**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will 7 stars be added?

Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Its been quite a while since kabam released 6 stars and this makes me wonder if there will ever be 7 stars
Duping 6 stars only gives iso and sig levels and no shards of any kind so does this mean 7 stars wont be added?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Unlikely, for a while atleast. We can't even max out a 6* yet. When that happens, maybe they will be added.
  • Rlay02Rlay02 Posts: 22
    I mostyped in my message its supposed to he 7 stars not 6 stars sorry about that
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Unlikely, for a while atleast. We can't even max out a 6* yet. When that happens, maybe they will be added.

Yeah, when that point is reached, they likely add 7* to keep the Contest going. Otherwise the game would die because no higher goal to achieve is left.

So they might add them as they ever did (with 5*/6* ...).
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    They should do just simple thing to keep the game interesting in future that Just improve the current 6 stars in better form like when champ gets duped, he do have some abilities that gets unlocked,so just add few more layers on these, like after getting that champ to sig 200,You would be able to unlock some another features of these champs and that would be a good way to make even a average champ into great after some stage and Yeah different star colour for sure!

Edit- what is the point of release of 7 star champs when there are lots of improvement needed in six stars and how much health pool anybody want to smack!If 7 star would be released in future then current abyss will become Labrinyth of legend.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Zan0 said:

Can people please stop asking this question? We would first need to be able to r5 6* but can't even take them up to r4.

And even when we can max them out, there has to be a gap 'till they release 7*.

There was no gap between r5 5 stars and 6 stars
    Because 5* R5 is similiar to 6* R2 (Challenger Rating) ... 6* base is like a 5* R4 only.

So base 7* will be just like a 6* R4, too.
    7R1 is more likely to be like a 6R3. Every star rating at level 1 is similar to a maxed out champ 2 stars lower. If that continues (big if, here), a newly pulled 7* will be equally strong to a 5R5/65, and then 6R3/35 when leveled up to 1/25 (or whatever the level cap may be).
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Nobody wants to pull and rank the same heroes they already own as 2,3,4,5 and possibly 6*s.

If 7* are announced, I’m out.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Im guessing eventually yeah but since there aren't even 6* r4s, probably a while away

This exactly
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    As already mentioned, we need to see something different with 7*s (if that's the route they decide to go). At that point, it would just seem as if we're stuck in a stream of repetitiveness, although we kinda already are if I'm honest. So please Kabam, venture through the realm of creativity and bring us something different with 7*s.

Also, seeing 7 stars on the character boarders would look quite weird.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Once 7 stars are added, every piece of content out now and for the next year will literally become a breeze. Abyss will be like LOL, so I doubt we’ll see 7 stars for at least another 1.5-2 years
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I think a new progression system (i.e.: some kind of special gear or something) should be introduced before 7*s if they are ever introduced at all.
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Posts: 115
    It’s hard to get 6 stars the way it is
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    *ahem* Early June.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    After all the time it’s taken to build a strong 5 and 6 star roster, then to make them close to obsolete with 7 stars would be a mistake. I think they should have added an additional rank to 5*s when 6’s were announced, and made the max on a 6* to be 7/85.

That would extend shelf life, and keep champs relevant longer. A 6/75 5* would be similar to a r3 6*, so that 5*s don’t become extinct in the game once r4 6*s are introduced. Even now it feels dumb to use resources to max out 5*s when we know by this time next year r4 6* will be a thing.

I really don’t want to see all my hard work earning resources be made obsolete. Add longevity to the champs we have and the game itself by keeping them relevant.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I don't wanna ever see 7-stars, otherwise the game would probably die.

thats what people said about 6*

when the time is right I'm sure 7* will be added. Until then, 6* are fine