Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Outdated Aspects of the Game

Just wanted to talk about some parts of the game that made sense at their time of implementation, but are now severely outdated for the current state of the game.

Level Cap
It’s time for the level cap to be increased. I would be curious to know what percentage of players are just sitting here at 60, but it’s getting higher all the time. Raising the cap to 80 is an easy way to make us feel like we have a purpose in the game again. It will give meaning to those xp boosts again. And at this point some more mastery points and quest energy will not be a game breaking mechanic. Also, this could be a good way to earn some of those highly requested items: tier 2 alpha, 5* awakening, etc.

48 Hour Arenas
It’s baffling to me that these arenas still don’t have percentage based rank rewards. This, and crystal cornucopia are the only aspects of the game where you can still earn all milestones and receive no rank rewards. Rewards themselves need updated also. Alpha arena needs more than one alpha earned, and probably some tier 2 shards in the milestones. T4b could be updated to let us start earning shards for that T5b. T4cc needs to actually have a t4cc in the milestones instead of just top ranks.

Daily Loyalty Cap
In an alliance that does 5x5 in AQ and ~3 AW a week, 1000 maximum loyalty a day does not even cover the weekly donations required to do so. I know that you also earn loyalty elsewhere, but by the time donations are due each week I barely have any leftover to use on myself. I’d love to see the daily cap increased to 2500 to cover donations for AQ and AW.

Price of 4* Basic Arena
Not really outdated, but this one has always bothered me. Assuming you win all three fights, the basic arena is the ONLY of the four arenas where you can not earn gold. At best, if you win all three fights against three 4* champs, you break even. If a single 3* is in as as an opponent you lose money. The price of basic arena should be 250 per match. This is so that if you are against 3 3* opponents you break even. If there are 4* in there you can actually earn some gold.

Bases
Lol. Moving on.

Comments

• Options
    @DrZola

Yeah. With the help button there should be a one click does all in both cases. One button to request all champions that are in cool down. One button to help all champions on the list.

With the quest crystals, they just need to do what they did with almost all other crystals now...... have an uncollected version. I can see the value of the original crystals for beginners, but worthless for us.
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    @DrZola

Yeah. With the help button there should be a one click does all in both cases. One button to request all champions that are in cool down. One button to help all champions on the list.

One button to rule them all!
    Lol sorry just had too.
  • Options
    With the class masteries, I don’t necessarily think they are “outdated”; they were just done wrong from the get go.

Mystic: don’t touch, it’s fine

Skill: maybe turn it into a starlord kind of thing,
    With each hit in the combo meter, an additional x amount of armor is ignored. They get better each hit.

Mutant: instead of only bleed closing faster, ALL debuffs close faster.

Tech: pair the energy block with either energy leak or energy steal.

Science: total garbage. Maybe an ability increase instead.

Cosmic: Add physical and/or energy resistance to the armor up.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,562 ★★★★★
    With the class masteries, I don’t necessarily think they are “outdated”; they were just done wrong from the get go.

Mystic: don’t touch, it’s fine

Skill: maybe turn it into a starlord kind of thing,
    With each hit in the combo meter, an additional x amount of armor is ignored. They get better each hit.

Mutant: instead of only bleed closing faster, ALL debuffs close faster.

Tech: pair the energy block with either energy leak or energy steal.

Science: total garbage. Maybe an ability increase instead.

Cosmic: Add physical and/or energy resistance to the armor up.

I like those. Biggest issue should be that all class masteries are either flat value driven or not flat value driven. One reason MD works is that it is % based and not governed by DRS. Pure Skill, in contrast, doesn’t work that way and gets “zeroed” at high levels unless you wind up facing a heavily armored node.

One other notion (bound to be very controversial)...once you strengthen the class masteries, make them non-class specific. Imagine Hypo with “dispersion” lol.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    One other notion (bound to be very controversial)...once you strengthen the class masteries, make them non-class specific. Imagine Hypo with “dispersion” lol.

Dr. Zola

I have never been more scared of a joke before

• Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Quest crystals and arena boost crystals need something
    I have 717 and 543 of each respectively
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,562 ★★★★★
    @GbSarkar @Mr_Otter Just a crazy notion lol

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I do agree the level cap should go up, but one small change would make me change my opinion:

I could care less about the level cap if they dropped the 15 point requirement in each category for unlocking the carbo/class core stuff.

