**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sorcerer Supreme vs BWCV

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kali
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Claire all day. 3 immunities , regen, power control, huge huge sp3 with 20 charges, lots of burst damage with hellfire.
    Soc Supreme is great as well, slow, regen on block making good for no retreat, somewhat power control, great sp3, fury but Claire is the best. For suicide users she is better than doom.

Claire is not better than Doom even with suicides.
    When Doom gets into his rotation of cycling special 3s and 2s Claire doesn't even come close
    Obviously you haven't used Doom with suicides.
    I mean like he is not so bad if you can get into the special 3 rotation.
    The special 2 rotation will require timing to finish the fight off. It all comes down to letting the furies expire without firing off the special 2
    Have you used Doom with suicides? That is the question I'm asking.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Kali
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Claire all day. 3 immunities , regen, power control, huge huge sp3 with 20 charges, lots of burst damage with hellfire.
    Soc Supreme is great as well, slow, regen on block making good for no retreat, somewhat power control, great sp3, fury but Claire is the best. For suicide users she is better than doom.

When Doom gets into his rotation of cycling special 3s and 2s Claire doesn't even come close
    The special 2 rotation will require timing to finish the fight off. It all comes down to letting the furies expire without firing off the special 2
    Yes, yes I have
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    BWCV
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

But...recoil.

SP3, SP1, SP3, SP1, SP2. That's a minimum of 15% of your health gone, and that's if you didn't need an initial SP1 prior to the first SP3. You still lose a minimum of 10% health even if you do the abridged version with only 1 SP3.

Meanwhile, Claire doesn't have to worry about that nor the indefinite poison.
  • Options
    Kali
    Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Yes, yes I have
    Well, idk if you've used Doom with suicides in high level content, but he definitely loses his path clearing potential in that state. Idk how much you like spending potions for nothing, but there are many, may champs better than Doom if there's suicides at play, and Claire is way better in that condition.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Unless you're using him for like 1 AW fight, Doom is terrible with suicides. I'm not even jumping in this main conversation though
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    7714dtl said:

Who would you put on your team for the Mullaney challenge? BWCV. Time and time again her abilities make her a great choice for content. The immunities/power control/healing/suicide friendly. No contest.

I finished it without her but I agree with your idea
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’ve been able to use Claire to great effect despite having no clue what I am doing. My almost complete ignorance of the SS rotation has been more crippling in that game play. So, if incompetence is a factor, favor Claire.
  • Options
    ok peeps I'm on 7.1.5 right now and both have been incredibly useful. bwcv for the pressure gauge lame in 7.1.4 and kali for the aarkus on 6.1.3. I'm leaning towards bwcv
  • Options
    edited December 2020

:)

But fear not sorcerer fans, for she will be ranked probably around next week
    I don't ruin suicides but the immunities really push it over for me
  • Options
    JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    BWCV
    I can't speak on Sorcerer Supreme because I've never played her but..

BWCV is the absolute best option for Cav EQ imo. Her sp2 with Bleed immunity on can regen all of your health with the additional damage from prowess.

For me she's the best Mystic in the game but I run suicides so before I get beaten with a stick I will say "Doom is better." but I digress
  • Options
    FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    BWCV

FineDog said:

Really don't understand the hype about Sorcerer Supreme. No immunities, no regen that's worth talking about (her block regen is basically just a high block proficiency). She has Slow, which is useful, but it doesn't work against Science champs, the class with the most evaders. Her runes are annoying to manage.

She always gets compared to Claire for some reason, but Claire has triple immunity, incredible regen, easy nullifies, and she doesn't rely on timing your specials right to lock in some buff in order to hit like a truck.

In any semi-long fight, youre guaranteed to heal with the rune. the evade point is debatable because theres the 3 spider people but there are evaders in other classes, and she works for entire lanes of footloose, mix master, or any evade node. I don't know if you've played her at all, because her runes are very easy to manage.

Kalis nullify is better imo. You need buffs and sp2 or immunties to maintain nullify on claire, but kali can keep it up easily with sp1 spam and with md, you get specials too easily
    Okay I didn't consider those alternate evasion cases so that's a good point that makes me reconsider her a bit. Re: her regen, she only gets about 2% of her health over 12 seconds, is it just that you have to spam her specials a lot for it to matter?

Maybe I just have to play with her more but it just seems annoying to have to get all the way to special 3 to lock in the right rune and then spam specials a lot, but I guess that's the cost of most single-fight ramp-up champions.

• Options
    FineDog said:

FineDog said:

Really don't understand the hype about Sorcerer Supreme. No immunities, no regen that's worth talking about (her block regen is basically just a high block proficiency). She has Slow, which is useful, but it doesn't work against Science champs, the class with the most evaders. Her runes are annoying to manage.

She always gets compared to Claire for some reason, but Claire has triple immunity, incredible regen, easy nullifies, and she doesn't rely on timing your specials right to lock in some buff in order to hit like a truck.

In any semi-long fight, youre guaranteed to heal with the rune. the evade point is debatable because theres the 3 spider people but there are evaders in other classes, and she works for entire lanes of footloose, mix master, or any evade node. I don't know if you've played her at all, because her runes are very easy to manage.

Kalis nullify is better imo. You need buffs and sp2 or immunties to maintain nullify on claire, but kali can keep it up easily with sp1 spam and with md, you get specials too easily
    Okay I didn't consider those alternate evasion cases so that's a good point that makes me reconsider her a bit. Re: her regen, she only gets about 2% of her health over 12 seconds, is it just that you have to spam her specials a lot for it to matter?

Maybe I just have to play with her more but it just seems annoying to have to get all the way to special 3 to lock in the right rune and then spam specials a lot, but I guess that's the cost of most single-fight ramp-up champions.

right, but you get specials pretty quickly if the opponent has buffs + md. And i actually usually dont do the sp3. It probably is smarter/more efficient, but she's still great if you completely ignore it, althought the damage is really good. yeah the regen is small, but considering you'll barely take block damage, it does add up
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    FineDog said:

May I direct your attention to her special 3? You can get a permanent rune. If you need need it you can get it every special. Managing runes is just practice. It’s really not that hard. You can justify parry heavy to switch modes because you take essentially negative block damage. Even if it is blocking a combo and heavy countering. If you want a smash and grab champ, SS is not it, but if you want to be methodical and control the pace of the fight, she is great.
  • Options
    Kali

FineDog said:

May I direct your attention to her special 3? You can get a permanent rune. If you need need it you can get it every special. Managing runes is just practice. It’s really not that hard. You can justify parry heavy to switch modes because you take essentially negative block damage. Even if it is blocking a combo and heavy countering. If you want a smash and grab champ, SS is not it, but if you want to be methodical and control the pace of the fight, she is great.
    Man, I always forget about her SP 3 lol.

I only really use that when I'm fighting 6.2 Champion or something.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

FineDog said:

Man, I always forget about her SP 3 lol.

I only really use that when I'm fighting 6.2 Champion or something.
    same tbh. I think it's very strong but i always forget
  • Options
    and for all the kali lovers:

variant rng has finally blessed me with a good gem, so she will be r5ed soon
  • Options

• Options
    MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    BWCV
    I find Sorcerer Supreme ok champ but most endgame players will say she is a killer but I don't think so.. BWCV is far better. Sorcerer is ok to have when you already have a good nullify champ be it Sym Sup or Doom or anyone else. She is definitely Behind Doom, BWCV, and also SymSupreme.