**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

TB - Anyone else feel pushed to do Abyss run?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

Lormif said:

-sixate- said:

3 guys did an Abyss run the past few days in my alliance. One is currently at IW. Cavs are getting screwed over so bad it's forcing guys to do it. Good for business, but shady af imo.

oh noes, progression titles push you to do progression....
    I've been TB for a while. I do think the R3 requirement is unfair. It's got nothing to do with progression and everything to do about spending money.
    It is about account progression, which requires you to do progression content, OR wait, and considering the target for the title is people with a large number of r3s, what makes it unfair that you only need one?
    I disagree, UC Cav and TB are story progression titles. Not account progression titles. R3 is a money thing. Period
    that used to be the case, when progression was hard, it is no longer hard, therefore it is not a story progression.
    I still disagree. The R3 requirement is trash. A guy who just complete his Abyss run is considering a R3 Psylocke to get TB. That is not fair to be forced into ranking trash champs. Ranking up garbage is not account progression. It's a kick in the nuts.
    There is no "force", there is a choice. you say as much in the sentence. "considering". It is not like kabam is taking the t5cc and making him do it. Just like doing story content was a choice, and you were never made to do it. These TB hate threads are so full of contradictions.
    Again. I disagree. He must R3 Psylocke to get TB. Or get lucky with RNG on t5cc. Or buy a lot of Cav crystals and pray to the rng gods for a great mutant champ. So he has one easy choice. R3 Psylocke. Would you do it if it were your only option?
    or, and here me out, he could wait, do arenas and other things, get a better mutant, and then upgrade and get TB. He wants TB now, which is why he is going to rank up Psylocke. That by definition is an optional decision that he makes.

No, I would not do it, I would wait until I had a better champ BECAUSE IT IS A CHOICE. Him wanting TB does not mean that Kabam is forgoing him to rank up a champion, it is still his choice.
    C'mon, you can't tell me you don't understand why guys feel forced and have no choice when their rng sucks. And the TB title was forced and dumb imo. It was created way after the fact so guys sitting at Cav got left out over bad rng. That sucks, and I feel for those guys.
    *feels forced* is not forced. And again someone with only 1 r3 is not the target audience, it is YOUR CHOICE to force the upgraded title. I dont feel bad for people who are out side of the target audience not getting it, I feel bad for people in the target audience not getting it. Them making it easier to get then the target audience does not really change that the dude is not in the target and making the choice is on him
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    It’s disgusting
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    What they “said” versus what they did is key here.

I realize Miike said TB was aimed at players with multiple R3’s, but Miike says a lot of things—to me, that sounds like something someone said at some team meeting somewhere—not really meant to be taken as Gospel.

The fact that it isn’t what they did speaks louder than something someone heard someone say somewhere.

I’m in total agreement with people like @xNig here—make it only available after 100% Act 6, Abyss and whatever else. In fact, make it contingent on being 100% done with all new content within 30 days of its release and make it a title you can lose if you don’t. Heck, give it to only the first 100 to complete new content.

But once you water it down or start selling access, then all those arguments about “target audience” are null and void.

Dr. Zola
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    DrZola said:

But once you water it down or start selling access, then all those arguments about “target audience” are null and void.

Dr. Zola

Interesting take. Can you elaborate? I guess I'm curious as to why this time is different. They sold t5 basic. They sold t2a. They've sold t4cc. So why is this time different.

I'm genuinely curious here.
    DrZola said:

I realize Miike said TB was aimed at players with multiple R3’s, but Miike says a lot of things—to me, that sounds like something someone said at some team meeting somewhere—not really meant to be taken as Gospel.

The fact that it isn’t what they did speaks louder than something someone heard someone say somewhere.

I’m in total agreement with people like @xNig here—make it only available after 100% Act 6, Abyss and whatever else. In fact, make it contingent on being 100% done with all new content within 30 days of its release and make it a title you can lose if you don’t. Heck, give it to only the first 100 to complete new content.

Dr. Zola

the implementation of it indicates the target audience is many R3s as well, as if they wanted the target audience to be just 1 r3 then they would have made it easier than 1 r3.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

the implementation of it indicates the target audience is many R3s as well, as if they wanted the target audience to be just 1 r3 then they would have made it easier than 1 r3.
    If that's the case then why is the requirement for becoming uncollected completion of 5.2. If their target audience is people who are capable of completing 5.2 (which they said it was) then by your logic the requirement should be to beat act 4.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 35
    Yep. This is the point. Incentive to get off your tails and get TB.

