**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has the game gotten too easy?

Comments

• BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Yes, new content lacks challenge, and I want more challenging content in the future
    Berjibs said:

I think we need some thronebreaker content ASAP.

Not saying all content needs to be more challenging just some regular content.

If you’re challenged by variants and cav eq guess what, you’ve got a shedload of stuff to get through. Seems selfish in the extreme to try and deny other people something they can enjoy too.

same way i feel !
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Yes, new content lacks challenge, and I want more challenging content in the future
    Who would have thought that asking for something to do would get the same people who complained about the Black Friday deals to call you entitled? Someone said it up here, I won’t bother to quote the specific person, but what exactly is the point of having a developed roster if there’s nothing that will challenge it? Also, what makes you assume that being able to do content automatically makes someone a massive whale who has every single good champ in the game? Sounds like some of y’all got a complex lol
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

If you aren't challenged, then use less OP Champs in your roster, or less ranked up ones or lower star versions. You can make the game more challenging that way all day long.

It's not the job of the player to use lower rarity champs just to make endgame content challenging , that defeats the purpose of obtaining higher rarity champs !
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I feel appropriately challenged by the games new content

If you aren't challenged, then use less OP Champs in your roster, or less ranked up ones or lower star versions. You can make the game more challenging that way all day long.

It's not the job of the player to use lower rarity champs just to make endgame content challenging , that defeats the purpose of obtaining higher rarity champs !
    I agree. It's not the players job. It's their choice. Every choice has a consequence or reward. You can fix the problem you created with your own expectation for increased difficulty. I don't have an issue with the new content. I thought it was fun and enjoy the rewards. Was it easy - with certain champs it was very manageable with my roster. Could I increase the challenge level by bringing in lower ranked or less use champs, absolutely. Is it Kabam's fault if someone wants a bigger challenge, but still chooses to use their best champs or cheese counters instead of champs that would increase the difficulty for them? Absolutely not.

Greekhit said:

Kabam should better stay on the path they are now on creating content, and ignore those arrogant, bragging posts as this one is.
    Whatever, but really whatever content will be released, no matter how hard or how much preparation needs, the whales will do it on day 1.
    Abyss was the biggest example of that.
    It was supposed to be content that needs months to be cleared (in fact it is for most people), while many of the “top” players got the hacked maps, or even hired mercenaries and cleared it within first hours.

This isn’t true. Even my alliance has several people who haven’t finished abyss, or finished it in the last few months. Those people finished 7.1 in a few days
    How many of them did it with 5* R1 cyclops for the entire exploration? I bet that would have been super challenging, but not much fun or good for units. If we always use the best options and counters in our rosters, it's going to at least feel easier.

I miss the days of the 3* master mode streams. Take that same approach to the new content to increase the difficulty if need be (i know you can't use 3*, but use less ranked 5* and avoid 6* completely.) You can always make content more challenging for yourself if that's what yiu need. No one was screaming for 7.1 to be released the way it was in the 1st beta... maybe some, but not enough for anyone to care. Kabam is following the general feedback and its a bit refreshing to me for once. To each their own though.
    I don't disagree with the direction they took story mode because WAY more people will enjoy and complete it. I'm about 2/3 of the way through 7.1 itemless with no ghost/corv (my own rules) on my streams, and while it's been decently fun, i don't consider it much of an accomplishment. If they wanna make stuff like variant and story mode more midgame content, that's cool, but shouldn't there be SOMETHING for the top x%?
    If they put a star/class/rank/niche counter gate, they lose. If they open it up and give some cool counters or champ buffs that make it "easier" they lose. Kabam seems to be trying something new... leave the choice up to the player - a middle ground for both sides and a landing point that will be challenging for some and less challenging for others depending on certain rosters. It's now up to the players to decide how much "more" challenging they want to make certain content by who they put on their team instead of Kabam putting up a set wall and getting ostracized for it. I think it's the smart play for the general player base and now it's our own fault if we don't feel challenged enough because we use our top champs. I'm sure Act 7 is going to ramp up as it goes on, X.1 has never been super crazy for any of the "top tier" players at that point in time, has it, honestly?
  • Mr_PredictorMr_Predictor Posts: 107

Why do people have to be so damn selfish sometimes? I know what it feels like to be at the end of a game and be waiting for SOMETHING, anything to challenge you. It's boring. Very. Do people not understand what an endgame roster looks like or something? Bc using V6 and 7.1 as examples of challenging content or making the asinine excuse of "Use lower rank champs then" is just so ignorant and stupid ( @Ethereality )

Lol!! The guy is asking Kabam to make the game cater only just to HIM and a small percentage of players that have the money/time/luck for having a perfectly stacked endgame worthy roster ( and the resources to rank them) and he's calling ME selfish?

