**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I beat the Champion and the Grandmaster... in one day!

te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Hello everybody,

this is my second thread opened on the forum, because i don't really like bragging about what i've done in the game (though i love bragging when i pull a good champion, i admit ^^"), but i'm really too proud of what i've accomplished yesterday.

It all started two days ago, when i tried to do the 2nd chapter of the champion challenge and failed miserably and didn't feel ready enough to do V5 exploration, so i decided to try the second chapter, first time ever trying Act 6 after becoming cavalier in april. I entered the quest, did the fights, beat the boss and thought:"it isn't that bad". I continued, fight after fight, boss after boss, and when i actually two-shotted the Champion without any prior practice i realized that i could actually complete the whole Act.

So i decided to go on and do the 3rd chapter, and it was 2:00 A.M. when i finally beat Cap IW. I started the 4th chapter, but i was really tired, so i took a break and went to bed. The next morning i just chilled a bit, and in the afternoon i decided to finish my run. One boss down, two bosses down, three bosses down... Until i reached the Grandmaster, took a breath and went in. Results? As you can see from the pic at the start of this thread i was able to complete all three acts in less than 24 hours. Never been more proud of myself in this game, i'm still excited *_*

Rewards weren't that good, at least for champions pull: two hood dupes, quake dupe and miles morales dupe from 5* dual crystals, twenty more sigs. on my 5* doom from the Nexus (a good nexus, but i didn't make any difference to my roster), 6* beast dupe and 6* Spider-Gwen (the only really good pull); what i loved was the amount of rank-up resources that i've got, giving me a lot of options now *_*

I will surely post a detailed list with chosen paths and how good or bad were the bosses, but right now i want to wait for the new Act coming in (actually it dropped just as i was editing this thread, so excited *_*), i was just too happy to keep this achievement for myself *_*

Thank you very much to all of you that has stopped by, i hope you're all well, i'll leave you for now with this screenshot, taken when fighting the grandmaster: i wasn't recording the fight, i just pressed the button when i saw the "K.O" popping up on the screen ^_^

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Awesome! Who did you use for the champion?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    congrats;
  • kapt_krunchkapt_krunch Posts: 15
    Me right now. Taking a break before beginning GM fight. Did you receive the TB title after completing if you have a R3 6 star?
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    In a day?
    That must have been some grind. You free to play?
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Congratulations! Would love to see your tips on how to take down the GM and what team you used
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Congrats man! Now do 7.1 too. 😂

(Half serious, it's so much easier than 6.2-4)
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    CONGRATS
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Sorry if it took so much to reply but i was doing completion of 7.1, it was so much fun! I loved it more than the completion of act 6, i can't wait to explore the whole chapter *_*

first of i want to say <<thank you>> to everybody for your words and your "reactions", it makes me very happy in this moment ^_^ now, let's reply to the answer!

@Crcrcrc i used a 5* R5 doom for that fight, with a 5* Guardian in my team. Don't ask me more tips because i don't have any, i didn't know what i was doing aside from continually doing MLLLH combos to stagger and bait out specials to get openings ^^"

@SpideyFunko & @Kill_Grey (i read the post where you mentioned me) i tried to translate the word "wholesome" but i don't think i've understood what you mean, i'm sorry. Would you mind explaining it to me please? ^^"

@kapt_krunch sadly i don't have an R3 champion so no, i didn't receive the new title, but i'll get it sooner or later ^_^

@Unio77 yes it was, bad it was enjoyable for the most part so it didn't seems that exhausting honestly. I'm not free-to-play but i haven't spent a single unit on items, they were all slowly farmed. The only exception are energy refills, i bought one basically for every quest but the quest completion rewards balanced the loss, so i ended with a little more units than when i started ^_^

@PastorAmerica i learned while playing, i took some revives (i think about 15/20 in total) but it was worth it. I mostly used apocalypse at the start, and then switched to doom when the second phase started. The third phase is probably the worst (at least for me) because by the time the you complete all five missions the reverted controls are active, it took me a good amount of tries to actually be able to enter the wounded state and do damage.
    One tip that i can give you is to bait the SP1 when he is in the second and third phase, because if he goes to an SP2 it hurts... A LOT! My doom is at R5, i was fully boosted and had a 5* guardian in my team and still lost about 50% of my health from a single blocked SP2.
    In the end, don't be afraid to use a revive if needed, there isn't really a way to prepare to this fight. good luck on your run ^_^

@Etjama just done XD And you're right, the completion was easy, at least for my roster, i'll see how the exploration will go ^_^

It just means you’re very very nice and lovely, that’s all.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

It just means you’re very very nice and lovely, that’s all.

When i googled it, "wholesome" was translated into a word that in italian means "healthy", that's why i didn't understand at first ^^" But thank you for your kind words, they are really appreciated *_*
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Congrats! I did a much lesser version of your accomplishment (got Cav on my main and UC on my mini in one day) last Feb 1. Let's see your pulls if you're opening them soon. 👍
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Wow that's awesome. Congrats!

And here I can't get past that son of b*tch 6.2.2 Sinister, stuck there for like 3-4 months now. Will be doing it soon with Abom and Rg synergy.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Man, this brought me back lol. I've only ever done 5.3 and 5.4 back to back. It was probably the most fun I had in the entire game and I don't even remember my pulls cause I didn't care about them haha
  • Congrats! Now it’s time to let those fingers rest for a day