Cav os the middle class of mcoc now. The tax is heavy. Get that TB!
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    edited December 2020
    If you want the rewards, dot he work! Lol seriously, you think all of us thronebreaker people haven’t done abyss? Cmon, stop whining and put in the work, you think getting uncollected/cavalier was easy? No but if you wanted the better rewards, you completed it.
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

If the audience was many R3s then it should have been many R3s. We can do this circle all day.
    If the objective were many R3s then reaching the target would require luck, by lowering the target they allowed the target to get the objective without any RNG, making your statement make no sense.
    Meebleton said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

If that's the case then why is the requirement for becoming uncollected completion of 5.2. If their target audience is people who are capable of completing 5.2 (which they said it was) then by your logic the requirement should be to beat act 4.
    because cavalier has no aspect that requires RNG, I mean what kinda of reply is that? setting an objective equal to the target when talking about rank ups has a strong RNG element, as the people who thing the target audience is 1 r3 point out. Defeating story content has no RNG element.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Oh noes mega whales with years of experience essentially telling other players to get good and sit in front of their phones for a few days for a chance at the T5CC you need
    Tiger360 said:

Oh noes mega whales with years of experience essentially telling other players to get good and sit in front of they phones for a few days for a chance at the T5CC you need

who *needs* t5cc? there is no content in the game that requires r3 6*, it is all desire at this point.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

If the audience was many R3s then it should have been many R3s. We can do this circle all day.
    If the objective were many R3s then reaching the target would require luck, by lowering the target they allowed the target to get the objective without any RNG, making your statement make no sense.
    But people had multiple R3s before Thronebreaker was out. This is the argument people keep pushing who are Thronebreaker. So why didn't they keep that? Oh right. Because they didn't want the 1% who would be Thronebreaker by Cyber Weekend to be closer to 0.1%.

This isn't about giving players something to aim for, this is 100% about Kabam pushing players to pay further. They knew rhat having the Carrot so high would deter the majority of Cav players from attempting to get to Thronebreaker, and by "lowering" the bar to entry made it easier for people to be twisted into buying the so called "rare" T5CC frags selectors.

If you think that Kabam is doing this to be anything other than greedy and strong arm those who want to earn rewards that they are 100% capable of doing before the arbitrary entry barrier was put in, you are blind. This is only causing a rift between players, and not what any company should aspire to do.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Meebleton said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

because cavalier has no aspect that requires RNG, I mean what kinda of reply is that? setting an objective equal to the target when talking about rank ups has a strong RNG element, as the people who thing the target audience is 1 r3 point out. Defeating story content has no RNG element.
    Oh so now there's RNG involved in getting Thronebreaker, despite you previously saying that RNG was not a factor if you did the content.
    edited December 2020
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Oh noes mega whales with years of experience essentially telling other players to get good and sit in front of they phones for a few days for a chance at the T5CC you need

who *needs* t5cc? there is no content in the game that requires r3 6*, it is all desire at this point.
    People who are in top competitive alliances and spend definitely need it. Look at how big the difference was between Cav and TB offers, today’s anni calendar even. Cavs are getting a middle finger, we are basically UC now. It’s literally locked behind RNG as well so you can’t really make the argument it’s all about a players skill, and if you really wanted to you could just buy your way through Abyss and get TB very quickly
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

But people had multiple R3s before Thronebreaker was out. This is the argument people keep pushing who are Thronebreaker. So why didn't they keep that? Oh right. Because they didn't want the 1% who would be Thronebreaker by Cyber Weekend to be closer to 0.1%.

This isn't about giving players something to aim for, this is 100% about Kabam pushing players to pay further. They knew rhat having the Carrot so high would deter the majority of Cav players from attempting to get to Thronebreaker, and by "lowering" the bar to entry made it easier for people to be twisted into buying the so called "rare" T5CC frags selectors.

If you think that Kabam is doing this to be anything other than greedy and strong arm those who want to earn rewards that they are 100% capable of doing before the arbitrary entry barrier was put in, you are blind. This is only causing a rift between players, and not what any company should aspire to do.
    why didnt they keep what? your argument makes no sense. Yes they have a threashold for what they want to get the title over time, that is not a money grab

The only rift is creating is between players who feel entitled to the best rewards (cavs) and those who dont. This is the same argument that was dismissed by the playerbase when uncollected because second class citizens.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★

Talk about being forced, I just opened the 10% from Cav EQ and formed mystic. Case could be made for Morningstar and Mephisto I guess, but yeah.... I guess if I want TB now, i use it on a champ I really will regret...

you could definitely do A LOT worse than Mephisto and Morningstar .. I wouldn't be mad at having a R3 of either champ.
    Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

why didnt they keep what? your argument makes no sense. Yes they have a threashold for what they want to get the title over time, that is not a money grab

The only rift is creating is between players who feel entitled to the best rewards (cavs) and those who dont. This is the same argument that was dismissed by the playerbase when uncollected because second class citizens.
    No... you could get Cav by skill, BG did it in a week. You can’t get TB solely by skill because it’s locked behind a requirement to have a rank 3 6 star, and even then it’s not even guaranteed if you will be able to take someone up because let’s be honest not everyone is going to rank 3 a Dormamu, but with these deals and the way Cav is being nerfed they feel obliged to otherwise they will get shafted with everything
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Guys you don’t NEED to do abyss to be a thronebreaker. I’ll give you 2 examples on why:

Myself: I have not done an abyss run yet and I am thronebreaker. I 100% act 6, 100% LoL and 100% all variants. I also don’t not spend much. I spent on July 4th and Black Friday (I did not whale out I have a family and financial responsibilities lol). My 6 star luck isn’t the best. I have 48 6 stars maybe 49 and 10 are useable. I have 2 rank 3s and close to a 3rd.