Lol!! you should go check the dictionary for the definition of the word selfish.

Btw you should re-read my post. I never said to use lower rank champs. What I said was to take a break from the game and come back whenever your current stacked roster (that makes everything so easy for you NOW) becomes outdated and no longer endgame worthy. Then, you'll get that "challenge" that you crave so much.
    Are you ok? Mate. How many darn times have I stated that I'm MIDGAME. Middle. Of the game. MIDDLE. Not END. I'm not asking for content for me. I'm asking for content for the ones who need and want it. And that's considered "Selfish". What exactly do you have against endgamers? They've progressed further than you and I. Get the hell over it and look past your own needs.
    Tbh, I wouldn't call someone who managed to explore 7.1 within a week and complete variant 6 at launch a midgame player.

Here is my roster. I would say I'm pretty mid-game.

Greekhit said:

Kabam should better stay on the path they are now on creating content, and ignore those arrogant, bragging posts as this one is.
    Whatever, but really whatever content will be released, no matter how hard or how much preparation needs, the whales will do it on day 1.
    It was supposed to be content that needs months to be cleared (in fact it is for most people), while many of the “top” players got the hacked maps, or even hired mercenaries and cleared it within first hours.

This isn’t true. Even my alliance has several people who haven’t finished abyss, or finished it in the last few months. Those people finished 7.1 in a few days
    How many of them did it with 5* R1 cyclops for the entire exploration? I bet that would have been super challenging, but not much fun or good for units. If we always use the best options and counters in our rosters, it's going to at least feel easier.

I miss the days of the 3* master mode streams. Take that same approach to the new content to increase the difficulty if need be (i know you can't use 3*, but use less ranked 5* and avoid 6* completely.) You can always make content more challenging for yourself if that's what yiu need. No one was screaming for 7.1 to be released the way it was in the 1st beta... maybe some, but not enough for anyone to care. Kabam is following the general feedback and its a bit refreshing to me for once. To each their own though.
    I don't disagree with the direction they took story mode because WAY more people will enjoy and complete it. I'm about 2/3 of the way through 7.1 itemless with no ghost/corv (my own rules) on my streams, and while it's been decently fun, i don't consider it much of an accomplishment. If they wanna make stuff like variant and story mode more midgame content, that's cool, but shouldn't there be SOMETHING for the top x%?
    If they put a star/class/rank/niche counter gate, they lose. If they open it up and give some cool counters or champ buffs that make it "easier" they lose. Kabam seems to be trying something new... leave the choice up to the player - a middle ground for both sides and a landing point that will be challenging for some and less challenging for others depending on certain rosters. It's now up to the players to decide how much "more" challenging they want to make certain content by who they put on their team instead of Kabam putting up a set wall and getting ostracized for it. I think it's the smart play for the general player base and now it's our own fault if we don't feel challenged enough because we use our top champs. I'm sure Act 7 is going to ramp up as it goes on, X.1 has never been super crazy for any of the "top tier" players at that point in time, has it, honestly?
    You're missing the entire point. It's not about 'losing' or 'winning'. It's about content made specifically for the people at the tippity top. Abyss on release day. 6.2 expo on release. Etc. Not all content has to be accessible to everyone.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Why does everyone assume that seatin (buys way through content on day 1, has basically every champ) is a representative sample of every thronebreaker? Abyss took me a few months to fully explore, I cheerfully admit it. Did I enjoy abyss? Not entirely, I absolutely hated a few of the fights. But it’s done. The point is that content such as act 6 and abyss was made to offer a suitable challenge for the average player with r5 champions, and as a reward R3 champions would be unlocked in the form of T5CC availability. It only naturally follows that there should be some content that offers a suitable challenge for r3 champions, correct? Well there quite simply isn’t. I’m fine with T5CC being more easily accessible from variants and aq, but the game needs more R3 focused content to balance this out.

