**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Blade worth ranking up in 2020?

Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Actually, I am just an f2p player.
Generally, do AW, AQ and EQ and trying to get act 5 100% completion.
I have ghost rider and Starkey at r3.
I just r4 my blade over Aegon sig90?
Is Blade still a good champion in 2020?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,810 ★★★★★
    over Ægon?

I guess if you really like Blade.
  • Options

over Ægon?

I guess if you really like Blade.

Actually, I am not good with ramp up champs.
    Maybe when I will go for act 6, I will go for Aegon.

Thanks to all for your suggestions
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 970 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Ksp_2099 said:

Yes he is Good..
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    In these latest side quests he is good for epic and master maybe legendary depending on your roster.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    If he's awakened, he is still good. Great regeneration champ

I know you said your Aegon was sig 90 but I don't think you mentioned the sig of Blade
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I still use him in act 6. So handy for stuff like do you bleed. Cav eq with parry applying a bleed your up to that 10 fury stack fast without you sp. And regen on tap if duped. Still a very handy champ in the stable. Sounds like you did aegon first which was a smart choice but blade should be on your rank up list
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    He's only good with the pacify mastery and suicides otherwise he is a bottom tier skill these days. There are at least 15 skill champs better than him now. He could use a bit of a tune up imo
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Savage said:

He's only good with the pacify mastery and suicides otherwise he is a bottom tier skill these days. There are at least 15 skill champs better than him now. He could use a bit of a tune up imo

I've found him very useful in parts of act 6 without either of those. I would absolutely detest having to deal with recoil and 30% reduction on heal through perma poison.
    What are you talking about?

(Edit: I get to 8 champion you might argue are better... please play blade for a second, he's better than you think)
  • Options
    its_kenits_ken Posts: 34
    blade is still great for 2020 and act 5. you’ll collect more resources as you progress and then you can take up ægon for act 6. good luck!
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    still valuable, regen is great for questing and saving pots. With synergies he can shut down alot of annoying interactions of Villains and Mystics which there is 73 champions that fit that profile. if the opponent can bleed he has very good power gain too. His sp1 can't be glanced.
  • Options
    Savage said:

Just checking that we're talking about the same champion here...

He's got regen on demand, arguably the best counter for dimensional beings, becomes one of the best matchups for most mystics/villains with the right synergy partner, has very reliable bleeds can shrug debuffs depending on his power level. Very simple to master.
    I can think of two skill champions who are definitely better than him in Aegon and NF. I can see the argument with SSS but I'm not personally a fan but that's it. I guess if you're really stretching, you could throw Falcon and Elsa in on par with him in use.

He's the perfect Jack of All trades - his one bad matchup is Cable and you can just play that stun immune and heal the block damage.

For narrower rosters he's still one of the best options for early Act 6 where ⅔ of the final bosses are either villains or mystics.
  • Options

Bidzy7 said:

still valuable, regen is great for questing and saving pots. With synergies he can shut down alot of annoying interactions of Villains and Mystics which there is 73 champions that fit that profile. if the opponent can bleed he has very good power gain too. His sp1 can't be glanced.

The thing about bladeis that while he is good with synergies, GR is terrible in act 6 unless u want the longest fights ever.
    I personally find the argument that champion X needs a synergy to be good quite redundant. There's a host of champions that 90% of the player base will only play with synergies and many of those synergy partners aren't great to get the best out of the original champion and none of us flinch at sacrificing the slot.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    hes defo an act 5 MVP, but when it gets around to end game content he lacks, but good for mid game.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I'm gonna for sentimental value. I wanted that Blade back then, and who knows. Maybe Ghost Rider will get a tune up or a cool syynergy or something and I can use the pair everywhere.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    In my opinion, blade is only worth ranking up if you have no other good skill champions.
  • Options
    KablKabl Posts: 315 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Savage said:

Sure he is. Name these 15 "better" skill champs than him.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    he was made for act 5
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

I have him rank 5 on my main, rank 4 on an alt. Like it or not, for most of us Aegon is not going to make the questing roster. Not for Act 5 100% anyway. Is NF better? Yeah, but you work with the pulls you get.

I think lots of people have forgotten the joy of turning off a node in act 5 with danger sense, and then firing that sp2 to disintegrate the opponent. He’s worth a few t2a, and I think a better early rank up than Aegon. Aegon will still be there when you are looking at later content.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

he was made for act 5

Yup. Mephisto, modok, ultron? All those guys can be mitigated by Blade with his synergies.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Not over Aegon
  • Options
    kfd2010 said:

If he's awakened, he is still good. Great regeneration champ

I know you said your Aegon was sig 90 but I don't think you mentioned the sig of Blade

Blade is Sig90.
    I love the regen, one of the best regen in the game.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    No