Options

Where have all the T1 Alphas gone?

Comments

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,570 ★★★★
    It’s simple... they don’t want you to progress to fast.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★

and where are all the gods

"Why is the rum always gone?"
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Current state of T1A economy
    (Permanent content/Glory store not included)

Solo
    T1A Arena (3 per 9 days; 12 per month approx.)
    EQ Heroic Completion (2 per month)
    EQ Master Completion (3 per month)
    Side Quests (Varies. 0~5 per month)
    TOTAL: 17~22 per month

Alliance
    3 Day Event (1 per 3 days; 10 per month)
    7 Day Event (1~2 per 7 days; 4~8 per month)
    TOTAL: 14~18 per month

Sigil (Paywall)
    Black ISO Market (2 per 7 days; 8 per month)
    TOTAL: 8 per month
  • Options
    YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    bro i used to be in the exact same situation. i had quit aq and aw and joined a semi-retired ally cos i didnt have time to be active all the time for ally stuff. after i got the rewards for act 6 completion i had like 5-10 t5b and t2a in overflow, but i didnt have any t1a, because solo stuff barely gives any t1a.

i decided to join a very chill ally running 544 with no bg assignments and no aw, where i could log on once in the morning and once in the evening to use up my energy, and my ally would still 100% all bgs, and on days where i could be active id be able to join map 5 for more fun. this allowed me to be able to buy a bunch a t1as with glory, and still not be pressured into logging on all the time.
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    My 2 Ways to buff T1A shortage:

-Replace Sunday with a quest that gives a T1A for completion and a T1A for exploration, it would be the same difficulty as the T4B quest.

-solo events now have a T1A as in the final milestone

Those are my 2 cents on the problem. Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    Come do map2 with my mini account. Lots of t1a in map2 crystals
  • Options
    LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Into your champs
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Well, if you do not play all game modes you will be lacking in atleast one section of rescources. That is just how this game is build. Alliance stuff is a very big part of the game.
    Might I suggest joining a map 2 alliance. You can still get plenty of glory (roughly 1800-2000) from there and requires almost no effort or participation.
  • Options
    Was525Was525 Posts: 98

Was525 said:

Come do map2 with my mini account. Lots of t1a in map2 crystals

What is your mini account name?
    Wad525jr
    I sent you a invite I think
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    I'm with @danielmath. I hardly ever use glory for them but I have a lot in stash right now.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I recently went back to playing no alliance quest or war and cannot believe the lack of access to t1 Alphas. This is terrible and can’t believe it’s not a hot topic. If you look at all the rewards for event quests, arenas etc these catalysts are almost non existent. How in the absolute heck (PG) am I supposed to get 12 of these to take 1 rank 3 5* to rank 5, if I can’t earn more than a couple in all events? This seriously needs to be addressed.

The discussion would only be meaningful if you can define what's the desired number of T1A per month. Some ppl expecting / wishing / hoping to r5 each 5* per month. Some ppl expecting / wishing / hoping to rank up all 5* whenever rank up materials are available. Some ppl just prioritize rank up decision.

Different presumption/expectation leading to different perception on T1A shortage issue.
  • Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I curently have 2 problems if I want to take up someone:
    1: I don't have ISO
    2(the one that is happening the most): I don't have T1A
    I have been getting so many good champs lately and I have no T1A.

And I mean litteraly none.

Please do something about this Kabam. The good side is that I can use my Glory to buy only T1A because my T2A is expireing but the bad side is that well...my T2A is expireing and I have no T1A...and ISO but I can get it in like a week.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    They haven’t gone anywhere... they just never really existed in the first place.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,570 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

It’s simple... they don’t want you to progress to fast.

Players who rnt in an ally cant really progress at all
    Yes they can with event quests, side quests. Just the difference is that it’s taking more time to get those t1A when it is more easier to get those t1A for being a member of the alliance. My alternative account is slowing getting those t1A from events and from arenas. It’s not much, but it’s there in slow pace.
  • Options

Maybe the amount of T1a needed to rank up 5*s needs adjusting.
    5x for R1-R2
    5x for R2 - R3
    6x for R3 - R4
    6x for R4 - R5
    Totals 22 T1a needed to max a 5*.
    The lower rank ups (1-2 & 2-3) seem a little high now.
    Also, once you are going from R4 to R5, t4b aren't needed but T1a still are (both are needed for all other 5* rank ups).
    If the R1 to R2 was lowered to 1 T1a, R2 to R3 was lowered to 3 T1a and then completely removed from the R4 to R5 that would go a long way to balance them a little.

This is exactly my point! How in the world can a solo player obtain 22 t1 Alphas now? I can get multiple t2’s in all event quests and 2 free this month in calendars, but 0 t1 when it takes twice as many of those to rank champs.
  • Options
    Reference said:

I recently went back to playing no alliance quest or war and cannot believe the lack of access to t1 Alphas. This is terrible and can’t believe it’s not a hot topic. If you look at all the rewards for event quests, arenas etc these catalysts are almost non existent. How in the absolute heck (PG) am I supposed to get 12 of these to take 1 rank 3 5* to rank 5, if I can’t earn more than a couple in all events? This seriously needs to be addressed.

The discussion would only be meaningful if you can define what's the desired number of T1A per month. Some ppl expecting / wishing / hoping to r5 each 5* per month. Some ppl expecting / wishing / hoping to rank up all 5* whenever rank up materials are available. Some ppl just prioritize rank up decision.

Different presumption/expectation leading to different perception on T1A shortage issue.

Okay, so to make this a “meaningful” discussion let’s just say more t1 Alphas should be available each month to “Earn” or get free than t2 Alphas. Is that fair?
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Should get a couple for the big Christmas present if you're cavalier.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Reference said:

Okay, so to make this a “meaningful” discussion let’s just say more t1 Alphas should be available each month to “Earn” or get free than t2 Alphas. Is that fair?
    No, you still evade to say how many T1A you want each month. As you can see, some players have T1A overflow whilst some in shortage. It’s all depends on individual rank up pattern. “More” is always good, but what’s “more” means? I can get over 30 T1A per month, is that enough? Yes for some ppl but no for some.
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,996 ★★★

Or do heroic of monthly event quest or 100% mystery in the microrealms or ultrons assault or waning moon they give t1 alphas as exploration rewards

The variants are just a one time source of T1A. It's like saying do act 5 for T2A.
    Secondly, with introducing Cavalier, and already existing side quests, there isn't enough energy to 100% Heroic. Also, how is 10$ free T1A?
    Summoner sigil
  • Options
    GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    Can't you run an alliance quest as a solo player? I'm pretty sure I've heard of people doing that before. And get enough glory to buy a few maybe.
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    I think this is a relevant enough discussion to garner as much attention as it has. I too am also getting more T2A than T1A. I don’t think it’s a lack of content or lack of alliance that are the issues, I think it’s the number of T1A needed for rank ups (compared to T2A required).

I think it’s a little weird and pointless to ask or suggest changes for something as major as rank ups. But it’s worth a shot in this case because again, I personally think it’s relevant enough.