Greekhit said:

You're missing the entire point. It's not about 'losing' or 'winning'. It's about content made specifically for the people at the tippity top. Abyss on release day. 6.2 expo on release. Etc. Not all content has to be accessible to everyone.
    But thats just it. They're not special. Anyone who qualifies to get there should be able to do it. Some payroll get there, some have amazing skill, some are a mix. The content you speak of is high tier war and top tier aq players. Abyss to an extent but can be done by anyone with a wallet or great skill and enough units. There is no elite mcoc membership called tippity top. This could go on and on and on. New content comes out, people don't like it if it is too hard, people don't like it if it is too easy. It's in the eye of the beholder either way and you can make it more challenging if you want, but if yiu choose not to, no one cares and no one will miss you if you decide its time to call it quits.
    This is so painfully inaccurate, I don't even know where to start.

1) "Anyone who qualifies to get there should be able to get it". Obviously. But, there are people that just straightup not at that point yet.

2) "The content you speak of is high tier war and top tier AQ". You mean the tedious and broing alliance events in desperate need of some modifications? Newsflash. AQ is extremely repetitive and so is war. It's the same old same old placements every time. Everyone has access to those too. But, they aren't even super challenging for most endgamers.

3) "There is no elite membership called the tippity top". My DEAREST apologies that my word choice wasn't up to par. Let me rephrase. Endgamers, who have all or 99% of the permanent in game content finished.

4) "New content comes out, people don't like if it's it's too hard, people don't like it if it's too easy". You can never please everyone, I'll give you that. But when your target audience is a small fraction of the game, there is less of a chance to make people super upset.

5) "It's in the eye of the beholder either way and you can make it more challenging if you want, but if yiu choose not to, no one cares and no one will miss you if you decide its time to call it quits." What? We don't design the content? Yes you can make it more challenging, but once content is done, it's done. No point in messing around with content for long periods of time for no good reason. Also, why quit? Why do they have to quit bc you're too sore to accept that not all content is for everyone?

Greekhit said:

But thats just it. They're not special. Anyone who qualifies to get there should be able to do it. Some payroll get there, some have amazing skill, some are a mix. The content you speak of is high tier war and top tier aq players. Abyss to an extent but can be done by anyone with a wallet or great skill and enough units. There is no elite mcoc membership called tippity top. This could go on and on and on. New content comes out, people don't like it if it is too hard, people don't like it if it is too easy. It's in the eye of the beholder either way and you can make it more challenging if you want, but if yiu choose not to, no one cares and no one will miss you if you decide its time to call it quits.

1) "Anyone who qualifies to get there should be able to get it". Obviously. But, there are people that just straightup not at that point yet.

2) "The content you speak of is high tier war and top tier AQ". You mean the tedious and broing alliance events in desperate need of some modifications? Newsflash. AQ is extremely repetitive and so is war. It's the same old same old placements every time. Everyone has access to those too. But, they aren't even super challenging for most endgamers.

3) "There is no elite membership called the tippity top". My DEAREST apologies that my word choice wasn't up to par. Let me rephrase. Endgamers, who have all or 99% of the permanent in game content finished.

4) "New content comes out, people don't like if it's it's too hard, people don't like it if it's too easy". You can never please everyone, I'll give you that. But when your target audience is a small fraction of the game, there is less of a chance to make people super upset.

5) "It's in the eye of the beholder either way and you can make it more challenging if you want, but if yiu choose not to, no one cares and no one will miss you if you decide its time to call it quits." What? We don't design the content? Yes you can make it more challenging, but once content is done, it's done. No point in messing around with content for long periods of time for no good reason. Also, why quit? Why do they have to quit bc you're too sore to accept that not all content is for everyone?
    Why would they only target a small group? If I were a game developer, I wouldn't make content that majority of the player base won't be able to do. Of course you could say the rest will catch up and grow into it, but I don't think they can constantly make content for those at the "top". That's where they try to balance things out. If the percentage of endgame players is higher than expected, then maybe, but that just doesn't seem possible to me.

