**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New arena points clarified [Title edited for clarity]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Oh, I'll still Grind it. Then again, I have a great deal of time and an extensive 2* Roster. I can see how it would be daunting for some.
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    -sixate- said:

njandy said:

i made it to 250k. i will go no farther. ai gets real shifty if ya know what i mean. 130 plus hits each fight, bunch of regen wolverines, unstoppable juggs, limboing magic. feel like my time is better well spend not grinding my life away to pull another 6 star groot

130+ hits, you're doing it wrong!
    200ish level spider man vs 900ish wolverine. every bit of 130 hits fam.

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

That's the original road to 1million arena from december 2017. It's the same points multiplier system.
    Yes 4x more points, but you have to get over 18 5* dupes to get that many 6* shards.
    Work.For.It.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    njandy said:

-sixate- said:

njandy said:

i made it to 250k. i will go no farther. ai gets real shifty if ya know what i mean. 130 plus hits each fight, bunch of regen wolverines, unstoppable juggs, limboing magic. feel like my time is better well spend not grinding my life away to pull another 6 star groot

130+ hits, you're doing it wrong!
    200ish level spider man vs 900ish wolverine. every bit of 130 hits fam.

You have a full week. Just use your max 2*. Like I said. You're doing it wrong! Not one of my fights has lasted more than 22 hits.
  • MousiasMousias Posts: 39
    Odachi said:

I understand people have enjoyed free gifts and calenders etc - so yeah it's real sad for an event to come up where you are required to... work for this? I'm offended and want to speak to the manager.

I responded to another comment similar to that. Grinding arena is not "working for it". Is just playing a boring mode. Everyone would be fine if they threw some kind of anniversary challenge, maybe defeating a boss from each year of the game or something. But spending 15-20 hours in arenas is just a punishment.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

You get around 5300 points per fight after reaching the 3x multiplier (this is approximate some will give less but more than likely you will get more)

5300 × 3 = 15,900 - ×3 because there are 3 fight in 1 rotation

15,900 × 16 = 254,400 - assume you did 16 rotation

254,400 × 2 = 508,800 - 16 rotations 2 times a day

508,800 × 7 = 3,561,600 - 16 rotations 2 times a day for 7 days

3.5M is enough for you to get 4500 6* star shards.

You might be thinking this 16 rotations take too long and you don't have time for it well...

Let's assume the time taken to load in your champions, finish all the fights and start the next is 5 minutes i.e. the time taken for 1 rotation (which is highballing it even for slow devices)

5 × 16 = 80 - time taken for 16 rotations

80 × 2 =160 - time taken for 16 rotations 2 times a day

160 × 7 = 1120 - time taken in minutes to reach the 3.5M milestone across 7 days.

You're probably thinking 1120 minutes is absurd but let's break it down.

1120 ÷ 7 = 160 - time needed in one day to reach the milestone in minutes

160 ÷ 2 = 80 - time needed twice a day in minutes

80 ÷ 60 = 1.333333... - time needed twice a day in hours. 1.33333 equates to around 1 hour and 20 minutes.

To summarise everything up, if u spend 1 hour and 20 minutes, twice a day for 7 days doing the arena you will get 4500 6* shards. To me, when said like this, it sounds much more realistic

phil56201 said:

So I'm at 330k after just hitting the infinite streak. And thats with all the maintenance. Not sure why folks think this is so undoable. We have an entire week to finish. Arena grinding must be a thing of the past with this new player base.

This arena takes place during the time of midterm review and midterms. Students who actually care about their grades don't have time to do 3 hrs of grinding a day.
    Then do whats best for you. No one is saying you have to do it...it's just a game.
    Mousias said:

Odachi said:

I understand people have enjoyed free gifts and calenders etc - so yeah it's real sad for an event to come up where you are required to... work for this? I'm offended and want to speak to the manager.

I responded to another comment similar to that. Grinding arena is not "working for it". Is just playing a boring mode. Everyone would be fine if they threw some kind of anniversary challenge, maybe defeating a boss from each year of the game or something. But spending 15-20 hours in arenas is just a punishment.
    That's exactly what it is. That's why they call it a "Grind". ;)
  • Hey everybody, today it has been released the 4 star, 5 star and the 6 star arena Shards, because of the anniversary.

Looking at the 4 and 5 star arenas, they looked like I would have to grind, but not that much. Once I got to the 6 star arena I realized that to get 5000 6 star shards it is required 4 mil points.

Making Some calculations, It came to notice that to do all the milestones on the 6 star arena it would require you to play for approx 16 hours !!!

There have been some arenas like these ones where 2 and 1 star champs gave much more points and you didn’t have to grind that much.

Kabam team, is the multiplier right ? I think for a month like this, where there is so much content, putting such a grindy arena is not going to incentive people to play and enjoy the game.

