**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NERF MEDUSA

So I'm fighting Medusa in AW on the immunity miniboss in Tier 2 war. And i was confident in my skills in bringing down this champion because it's just immunity node which isn't a big deal. My issue is that Kabam has completely removed skill from the equation and replaced it for a money grab fight. Medusa on immunity mini boss node was bad enough as it was. Yet, her signature ability to auto block attacks constantly parried me throughout the entire fight thus forcing me to lose. No matter the approach i used whether it was intercepting, baiting out heavy attacks before coming in full clutch to proceed a combo, every opportunity the AI had to autoblock my regular attacks resulted in an automatic parry thus rendering me stunned and therefor useless while the AI combos me to death throughout the duration of the parry. This has happened to me on intercepts, baiting special attacks as well as baiting heavy attacks. Please Kabam for the love of God change the mechanics to how Medusa's auto block interacts with parry or completely modify her signature ability and make her autoblock trigger only through special attacks instead of regular combos. It completely removes the purpose of being skilled and makes the fight a pure money grab. It's fine fighting Medusa in event quests but when it comes to war it opens up a whole other can of worms and needs to be changed. Please i would love to hear some feedback on how Kabam plans to change this or do something to implement skill into this sort of fight instead of a contest of who can spend more units to take down a single champion. @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Doot

Comments

• Options
    MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    Fight her like Juggy...she can't Auto block without 3 furys active...wait till they expire...Also, nullify champs may work.
  • Options
    MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    Guess I shouldn't have said that being I will rank mine up for AW soon lol...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You just don't know how to fight her ...
    I was able to defeat a 4/55 Medusa as AW boss in one-shot. You simply need to attack her while she is blocking under 3 fury buffs. You can intercept and attack her once, but not twice.
    After the furys fall off, you can continue to hit her. Repeat the process.
  • Options
    na_na_ Posts: 55
    She's easy enough with SW.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    As what most have already mentioned, auto block only can occur if Medusa has 3 furies active. If her 3 furies are active, wait for the furies to cooldown (or, if you happen to be using champs like SW or Magik and have enough power, launch a special at her to nullify the furies).

Kinda hate it when you just flat out said:
    It completely removes the purpose of being skilled and makes the fight a pure money grab.

Your motive was to make Kabam somehow "implement skill into this sort of fight" with Medusa, when it is ironic that there IS a counter to her that can be done by any champ and is ust a matter of how you play. It's like fighting Juggernaut, then saying he needs a nerf because you get countered whenever you try to hit him when he has unstoppable.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I find it very weird that you consider this a money grab, when fighting medusa is in fact all about skill. probably not as good as you think you are. go practice
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Try bringing Mordo or BPCW on attack when you see her as a mini also. Reflect the stuns right back.
  • Options
    biggestnoobbiggestnoob Posts: 56
    Thanks everyone! I wasn't aware that I would have to wait for her fury stacks to expire or go below 3 in order to avoid the living hair strand buff she attains through the 3 fury stacks! I'm definitely gonna squeeze some practice in. I knew there was a way around it, just didn't know what it was. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    nellify her fury and you are good to go she is easy but auto block is dengerous
  • Options
    ProtisakProtisak Posts: 66
    edited October 2017
    Lol, was abit arrogant to think because you couldnt down her there was no answer lol. All that aside i am sure this post helped many as you are most definately not the only person who had a tough time
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Well this is awkward.
  • Options
    HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    Lol...wut?
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    so if OP cant beat a champ, I guess the only solution is nerfing that champ :open_mouth:
  • Options
    biggestnoobbiggestnoob Posts: 56
    The thing is Medusa was placed on immunity mini boss node in AW which means all debuffs do not work. Parry does not work, power drain, power steal, power lock, bleed, poison, e.t.c. I am assuming Nullify will not work on a champion that is placed on Immunity because Nullify places an effect that removes buffs so I would imagine Nullify will not work on Immunity mini boss node. I could be wrong about that.
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Nullify will work on immunity as will vision power drain because it doesn't apply a buff it passive. As is nullify
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    Dr strange.

Counterspell will auto remove her fury and also feed his MD if you have it unlocked. His SP2 also nullifies and his SP3 will fate seal her so she can’t gain any buffs.

Rogue.

Her SP1 will steal her fury and life steal as well.

Loki.

Buff steal on SP1

SW.

Nullify

Mordo.

Astral evade. unless she decides to let off a special attack.

Quite a few options.
  • Options
    MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    This is why we can't have good things. Medusa is perfectly fine as is. I really have a hard time understanding why so many people want to nerf the good champs. Would you rather have Medusa be on She-Hulk level? I can respect your opinion but we really need to stop asking for nerfs...