And I do agree with the class masteries needing to be adjusted heavily. And I want my detect cores refunded.
  • Options
    Would love to hear from a mod if ANY of this is actually being worked on.
  • Options
    MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Would be cool to have more levels but I've been at max level over a year. Wouldn't be fair if they just raise the max level arbitrarily because someone just getting to level 60 would be able to continue to level up at the same rate as me. They would have to award all the experience I would have earned questing over the past year to be fair.
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited October 2017
    I thought when y'all mentioned masteries that someone would bring up the fact that we're still waiting for these "new and powerful masteries"
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    yes increase levels, add tier 5 basics and more tier 2 alpha

• Options
    TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Here is one to add to the list. Question HP pots need to be change to % instead of flat value. It will take tons to heal a maxed 5* and 6*s.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Synergies...please for the love of Stan Lee retcon the synergies.
  • Options
    Updated list based on comments:
    Level Cap
    48 Hour Arenas
    Daily Loyalty Cap
    Class Masteries
    Help Button
    Energy Start of AQ and AW
    Potions % based instead of flat value
    Uncollected Quest Crystals
    Price of deals don’t reflect current value of items
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    If they are introducing 6 stars it will not be long before the summoners will have a new cap, and probably some additions to the skill tree. I think it is already planned but they are gonna let us believe they gave it to use cause we asked for it. The truth is a great deal needs to change and pretty quick. The arenas should have been percentage based long ago. It's time to look at going back to and adding new "in" quest drops.(I mean really! The master level awards the same **** until you get the completion or exploration as level 1??? Why? ) Additionally once upon a time you could get an occasional full energy refill, a team restore or revive and the quest crystals just suck hard! And shards are getting to be way overdone. How about you award some crystals and cats that are complete? Would it kill you to let us open 30 2 stars when you have special promotion crystals like the guardians? Award the damn promotional crystals whole at least...quest crystals...that's the kind of complete crystals you get...and dailies...thanks so much for that!
  • Options
    Also there has been a continuous reference to skill a strategy and there is none in the game. Have the highest prestige, need to add summoner team synergies to the aw defense and allow trading of items from our inventories using a gifting badge or come up with a new one...the trading badge. We aught to be able to trade things and help friends...
  • Options
    Hey y'all!

First off, I've moved this over to suggestions and requests due to all the feedback.

I really appreciate the time taken to give us these ideas and thoughts behind current elements of the game. We're always looking to hear constructive feedback that we can take to our teams. Keep it up! I'll make sure this is seen by the right people. :)
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,839 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    If they are introducing 6 stars it will not be long before the summoners will have a new cap, and probably some additions to the skill tree. I think it is already planned but they are gonna let us believe they gave it to use cause we asked for it.

I think this post is spot on.
    When 5* champions was released, the cap level was increased by ten to sixty.
    Summoner Level:
    • The Summoner Level cap has been increased by ten levels to level 60!
    • New level up rewards have been added to these new levels

5-Star Champions:
    • The Collector is introducing a new, legendary breed of Champions, who are so powerful that they bear a 5-Star rating
    • 5-Star Champions come with both visual improvements and gameplay improvements (a new timing mini game has been added to the Special 3 sequence) ensuring that they are our most valuable and powerful Champions yet
  • Options
    Well. They have effectively buried this topic by moving it to suggestions and feedback.
  • Options
    WenfuWenfu Posts: 9
    Bring a decent mastery point for those who finish Labirynth... with that amount of money to spent i think its worthed for mastery points.. and Kabam you can make more money because people will try to complete LOL for that..
  • Options
    With 60 5☆ champs in the crystal I won't be seeing a 6 anytime in the future. Won't be racking up "shards." And it has become like so many (not me) played Pokémon, "Oh yeah! I got a pikachu!" Then when he reaches level 40 you abandoned him becuase you caught a legendary. I would like to fully raise a few of the champs I already have to max before I move on to 6 ☆ actually before i move on to my 5☆ i am beginning to accumulate. Been talk of "trade-ins", how about you let me trade in my suck 5s for a complete class t4cc? I give you my 5 star IP And you give me a tech t4cc? And finally in large part I feel that much of this is driven by a need to appease players who have gotten the idea (and apparently kabam agrees) that they are entitled to more. Okay! So maybe they are! But sorry! I believe we all are!
  • Options
    And FYI Pikachu beat stadium and won surf and there wasn't a legendary in my party sooo...I don't know, there IS a parellel!
  • Options
    A bit off topic Rap. This was for “outdated” aspects of the game. Things that made sense at their time of implementation but no longer function because of the current state of the game.