Please leave your thoughts on the comments :)
  • Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    It is
  • Gil0610Gil0610 Posts: 192
    It is right
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    A maxed 2* with 3x multiplier gives a little less than 6k points. It won't be a pleasant grind, but it is doable.
  • A maxed 2* with 3x multiplier gives a little less than 6k points. It won't be a pleasant grind, but it is doable.

I think its wrong, because they putted the same event, but you would get in turn of 30 thousand points per 2 star. That’s what I don’t get it

• DernickDernick Posts: 26
    I hate this arena. It will take a lot of time.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    There are already a ton of threads on this subject. The arenas are working as intended, the point requirement for the 6* arena was drastically increased due to the rewards.
  • There are already a ton of threads on this subject. The arenas are working as intended, the point requirement for the 6* arena was drastically increased due to the rewards.

Still, It’s just now worth grinding 17 hours to get a Green Goblin! For me it doesn’t make sense

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

phil56201 said:

You get around 5300 points per fight after reaching the 3x multiplier (this is approximate some will give less but more than likely you will get more)

5300 × 3 = 15,900 - ×3 because there are 3 fight in 1 rotation

15,900 × 16 = 254,400 - assume you did 16 rotation

254,400 × 2 = 508,800 - 16 rotations 2 times a day

508,800 × 7 = 3,561,600 - 16 rotations 2 times a day for 7 days

3.5M is enough for you to get 4500 6* star shards.

You might be thinking this 16 rotations take too long and you don't have time for it well...

Let's assume the time taken to load in your champions, finish all the fights and start the next is 5 minutes i.e. the time taken for 1 rotation (which is highballing it even for slow devices)

5 × 16 = 80 - time taken for 16 rotations

80 × 2 =160 - time taken for 16 rotations 2 times a day

160 × 7 = 1120 - time taken in minutes to reach the 3.5M milestone across 7 days.

You're probably thinking 1120 minutes is absurd but let's break it down.

1120 ÷ 7 = 160 - time needed in one day to reach the milestone in minutes

160 ÷ 2 = 80 - time needed twice a day in minutes

80 ÷ 60 = 1.333333... - time needed twice a day in hours. 1.33333 equates to around 1 hour and 20 minutes.

To summarise everything up, if u spend 1 hour and 20 minutes, twice a day for 7 days doing the arena you will get 4500 6* shards. To me, when said like this, it sounds much more realistic

phil56201 said:

So I'm at 330k after just hitting the infinite streak. And thats with all the maintenance. Not sure why folks think this is so undoable. We have an entire week to finish. Arena grinding must be a thing of the past with this new player base.

This arena takes place during the time of midterm review and midterms. Students who actually care about their grades don't have time to do 3 hrs of grinding a day.
    Then do whats best for you. No one is saying you have to do it...it's just a game.
    I thought it was a "gift"
    We got the gift in our inbox.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

A maxed 2* with 3x multiplier gives a little less than 6k points. It won't be a pleasant grind, but it is doable.

I think its wrong, because they putted the same event, but you would get in turn of 30 thousand points per 2 star. That’s what I don’t get it

This is exactly like last year. Maybe you weren't around then.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

If you guys think that's a lot of arena you must never play. I'll have these shards done this weekend without much effort.

It's a lot of arena for those of us who hate the arena lol. Kabam whiffed on this one. It's all good though. Still a great month.
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Act 7 and variant are permanent.
    Still have 27 days for EQ
    Plenty of time left to do the other side events.
    These arenas have the shortest timer.
    Do the arena or don’t. It’s your choice and time management.
  • nilaebrannilaebran Posts: 104
    I'm sure the arena scores are bugged, previous 1* 2* event arenas awarded far more points.. I'll wait till they fix it and if it's not a bug i'll get my shards some place else, not worth throwing out the window a day of the week for 1 arena only for half a 6* that most probably will be fisty fist.. Assuming someone would want to do all 3 of them they should grind 3 days out of 7? In addition to eq, boss rush, act7 and the piggy shards event? Dude, get serious..

-sixate- said:

If you guys think that's a lot of arena you must never play. I'll have these shards done this weekend without much effort.

It's a lot of arena for those of us who hate the arena lol. Kabam whiffed on this one. It's all good though. Still a great month.
    I wonder how many people who hate this complain about Gold?! Lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

I dont like arenas
    i hate them in fact, find it boring and repetitive...

So i just wont run them and miss out of the shards. If i want the shards, i have to run arenas. This isnt difficult.

It's not difficult and you're not wrong. But this is supposed to be about gifts and anniversaries and celebrations. A little two star arena is fun for the novelty. A long drawn out grind, not so much. People are providing feedback as the event feels like a whiff and maybe Kabam will change it. No one is confused about the current options.