My buddy same alliance: completely free to play, 1 pass of LoL, 100% variants 2-5, 1 pass of abyss and 100% act 6. He had 1 rank 3 because his luck was bad. He finally managed to rank 3, 2 champs yesterday after first pass of book 7. Pulled a torch, that science t5 was sitting in his inventory since his abyss run (4 months) and he formed his mutant t5 for magneto.

So moral of the story: you don’t NEED to do abyss to be a thronebreaker. Just join a good map 6 alliance, good p3 alliance and be willing to spend resources to get better. Glory, time, arena, pots, revives.
    Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

No... you could get Cav by skill, BG did it in a week. You can’t get TB solely by skill because it’s locked behind a requirement to have a rank 3 6 star, and even then it’s not even guaranteed if you will be able to take someone up because let’s be honest not everyone is going to rank 3 a Dormamu, but with these deals and the way Cav is being nerfed they feel obliged to otherwise they will get shafted with everything
    I have never said you couldnt get cav by skill, I litterally said you could. So I am not sure what your "no..."means.

And no, you cannot get TB by anything other thing luck....UNLESS YOU ARE BELOW THE TARGET AUDIANCE
    Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Are you playing dumb? Why didn't they keep the multiple R3 requirement? Was it because they wanted to lower the entry barrier out if the kindness of their hearts? No.

They released the Thronebreaker progression 2 months after Cavalier Difficulty released. Weeks before the Cyber Weekend deals.

Should they have released Thronebreaker during Act 7? Definitely. Should they have kept the original requirements? Definitely. Should they be held accountable for the backlash they're receiving from the largest group of active summoners? DEFINITELY.
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I have never said you couldnt get cav by skill, I litterally said you could. So I am not sure what your "no..."means.

And no, you cannot get TB by anything other thing luck....UNLESS YOU ARE BELOW THE TARGET AUDIANCE
    If you have a T5CC you are the target audience, you were just shafted by RNG. Don’t try to tell me that having bad RNG takes you out of the target audience because it will make you look like a massive fool. You would literally defend a steaming pile of dung if it was put out for $500 dollars
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Are you playing dumb? Why didn't they keep the multiple R3 requirement? Was it because they wanted to lower the entry barrier out if the kindness of their hearts? No.

They released the Thronebreaker progression 2 months after Cavalier Difficulty released. Weeks before the Cyber Weekend deals.

Should they have released Thronebreaker during Act 7? Definitely. Should they have kept the original requirements? Definitely. Should they be held accountable for the backlash they're receiving from the largest group of active summoners? DEFINITELY.
    because keeping the multiple r3 requirement would have required the target audience to rely solely on RNG, where as by lowering it it means that no member of the target audience has to rely on luck..... I mean really how is this so hard to understand? I have stated this like 3 times.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    If you have 3 T5CCs, you’ll almost definitely have someone ready to bring up to R3 for TB. It’s as simple as that.

If you have only 1, then you’re at the mercy of rng if you do not want to do a forced/mediocre rank up.
    Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

If you have a T5CC you are the target audience, you were just shafted by RNG. Don’t try to tell me that having bad RNG takes you out of the target audience because it will make you look like a massive fool. You would literally defend a steaming pile of dung if it was put out for $500 dollars
    No, you are not, as they have stated. If you have only acquired 1 TC55 you are not in the target audience of multiple r3s, just by sheer math. They allow you to get it with the help of RNG to make sure that the target audience is not hurt by RNG.
    Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

because keeping the multiple r3 requirement would have required the target audience to rely solely on RNG, where as by lowering it it means that no member of the target audience has to rely on luck..... I mean really how is this so hard to understand? I have stated this like 3 times.
    No, it wouldn't have relied on RNG. There's enough T5CC in the game to form 3 T5CC for that. We know this because players had 3 or more before Thronebreaker progressing was released. So why didn't they keep it Lormif? Come on, there's only so many times I can beat this into your head.

They wanted more than 0.1% of the playerbase to achieve that title before the last Thursday of November. And they knew people would spend to reach it, because they lowered that dangling carrot just enough for people to bite at the chance. You know it. I know it. The "generously" lower entry barrier wasn't done for the benefit of the player, it was done at the greed of Kabam.
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

No, it wouldn't have relied on RNG. There's enough T5CC in the game to form 3 T5CC for that. We know this because players had 3 or more before Thronebreaker progressing was released. So why didn't they keep it Lormif? Come on, there's only so many times I can beat this into your head.

They wanted more than 0.1% of the playerbase to achieve that title before the last Thursday of November. And they knew people would spend to reach it, because they lowered that dangling carrot just enough for people to bite at the chance. You know it. I know it. The "generously" lower entry barrier wasn't done for the benefit of the player, it was done at the greed of Kabam.
    really? says the people complaining about getting just ONE is heavily reliant on RNG? Also your augment under "we know this" ignores the fact that those people relied on....RNG...to have 3 at that time. you are contridicting your own argument in real time.