**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

HT or Void for Abyss?

Diablo0829Diablo0829 Posts: 9
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Starting my exploration of Abyss and am wondering if HT or Void will be the better option. I didn't have Void when I did the first path months ago, but now he's r5 and sig 200. In particular I'm going to be running path 3 as my next path as it seems to be the next easiest from what I've heard. I know overall they both have very similar abilities, but I also know there are times when HT is the better option and vice versa.

The rest of my team is Aegon, Doom, Stealthy (for LC) and Colossus (for Havok), so I don't want to bring both. Also, would G2099 work better for Havok if I'm not bringing Omega for synergy with Colossus? Can't find any videos of anyone using G2099 against Havok and I don't have Warlock.

Let me know who would be better particularly for path 3 (HT or Void) and if you can comment who is better for Havok (Colossus without Omega or G2099).

HT or Void for Abyss? 59 votes

Void
18%
PalanthraxHonaway_23gforcefanKill_GreyDeaconDJMNHMx268KeyBShenkThebombsquad1Barani7da 11 votes
Human Torch
81%
Haji_SaabzuffyMets17Lvernon15DOKTOROKTOPUSKARTIKeya8Kabiraz77BrokenpseudosaneWicket329KerneasxandersrevengeB_Dizzle_01Reaper2823shivam1KevanproG-sixate-EtjamakubricknolanTotalMonster109 48 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Human Torch
    From what I've seen, HT is better for path 3 and Colossus would be better for Havok, but there are definetely better options. What's your roster look like?

Edit: In fact, I'm pretty sure you can get Ægom to a high enough combo where he reduces the AAR of the plasmas, right? Ægon should work for Havok.
  • Options

Havok would be the first fight on that path for Aegon. I planned to use HT or Void on Darkhawk, stealthy for LC, then HT or Void for OML.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    Is void good for the morningstar fight in abyss??
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    For path 3, Torch is definitely the move. He’ll be able to one or two shot all of the mystics on the path (don’t forget to turn off dex for Dorm), so he’s the better choice for this path specifically.

I ran Colossus on this path and he gets the Havok fight done but it’s a very long one. Would recommend working in an sp3 just for the additional tankiness in case you slip up and eat an unblockable special. Assuming you’ve got willpower, you’ll be healing a lot in that fight so you shouldn’t have a problem using up the whole hit counter that you get.

I’m not sure how Guilly would do, honestly. Your first hundred hits are basically a wash, since it sounds like you won’t be coming in ramped up. Could work well, could be a revive pit. I’d recommend finding some content where you can test her up to 240 hits and just see how much damage that is.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Void
    What are the fights before Havok? I'm pretty sure you could bank your combo on a preceding fight by quitting out with whatever champ you're using when the opponent's health is very low, then finish with G99. You'll start at 100 combo for havok, and even if you can't solo, you can still come back in. I assume it could be done in 1 or 2 revives.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

What are the fights before Havok? I'm pretty sure you could bank your combo on a preceding fight by quitting out with whatever champ you're using when the opponent's health is very low, then finish with G99. You'll start at 100 combo for havok, and even if you can't solo, you can still come back in. I assume it could be done in 1 or 2 revives.

Hmmm true. Once I die though it would be starting back over at 0 combo and the rest of the fight would be long. Not necessarily much longer than any other option though
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Void

Kill_Grey said:

Hmmm true. Once I die though it would be starting back over at 0 combo and the rest of the fight would be long. Not necessarily much longer than any other option though
    Pretty sure you'd already have taken off about 3 Million health. Starting from 0 combo should be about 1 million health each go.
  • Options
    Mx268Mx268 Posts: 72
    Void
    Etjama said:

From what I've seen, HT is better for path 3 and Colossus would be better for Havok, but there are definetely better options. What's your roster look like?

Edit: In fact, I'm pretty sure you can get Ægom to a high enough combo where he reduces the AAR of the plasmas, right? Ægon should work for Havok.

Ægon work wonderfully for Havok if you can reach 500+ combos which is easily doable if he's at a decent Sig Level
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Void
    Both can do it. I took Void on all my paths, HT for Deadpool.
  • Options
    shivam1shivam1 Posts: 87
    Human Torch
    HT is just O-P
    He not only counters mystics
    But also those with passive armours(AOL imiw) hehe
  • Options
    Hey @Diablo0829, we have different sections in these Forums to help us keep everything organized in a way that allows everyone to find existing discussions about specific topics more easily.

I've went ahead and moved this thread from General Discussion to the Strategy and Tips section as it is the most appropriate place for it.

When posting new discussions in the future, please take a moment to review the various sections and choose the most relevant one. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please reach out to a Moderator via Private Message.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    I used both torch and void in my run and void only did Joe fight and last 15% of im iw. Torch was used for most fights.
    Aegon for main
    Doom for cosmics ( 1 revive each cosmic except vtd)
  • Options
    Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    Void
    I'll recommend HT, for havok I won't recommend him because havok is incinerate immune also HT is not immune for plasma denotation,for havok IMO void.
    Apocalypse horsemen synergy maybe or may not help for 3rd path,u search some clips of horsemen synergy in YouTube,if it worth you can go on it. Get a nice Abyss run😀
  • Options
    Void
    Wicket329 said:

For path 3, Torch is definitely the move. He’ll be able to one or two shot all of the mystics on the path (don’t forget to turn off dex for Dorm), so he’s the better choice for this path specifically.

I ran Colossus on this path and he gets the Havok fight done but it’s a very long one. Would recommend working in an sp3 just for the additional tankiness in case you slip up and eat an unblockable special. Assuming you’ve got willpower, you’ll be healing a lot in that fight so you shouldn’t have a problem using up the whole hit counter that you get.

I’m not sure how Guilly would do, honestly. Your first hundred hits are basically a wash, since it sounds like you won’t be coming in ramped up. Could work well, could be a revive pit. I’d recommend finding some content where you can test her up to 240 hits and just see how much damage that is.

Why should we turn off Dex,I had seen lagacy he turned off why? Please tell me 🤔
  • Options

If someone send me 1 ggc crystal i send him back 2 reply if someone interested
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    Barani7da said:

Wicket329 said:

Why should we turn off Dex,I had seen lagacy he turned off why? Please tell me 🤔
    It’s dorm?
  • Options
    Void
    Lvernon15 said:

Barani7da said:

Wicket329 said:

It’s dorm?
    That means I can't understand what u telling