tier, that’s part of the reason that as well as tiers even exist. There has been an obvious display error with some leaderboards the last week or so which included the alliance leaderboard during war 11. Inexplicably tier 1 stopped at rank 30 for war 11 when it always stops around 46-48. War 12 everything was back to normal but at that point damage was done for alliances that should have been awarded tier 1 points for war 11.
    C19h28o2 said:

We aren’t talking about the season leaderboard. We aren’t talking about the highest scoring alliances. We are talking about the war rating leaderboard, which is what determines tier. We have been masters 4 of last 5 seasons, this is not some random guys that have no idea what we are talking about. There was some sort of bug war 11 that prevented us from being awarded the appropriate amount of points for our war. Those points kept us out of masters this season.
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi Boo. Hope your weekend was good, any updates here?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    In physics, horror vacui, or plenism, commonly stated as "nature abhors a vacuum", is a postulate attributed to Aristotle, who articulated a belief that nature contains no vacuums because the denser surrounding material continuum would immediately fill the rarity of an incipient void.
    You are filling the void!
    Anything? Next season starts in a few days...
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi Boo.

It's been two weeks and the season is about to start. Any information here?

Thanks!
    Just checking in to see how much longer this will take. Summary again below.

War 11 of season 20 there were at least 15 alliances that were incorrectly categorized at Tier 2. The top 45-48(ish) rated alliances every season are awarded Tier 1 points for every war. However in war 11 only the top 30 were Tier 1.

Wouldn't be a big deal if let's say 15,000 alliances were actually removed from the game for whatever reason but the very next war Tier 1 went back up to being the top 45-48. So clearly something happened there that is just not being addressed. The only way top 30 (or 33 in my alliances case at the time) isn't Tier 1 is if roughly 15,000 alliances just get deleted and drops the overall number of total alliances down. Again, totally fine if that actually happened but it didn't. We have friends in other alliances who in war 12 were almost rated 40th and got Tier 1 points.
    Kabam Boo said:

Anything yet?
    Almost a month since this was brought to your attention. Any updates?
    Officially over a month since this was originally reported. I'm sure there are plenty of bugs going around but any updates on what happened here? What happens if the same thing happens this season and costs alliances their deserved rewards and placement at season end?
    Season 21 is almost over and still no update on a bug from Season 20 that affected points and thus rewards. Really hoping something like this doesn't again during these last 3 wars.
    Last war of season 21 and there is still nothing on this. Considering this was a bug affecting placement and rewards for season 20 I think this should be moved up the queue a bit.
  • I assume Greywarden and Battleone are both in same alliance, talking about the same war 11 from last season.

Whatever happened, it is long since over, and doubt they will go back and re-review all wars and tiers from last season to do adjustments to any rewards.

But 3 possibilities...

(1) # of total alliances used for calculating Tier % for everyone was mistakenly incorrect for that war, which would have affected every other alliance around you as well. So everyone was subject to same thing.

(2) Leaderboard at times was not showing some of the other higher end alliances, and so your Overall Rank position as visible there may have been visually incorrect for that war.

(3, and potentially most likely) That war you had gotten matched with an opponent from Tier-2, and you ended up playing on that Tier-2 Map, even though your alliance WR itself still fell within the Tier-1 % range. Has been said by many that what would be showing on War screen would sometimes show you as being in that different Tier (the Tier of the cross-matched Map you’re playing on), instead of your actual Tier.

I assume Greywarden and Battleone are both in same alliance, talking about the same war 11 from last season.

Whatever happened, it is long since over, and doubt they will go back and re-review all wars and tiers from last season to do adjustments to any rewards.

But 3 possibilities...

(1) # of total alliances used for calculating Tier % for everyone was mistakenly incorrect for that war, which would have affected every other alliance around you as well. So everyone was subject to same thing.

(2) Leaderboard at times was not showing some of the other higher end alliances, and so your Overall Rank position as visible there may have been visually incorrect for that war.

(3, and potentially most likely) That war you had gotten matched with an opponent from Tier-2, and you ended up playing on that Tier-2 Map, even though your alliance WR itself still fell within the Tier-1 % range. Has been said by many that what would be showing on War screen would sometimes show you as being in that different Tier (the Tier of the cross-matched Map you’re playing on), instead of your actual Tier.

What I'm looking for more than anything is acknowledging the issue and explaining what happened. With all of the modding and overall cheating going on in war effectively taking away spots for legitimate masters alliances things like this need to go on record. Not going to say any names but there are at least 4 alliances that are known modders/hackers and are in masters right now.....

If #1 is what happened I'd like someone at Kabam to say it was that and then explain how something like that could have happened. At the time there were only 32 alliances in the game with a higher war rating than us and the cutoff was around the top 45 alliances for Tier 1 the war before AND the war after.

If #2 I think there would have been a lot more alliances affected as I don't just think this would be for Tier 1 but would trickle it's way down into platinum and gold.

#3 I highly doubt as our opponent at the time was rated 35 at the time of the war.
    Let me know if you need a new broom to sweep this under the rug. I know the current one is probably worked to death.
    edited December 2020
    Bumping this because now I just think it's funny that it has gone this long without being addressed. Going to be 3 months lol.....