And that is where you lost me. Constantly. According to an endgamer in this thread, the last hard piece of content was 6.4. No-one is asking for constant content. They're asking for SOMETHING.
    mbrace said:

I know some of you just come in here to brag about how you blow through game content and what not. I personally enjoy the game in its current state, where you might have to use some of the revives in your stash to complete the hardest of the events, but you aren’t really spending any units. Cavalier and Act 7 are easily doable if you bring appropriate champs, and that’s great. Those of you who are screaming for more, go for 100% in Abyss. Maybe even petition Kabam for another Labyrinth, but don’t mess with the monthly content that we rely on to grow our rosters.

Another one that missed the entire point.

1) "Go explore abyss". What makes you think they have done that or aren't working on it?

2) "Petition for another labyrinth". What the hell?

3) "Don't mess with monthly content". Who's asking for monthly content to be changed? Monthly content is at a great spot difficulty wise.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

Greekhit said:

Why would they only target a small group? If I were a game developer, I wouldn't make content that majority of the player base won't be able to do. Of course you could say the rest will catch up and grow into it, but I don't think they can constantly make content for those at the "top". That's where they try to balance things out. If the percentage of endgame players is higher than expected, then maybe, but that just doesn't seem possible to me.

And that is where you lost me. Constantly. According to an endgamer in this thread, the last hard piece of content was 6.4. No-one is asking for constant content. They're asking for SOMETHING.

Greekhit said:

Exactly. The last piece of "hard content" was supposedly 6.4, and that's why some are complaining. If it's not constant, then how do you satisfy them?

I'm not say there shouldn't be hard content, don't get that twisted.

Greekhit said:

Greekhit said:

Exactly. The last piece of "hard content" was supposedly 6.4, and that's why some are complaining. If it's not constant, then how do you satisfy them?

I'm not say there shouldn't be hard content, don't get that twisted.
    Consistent at least. Also, 6.4 was 9 months ago. Summer of pain was supposed to be in the summer. It is winter.

@TitoBandito187 please tell me you’ve 100%ed act 6 and done at least one run of abyss. Because if not then honestly you sound pretty silly trying to offer “endgamer tips” and talking like that.

None of this has any bearing on the thread, but I'm not gonna let you throw up some BS call out either. End gamers are people who have done the end game content. I'm there. I just ain't rushing ro do everything as soon as I can and thats usually the people who make these posts.

My account is 1.1mil. I took a year off because the game got boring and came back during covid cause i have extra time on my hands. I've completed all of act 6, 7.1, every variant, lol, the latest celeb challenge. I'm planning abyss during the upcoming holiday break since its so damn time consuming and don't want to take 7-9 hours of marathon fighting. I'm end game enough and working around life and my schedule. I don't rush because there's no need and getting to the finish line as soon as its moved forward is exactly why we have these threads.

Why does one have to 100 all of act 6 to be an end gamer? Im probably never going to 100 it because it doesn't appeal to me. I probably won't ever 100 LoL because i don't think the time is worth the rewards anymore either. Lots of people don't like act 6 for what it is/was and thats why there was an uproar with act 7 beta. Lots of people hate act 6, not because it's challenging, but because there were/are BS gates and node combinations that aren't challenging, but are punishing.

Those are personal choices and I'm not opening threads complaining about them because I know I can choose to make changes later if I feel inclined to do so. This is the real difference between OP and me. He wants kabam to change instead of changing himself. I have no such inclination because I know that my choices dictate how I feel about the game content.

And not that it matters... Abyss I'm planning soon. I have not done ot simply because it is a unit/item fest. I've got the horsemen and skill, but unlike act 7 and the new variant, it is still very much unit and item based, not to mention it's a huge time sink. Anyone with the roster and the units can do this, but even extremely high skilled players like BG still dropped tons of items here. The more skill, the less items, but it is still a major unit/item event and that's not fun for me so why rush it?

This is exactly why many people are enjoying variant 6 and act 7. You don't have to throw units at them, they are challenging depending on who you put on your team, its new content, the rewards are good, but there is no real BS baked in. I still could care less that you or anyone else might think it's too easy. Anyone could challenge themself using different teams and that fact won't change. Personally, I thought it was fun, different, new and appreciate the rewards out it.